Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 113

Thread: Republican senators push for balanced budget amendment

  1. #21
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Republican senators push for balanced budget amendment

    Why are Republicans always so concerned with passing amendments. Get some real crap done, actually propose a reasonable budget and then come back - leave the Constitution alone with your bull****.

  2. #22
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,273
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Republican senators push for balanced budget amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by OhReally? View Post
    Republican senators push for balanced budget amendment – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs



    Very interesting. I wish that I could agree with this proposal, but changing the rules to approve spending seems to be a huge problem considering our tendency to be so evenly split.

    If they took out the two-thirds to increase taxes, I'd be more willing to support the legislation. The failure to take out such a provision would pass legislation that has nothing to do with a balanced budget and everything to do with destroying the ability of the federal government to respond.
    This is reaaaaaaal rich stuff.

    While I honestly think it's a great idea.

    It ain't gonna work on paper.

    Watch the first republican administration have to bypass it because of a little something called REALITY.

  3. #23
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,068

    Re: Republican senators push for balanced budget amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    Not going to happen. Democrat Senate won't pass it and Obama would never sign it, because it goes against his plan to destroy the economy so he can push his Socialist agenda.
    Thanks Sean Hannity.... now back to reality.

    It will never happen as the Constitution will never again be amended (on anything)... well, not until our politics become more civil (more about solutions, less about party power).

    The level of acrimony in our political discourse has reached a dangerous level. Unless we figure out how do this, our Union is headed for serious trouble.
    Last edited by upsideguy; 04-01-11 at 10:22 PM.

  4. #24
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Republican senators push for balanced budget amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Why are Republicans always so concerned with passing amendments. Get some real crap done, actually propose a reasonable budget and then come back.
    when the party in power possessed pelosi's place with a plurality of SEVENTY SIX seats and owned as well a FILIBUSTER PROOF senate, it failed pusillanimously even to PROPOSE a budget for 2010

    Dems won't pass budget

    irrelevant obama's 2012 doa proposal brazenly INCREASES the deficit by THIRTY PERCENT and relies on unrealistically rosy growth rates and near-zero interest forever to WHITEWASH its outyear projections

    Obama’s 2012 Budget: $1.65 Trillion Deficit Means More Cuts, Less Stimulus -- Daily Intel

  5. #25
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Republican senators push for balanced budget amendment

    this bba was originally floated as the PRICE boehner's boys and broads would exact for agreeing to raise the DEBT CEILING

    look at it this way---put yourself in senator clair mccaskill's mary janes

    she's in quite a bit of trouble in the show me state which, incidentally voted SEVENTY ONE PERCENT for measure c last fall to murder THE MANDATE

    she saw 17 termer ike skelton, armed services CHAIR, tumble before the taunts of some tenderfoot tea drinker on tsunami tuesday

    she saw RUBBER STAMP ROBIN CARNAHAN thoroughly ROUTED from her senate INCUMBENCY by a margin of almost FOURTEEN

    and now miserable ms mccaskill is tormented by these revelations of EIGHTY EIGHT THOUSAND DOLLARS of taxpayer subsidized POLITICAL flight on a jet she herself owns

    she also admits she failed to pay THREE HUNDRED AND TWENTY THOUSAND DOLLARS of state taxes on "the damned plane"

    in 04 she savaged her opponent for simply flying private

    and this week she credits her own "transparency" for bringing these indiscretions to light

    Plane revelations dog McCaskill's re-election bid

    how's misfortunate ms mccaskill to appear before her constituents towards 2012 having voted once again to RAISE the debt ceiling while simultaneously KILLING a bba?

    the upshot is---the show me senator is certainly not isolated

    jon tester in montana, webb in virginia, the nelsons in nebraska and florida, conrad in dakota, manchin in west virginia...

    casey, klobuchar, stabenow, brown, bingaman, kohl, cantwell...

    even depressed difi in deeply democrat california, where moonbeam brown this week SURRENDERED his special and is now INEVITABLY up against TWELVE TO TWENTY TWO BILLION dollars in CUTS...

    i'd hate to be in difi's diors

    when you stop to think about it

    party on, playmates
    Last edited by The Prof; 04-01-11 at 10:59 PM.

  6. #26
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Republican senators push for balanced budget amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by OhReally? View Post
    Well the Democrats in the Senate aren't going to pass it because all of the moderate Democrats who would be interested have been voted out. Obama wouldn't sign it but I don't think it has anything with some conspiracy theory to destroy the economy or push a socialist agenda. Frankly, any agenda by virtually any American politician is a little bit "socialist".
    What conspiracy theory? My post is based on statements Obama and others in his Administration, appointees, Czars and admitted Communists and Socialists have made and well as a few Liberals in both Houses of congress.

    Add to that the FACT that Obama spent 20 years learning all about Black Liberation Theology which is based on Marxism, after being raised by Communists and seeking out the same in College as well as radicals.

    You can bury your head in the sand or some other place but it won't change the FACTS.

  7. #27
    User OhReally?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    04-10-11 @ 01:08 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    129

    Re: Republican senators push for balanced budget amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    What conspiracy theory? My post is based on statements Obama and others in his Administration, appointees, Czars and admitted Communists and Socialists have made and well as a few Liberals in both Houses of congress.

    Add to that the FACT that Obama spent 20 years learning all about Black Liberation Theology which is based on Marxism, after being raised by Communists and seeking out the same in College as well as radicals.

    You can bury your head in the sand or some other place but it won't change the FACTS.
    A series of facts does not an outcome make... Just because there are facts does not mean there is sufficient evident to extend your argument to causation.

  8. #28
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,263

    Re: Republican senators push for balanced budget amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    That is not fiscally responsible in the least! It seems like being GOP simply means doing everything in your power to keep taxes from being raised. What the hell has happened to that party?
    As opposed the other party of drunken sailors?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  9. #29
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,263

    Re: Republican senators push for balanced budget amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This is reaaaaaaal rich stuff.

    While I honestly think it's a great idea.

    It ain't gonna work on paper.

    Watch the first republican administration have to bypass it because of a little something called REALITY.
    Reality? You act like there is not choice in the direction of reality. So that's how the left justifies its thinking, "Awww, we have to face reality and keep blacks on welfare, and pay out more social security benefits to people who never worked, and more programs to save the spotted owl. We can't help it."
    Last edited by American; 04-03-11 at 09:36 AM.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #30
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,470

    Re: Republican senators push for balanced budget amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    That is not fiscally responsible in the least! It seems like being GOP simply means doing everything in your power to keep taxes from being raised. What the hell has happened to that party?
    I don't think it's a good idea either. What if we are attacked and declare war, we'd need to suddenly spend more money on moving troops and waging war... What if a major earthquake hits CA, or a hurricane hits FL, tornado in the Midwest, fires, floods, etc... they'd need emergency relief and that would require spending too, maybe even activating the guards. It just seems reckless to me, but maybe it's a stunt the GOP is trying to pull to look good, because they probably know it would never be amended under Obama.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •