Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 93

Thread: Union threatens boycott of any business that doesn't show support

  1. #41
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Union threatens boycott of any business that doesn't show support

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    "Here in this case, these union thugs are saying "put this sign up or we will boycott you"... Really? You have no issue with this thug like activity?"


    Do you support these tactics?


    yes or no please
    That is not thug activity, that is what a boycott is. "Do what we want or we will not buy your product." And you again avoid the issue: are boycotts acceptable? You have succeeded in defining a boycott, but not explaining why this is any different than any other boycott.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #42
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,404

    Re: Union threatens boycott of any business that doesn't show support

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So how is this different than say, Focus on the Family organizing a boycott of Proctor and Gamble, trying to force them not to hire gay people? That is what a boycott is, trying to force businesses to do what you want.

    Oh so it goes from "conservatives" to "focus on the family" a southern baptist organization.... /facepalm
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #43
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Union threatens boycott of any business that doesn't show support

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Oh so it goes from "conservatives" to "focus on the family" a southern baptist organization.... /facepalm
    Or Tea Party groups saying that if the accepted a federal bailout, they would boycott GM? See how you avoid and evade.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #44
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Union threatens boycott of any business that doesn't show support

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Not all boycotts and issues are equal. These union members are boycotting businesses that don't outright support their cause. They are literally trying to oust their governor over one issue, and they are doing it because their precious unmerited pensions and benefits are at stake due to Wisconsin's budget crisis. They are trying to bully their way into victory.
    Bully: A person who is habitually cruel or overbearing, especially to smaller or weaker people. (The Free Dictionary)

    Boycotting someone who does not support one's interests is not a "habitually cruel or overbearing" action. And small businesses are not "small and weak" relative to their political power -since they can 1. Donate money to Walker. 2. Vote.

    If businesses, small or large, are working against your interests, then you shouldn't go there - the businesses who don't show support for collective bargaining are the businesses who don't need support from union members.

  5. #45
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,404

    Re: Union threatens boycott of any business that doesn't show support

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    That is not thug activity, that is what a boycott is. "Do what we want or we will not buy your product." And you again avoid the issue: are boycotts acceptable? You have succeeded in defining a boycott, but not explaining why this is any different than any other boycott.


    thanks for answering... it says a lot...




    There is a difference between "I don't like what you are doing so we're going to boycott you" and "you support us or we boycott you.... And I don't care who's doing it... The LP itself can come into my shop for example and tell me either hang up an LP banner or they will boycott me, and I'd tell those thugs the same thing I say about these union thugs...

    Go **** yourselves.....


    now if a union stated on thier website they are boycotting me because I refuse to hire union, and am a non union shop, I don't care and there is nothing wrong with it.



    I would be shocked if you don't see the difference.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #46
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,953

    Re: Union threatens boycott of any business that doesn't show support

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So how is this different than say, Focus on the Family organizing a boycott of Proctor and Gamble, trying to force them not to hire gay people? That is what a boycott is, trying to force businesses to do what you want.
    The difference is that was over an issue. Focus on the Family was not going to every business and telling them "either support us or we will boycott you." I'm not very informed over the Focus on the Family boycott, however from what you described it is far different from what these unions are doing. They are boycotting businesses that don't support them and are essentially acting like thugs and bullies in order to force or scare all the businesses into supporting them or suffering business loss.

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Bully: A person who is habitually cruel or overbearing, especially to smaller or weaker people. (The Free Dictionary)

    Boycotting someone who does not support one's interests is not a "habitually cruel or overbearing" action. And small businesses are not "small and weak" relative to their political power -since they can 1. Donate money to Walker. 2. Vote.

    If businesses, small or large, are working against your interests, then you shouldn't go there - the businesses who don't show support for collective bargaining are the businesses who don't need support from union members.
    From what I understand though, these union members are boycotting businesses that are neutral and simply not showing support either way for either side. They are trying to gain support by telling these businesses to either support them or suffer business loss due to their boycott. They are essentially being cruel and trying to harass companies into supporting them. These are bully/thug tactics to me.
    Last edited by digsbe; 03-31-11 at 05:01 PM.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  7. #47
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Union threatens boycott of any business that doesn't show support

    Another example of thuggery, and a good reason to put an end to Unions.

  8. #48
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,404

    Re: Union threatens boycott of any business that doesn't show support

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Or Tea Party groups saying that if the accepted a federal bailout, they would boycott GM? See how you avoid and evade.


    I don't know why you want to make this about me, but read my previous post.


    You are wrong again. really, you should try arguing my actual position, not the one you give me.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #49
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,404

    Re: Union threatens boycott of any business that doesn't show support

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    The difference is that was over an issue. Focus on the Family was not going to every business and telling them "either support us or we will boycott you." I'm not very informed over the Focus on the Family boycott, however from what you described it is far different from what these unions are doing. They are boycotting businesses that [i]don't[i] support them and are essentially acting like thugs and bullies in order to force or scare all the businesses into supporting them or suffering business loss.



    From what I understand though, these union members are boycotting businesses that are neutral and simply not showing support either way for either side. They are trying to gain support by telling these businesses to either support them or suffer business loss due to their boycott. They are essentially being cruel and trying to harass companies into supporting them. These are bully/thug tactics to me.



    It's a shake down. A mob style shake down.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #50
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Union threatens boycott of any business that doesn't show support

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    I don't know why you want to make this about me, but read my previous post.


    You are wrong again. really, you should try arguing my actual position, not the one you give me.
    I am trying to understand your position. You say that saying "support our issue or we boycott" is not the same thing as saying "We don't like your position on an issue so we am boycotting". The reality is they are exactly the same thing.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •