Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 93

Thread: Union threatens boycott of any business that doesn't show support

  1. #31
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,322
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Union threatens boycott of any business that doesn't show support

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    I don't recall any conservative going to peoples houses headed to disney and threatening them if they go... but nice try.


    yes these union thugs are scum. If I don't want to show support in the matter you ask you are going to threaten me? **** you, union jackals....
    Yes, they simply publicly condemn in the media and try and put them out of business. That is so much better. I figured this would be the reaction...they are scum, unless it's us doing it, then it is proper.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #32
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,610

    Re: Union threatens boycott of any business that doesn't show support

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Yes, they simply publicly condemn in the media and try and put them out of business. That is so much better. I figured this would be the reaction...they are scum, unless it's us doing it, then it is proper.

    Building strawmen? Where did I say it was "proper" please quote me...

    I think if you search ALL of my posts on all the forums I have been on, you learn that I really don't think any boycotts work or are worth the time and effort. I have no idea about this disney strawman you built but I think Disney is far less intimidated than joe's ace hardware store by the actions of the boycotters...

    Here in this case, these union thugs are saying "put this sign up or we will boycott you"... Really? You have no issue with this thug like activity?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #33
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,322
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Union threatens boycott of any business that doesn't show support

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Building strawmen? Where did I say it was "proper" please quote me...

    I think if you search ALL of my posts on all the forums I have been on, you learn that I really don't think any boycotts work or are worth the time and effort. I have no idea about this disney strawman you built but I think Disney is far less intimidated than joe's ace hardware store by the actions of the boycotters...

    Here in this case, these union thugs are saying "put this sign up or we will boycott you"... Really? You have no issue with this thug like activity?
    And you are doing it again without even realizing it. Making excuses why this one is different and worthy of condemning, since it is being done by some one you disagree with.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #34
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,610

    Re: Union threatens boycott of any business that doesn't show support

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    And you are doing it again without even realizing it. Making excuses why this one is different and worthy of condemning, since it is being done by some one you disagree with.



    i am doing no such thing. I am unfamiliar with the disney boycot, and your red herring is of no consequence here. Why won't you answer the question?



    "Here in this case, these union thugs are saying "put this sign up or we will boycott you"... Really? You have no issue with this thug like activity?"


    Do you support these tactics?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #35
    User
    Chappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    04-07-15 @ 01:50 AM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,443
    Blog Entries
    26

    Re: Union threatens boycott of any business that doesn't show support

    So are conservatives now arguing that to withhold your business from local establishments is somehow a crime? Are they saying we don't have that right either? First collective bargaining, now this? What's the message? Shut up and get back to work? Or what? Conservative sentiments in this country are becoming more and more anti-American as far as I can tell.
    “Real environmentalists live in cities, and they visit what's left of the wilderness as gently and respectfully as possible.” — Donna Moulton, letter to the editor, Tucson Weekly, published on August 23, 2001

  6. #36
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,322
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Union threatens boycott of any business that doesn't show support

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    i am doing no such thing. I am unfamiliar with the disney boycot, and your red herring is of no consequence here. Why won't you answer the question?



    "Here in this case, these union thugs are saying "put this sign up or we will boycott you"... Really? You have no issue with this thug like activity?"


    Do you support these tactics?
    I have never had any problem whatsoever with boycotts. They are an american tradition. I don't have to base my attitudes towards something based on who is doing it. There are no red herrings here. I asked a legitimate question. Are boycotts acceptable or not Rev, or does it depend on who is threatening them? It's funny how you are avoiding that.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #37
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,983

    Re: Union threatens boycott of any business that doesn't show support

    Not all boycotts and issues are equal. These union members are boycotting businesses that don't outright support their cause. They are literally trying to oust their governor over one issue, and they are doing it because their precious unmerited pensions and benefits are at stake due to Wisconsin's budget crisis. They are trying to bully their way into victory.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  8. #38
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,610

    Re: Union threatens boycott of any business that doesn't show support

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I have never had any problem whatsoever with boycotts. They are an american tradition. I don't have to base my attitudes towards something based on who is doing it. There are no red herrings here. I asked a legitimate question. Are boycotts acceptable or not Rev, or does it depend on who is threatening them? It's funny how you are avoiding that.



    "Here in this case, these union thugs are saying "put this sign up or we will boycott you"... Really? You have no issue with this thug like activity?"


    Do you support these tactics?


    yes or no please
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #39
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,610

    Re: Union threatens boycott of any business that doesn't show support

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Not all boycotts and issues are equal. These union members are boycotting businesses that don't outright support their cause. They are literally trying to oust their governor over one issue, and they are doing it because their precious unmerited pensions and benefits are at stake due to Wisconsin's budget crisis. They are trying to bully their way into victory.

    Not only that they are thugging it up by telling businesses either support us or be boycotted..... **** them.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #40
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,322
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Union threatens boycott of any business that doesn't show support

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Not all boycotts and issues are equal. These union members are boycotting businesses that don't outright support their cause. They are literally trying to oust their governor over one issue, and they are doing it because their precious unmerited pensions and benefits are at stake due to Wisconsin's budget crisis. They are trying to bully their way into victory.
    So how is this different than say, Focus on the Family organizing a boycott of Proctor and Gamble, trying to force them not to hire gay people? That is what a boycott is, trying to force businesses to do what you want.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •