Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 64

Thread: President Obama Signs Order Authorizing Covert Operations in Libya

  1. #51
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 07:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,237

    Re: President Obama Signs Order Authorizing Covert Operations in Libya

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    I'm not interested in your partisan Hackery today American.
    Oh, so you admit that the Dems call for a DoW during the Bush years was pure partisan hackery, and hypocracy now. I agree.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #52
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: President Obama Signs Order Authorizing Covert Operations in Libya

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Mars View Post
    0bama was trying to protect the lives of the CIA guys on the ground IMO. I don't fault him for not telling us.
    Excuse me?

    This is kind of getting into to my definition of an CIA Operator. You need to be able to do it all because you just never know. Its a tool box thing The true Operator is like a Master Carpenter. If its got to do with killing BGs, he's got knowledge of it in his box - H2H, urban, rural, CQB, SUT. There's no such thing, IMO, as an "Urban Operator" or a "Rural Operator" - there is only Operator.

    Don't kid yourself, Ron. There are US troops on the ground in Libya. Obama is bull****ting the American public

  3. #53
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 07:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,237

    Re: President Obama Signs Order Authorizing Covert Operations in Libya

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    Excuse me?

    This is kind of getting into to my definition of an CIA Operator. You need to be able to do it all because you just never know. Its a tool box thing The true Operator is like a Master Carpenter. If its got to do with killing BGs, he's got knowledge of it in his box - H2H, urban, rural, CQB, SUT. There's no such thing, IMO, as an "Urban Operator" or a "Rural Operator" - there is only Operator.

    Don't kid yourself, Ron. There are US troops on the ground in Libya. Obama is bull****ting the American public
    When the American people thinking of boots on the ground, I doubt they count CIA and spec ops folks.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #54
    Educator
    Ron Mars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Central Virginia
    Last Seen
    02-01-14 @ 04:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,194

    Re: President Obama Signs Order Authorizing Covert Operations in Libya

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    Don't kid yourself, Ron. There are US troops on the ground in Libya. Obama is bull****ting the American public
    And if SF units are on the ground in Libya today that information should not be made public for their safety.

    After the operation is over, one way or the other, is the time to disclose exactly what happened and who was involved.

    Obama witheld this info to protect their lives and their mission. It's the right thing to do.

    It may also be possible that public disclosure was not made as a concession to the Arab states.
    The national security of the United States can never be left in the hands of liberals.

  5. #55
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: President Obama Signs Order Authorizing Covert Operations in Libya

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Mars View Post
    And if SF units are on the ground in Libya today that information should not be made public for their safety.

    After the operation is over, one way or the other, is the time to disclose exactly what happened and who was involved.

    Obama witheld this info to protect their lives and their mission. It's the right thing to do.

    It may also be possible that public disclosure was not made as a concession to the Arab states.
    Do you think a modern democracy is compatible with Islam and their way of thinking?? Or even a Western neutral democracy....

  6. #56
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,993

    Re: President Obama Signs Order Authorizing Covert Operations in Libya

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    Excuse me?

    This is kind of getting into to my definition of an CIA Operator. You need to be able to do it all because you just never know. Its a tool box thing The true Operator is like a Master Carpenter. If its got to do with killing BGs, he's got knowledge of it in his box - H2H, urban, rural, CQB, SUT. There's no such thing, IMO, as an "Urban Operator" or a "Rural Operator" - there is only Operator.

    Don't kid yourself, Ron. There are US troops on the ground in Libya. Obama is bull****ting the American public
    Oh, my. Look at all those mallets chipping away. Mallets operated by a sea of the blind.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  7. #57
    Educator
    Ron Mars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Central Virginia
    Last Seen
    02-01-14 @ 04:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,194

    Re: President Obama Signs Order Authorizing Covert Operations in Libya

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    Do you think a modern democracy is compatible with Islam and their way of thinking?? Or even a Western neutral democracy....
    Yes, I believe that a form of democratic government will work in ME countries.

    IMO that's what they are protesting and fighting for today. Self-determination.
    The national security of the United States can never be left in the hands of liberals.

  8. #58
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: President Obama Signs Order Authorizing Covert Operations in Libya

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Oh, so you admit that the Dems call for a DoW during the Bush years was pure partisan hackery, and hypocracy now. I agree.
    I certainly wouldn't. I realize many have trouble recognizing differences, but Bush invaded another country overthrowing the government and occupying the country and doing so not only without a declaration of war, but without even a UN mandate to do so. The differences are important. It is dishonest to act like different things are the same thing.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #59
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: President Obama Signs Order Authorizing Covert Operations in Libya

    just some of the incoherencies inherent in this madcap "mission:"

    1. days, not weeks---that's what obama promised on march 18, he LIED

    2. the goal as stated---to protect civilian lives in libya---is fundamentally IMPOSSIBLE without regime change

    3. the equation of united states national security interests with kumbaya concerns such as protecting the un's credibility, maintaining some hastily improvised coalition or hopes for some humanitarian outcome

    4. nato is gonna do all the work, NOT us

    5. the investment of our aspirations in a rabble of rebels who resemble, more than anything else, the paris mobs of 1789, 1848, 1870...

    6. meanwhile, our REAL national interests---the GULF and ISRAEL---go completely neglected

    obama and his coalition partners have NO CLUE what they've bought themselves, either an abject surrender or the longterm commitment of this country to NATION BUILDING in libya

    war is serious business, THIS white house is exactly the wrong collection of keystone klutzes to be waging it

    pray

  10. #60
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 07:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,237

    Re: President Obama Signs Order Authorizing Covert Operations in Libya

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I certainly wouldn't. I realize many have trouble recognizing differences, but Bush invaded another country overthrowing the government and occupying the country and doing so not only without a declaration of war, but without even a UN mandate to do so. The differences are important. It is dishonest to act like different things are the same thing.
    He had Congressional approval and two UN resolutions, prior to doing anything. What does Obama have? ZERO
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •