Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 173

Thread: kill team used body parts in poker games

  1. #31
    Educator TheBook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Olympia, WA
    Last Seen
    11-28-11 @ 01:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    880

    Re: kill team used body parts in poker games

    Quote Originally Posted by dontworrybehappy View Post
    Translation: we need to paint the entire us military in a bad light when two or three soldiers go whacky.

    Where were you in saying all the stories of good about our military NEED to be told? Sounds like an anti American military hater to me. And I don't respect those people.
    You and apdst need to reign it in real quick with the moronic partisanship and blind nationalism.

    If holding our military to a high standard somehow translates to blind hatred of all those in the military then you are truly delusional. As someone with numerous loved ones who are veterans or are currently serving right now, every time I see a report of some sociopath bringing shame and dishonor to us as a country (yes, our military often acts to represent us) I want the ones responsible prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

    Caring about the armed forces doesn't mean always defending any member of them, no matter what. It means making sure that people aren't allowed to turn armed service into something to be ashamed of.

    So stop trying to turn this despicable act into a soapbox to bash Liberals and show some respect for our armed forces.
    “The more you know, the harder it is to take decisive action. Once you become informed, you start seeing complexities and shades of gray. You realize that nothing is as clear and simple as it first appears. Ultimately, knowledge is paralyzing.” - Bill Watterson
    Who Is Chicago Ted?

  2. #32
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,821

    Re: kill team used body parts in poker games

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBook View Post
    You and apdst need to reign it in real quick with the moronic partisanship and blind nationalism.

    If holding our military to a high standard somehow translates to blind hatred of all those in the military then you are truly delusional. As someone with numerous loved ones who are veterans or are currently serving right now, every time I see a report of some sociopath bringing shame and dishonor to us as a country (yes, our military often acts to represent us) I want the ones responsible prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

    Caring about the armed forces doesn't mean always defending any member of them, no matter what. It means making sure that people aren't allowed to turn armed service into something to be ashamed of.

    So stop trying to turn this despicable act into a soapbox to bash Liberals and show some respect for our armed forces.
    If you read enough threads here you'll realize that they do this in every single one of them.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  3. #33
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,482

    Re: kill team used body parts in poker games

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBook View Post
    You and apdst need to reign it in real quick with the moronic partisanship and blind nationalism.

    If holding our military to a high standard somehow translates to blind hatred of all those in the military then you are truly delusional. As someone with numerous loved ones who are veterans or are currently serving right now, every time I see a report of some sociopath bringing shame and dishonor to us as a country (yes, our military often acts to represent us) I want the ones responsible prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

    Caring about the armed forces doesn't mean always defending any member of them, no matter what. It means making sure that people aren't allowed to turn armed service into something to be ashamed of.

    So stop trying to turn this despicable act into a soapbox to bash Liberals and show some respect for our armed forces.
    I've said, numerous times on this and other threads, that these troops should be tried and if found guilty, sentenced to death. That is the standard.

    It would take a completely uninformed, moronic, uneducated, over-sheltered, idiotic imbecile to think that any other crime existed, here.

  4. #34
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,482

    Re: kill team used body parts in poker games

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    If you read enough threads here you'll realize that they do this in every single one of them.
    A perfect illustration of what I describe in post #33.

  5. #35
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: kill team used body parts in poker games

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I've said, numerous times on this and other threads, that these troops should be tried and if found guilty, sentenced to death. That is the standard.

    It would take a completely uninformed, moronic, uneducated, over-sheltered, idiotic imbecile to think that any other crime existed, here.
    And what you just said had nothing to do with his point...
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  6. #36
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,482

    Re: kill team used body parts in poker games

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    And what you just said had nothing to do with his point...
    Nice evasion of the point.

    May I remind you of the thread's title? Thanks, in advance, as usual.

    " kill team used body parts in poker game".

  7. #37
    User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    05-02-11 @ 08:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    56

    Re: kill team used body parts in poker games

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    The Taliban could make a similar rationale for their atrocities.
    It is the 'will of Allah' is the standard rationale.

  8. #38
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: kill team used body parts in poker games

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Nice evasion of the point.

    May I remind you of the thread's title? Thanks, in advance, as usual.

    " kill team used body parts in poker game".
    Book's basic point was that saying that this story needs to be told =/= liberals hating the military. You failed to address that.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  9. #39
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,508

    Re: kill team used body parts in poker games

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    There's an excellent piece in The Rolling Stone that touches on this. Here's the excerpt:



    I strongly urge all to read this. It's long but worth the read.

    The Kill Team | Rolling Stone Politics
    I read the article, it did help me understand... it sounds like some bad apples were in the military and it was not entirely because a psychological breakdown. That's what it sounded like anyway... some good people were caught in the middle too.

  10. #40
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,482

    Re: kill team used body parts in poker games

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    Book's basic point was that saying that this story needs to be told =/= liberals hating the military. You failed to address that.
    If not, then why not stop at these dudes committing murder? How many times do you have to be told that taking pics and trophies is irrelevant? Seriously!

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •