Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 173

Thread: kill team used body parts in poker games

  1. #111
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,512

    Re: kill team used body parts in poker games

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    still irrelevent. it's like bitching about a guy violating the speed limit while fleeing the scene of a rape
    That's your opinion... My opinion is that it is relevant, and these aren't "war trophies" as these are not victims of war. They were murdered, and the fact that the kill team played poker with their fingers shows you how much disrespect they had for "hajis."

  2. #112
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,512

    Re: kill team used body parts in poker games

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    The original source is Rolling Stone magazine... not exactly a credible mainstream media outlet.

    Assuming there's any truth to any of this, we don't know how much or what is true and what is exaggeration or outright lie.

    As others have pointed out, the taking of "trophies" has been commonplace for a very long time and will probably never go away entirely. My uncle, who was in WW2, looted a number of Luftwaffen soldiers of small personal items as "trophies"... allegedly he killed some of them himself. I have some of these items in my possession; I personally consider them family heirlooms as they are mementos of a part of the family history. Not nearly as grisly as ears or fingers, but I had ancestors on both sides of the Indian wars who took scalps....
    Other news sources are reporting this, and again, these people were not victims of war... They were murdered.

  3. #113
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: kill team used body parts in poker games

    rolling stone was credible enough to END the career of general stanley mcchrystal

    luckily, the man obama as senator refused to defend against those who called him general betrayus came to the president's rescue

    meanwhile, most troubling about this kill team story:

    Even before the war crimes became public, the Pentagon went to extraordinary measures to suppress the photos, launching a massive effort to find every file and pull the pictures out of circulation before they could touch off a scandal on the scale of Abu Ghraib.
    The Kill Team Photos: | Rolling Stone Politics | Photos

  4. #114
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,761

    Re: kill team used body parts in poker games

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    What military personel? Got any names to attach to those sources? Or, are they, "anonymous"?
    Rolling Stone did not provide the pictures it used. The pictures at the link were taken by members of the kill team itself. These pictures were also censored by the Pentagon, but got out anyways.

    Kill team pictures are here (Not for those with a weak stomach - consider yourself warned).

    These soldiers disgraced their uniforms, and America too.

    Finally, your argument was "prove it". I just proved it. You could have also proven it for yourself, if partisan hackery was not your motive. The links are all over the internet, and easy to find.
    Last edited by danarhea; 03-29-11 at 08:55 PM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  5. #115
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: kill team used body parts in poker games

    the neocons are ecstatic, congrats

    Kristol: You've Come a Long Way
    Last edited by The Prof; 03-29-11 at 09:15 PM.

  6. #116
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: kill team used body parts in poker games

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    Those kids are just sick.

    It makes me wonder, if some of them joined the military just because they wanted to kill people... It's really hard to believe that they simply went crazy from being in a war zone, or that they didn't know this was wrong.

    What do you think?
    A lot of soldiers join because they want a license to kill.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  7. #117
    User Bullshytz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Last Seen
    05-18-11 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    56

    Re: kill team used body parts in poker games

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    Those kids are just sick.

    It makes me wonder, if some of them joined the military just because they wanted to kill people... It's really hard to believe that they simply went crazy from being in a war zone, or that they didn't know this was wrong.

    What do you think?
    If you're a psychopathic killer with the lust to kill, kill, kill.
    Wouldn't you want to join the military?

    I will DISAGREE with you not becuz I hate you but becus it's FUN.

    If I'm wrong, let me know why?
    I'm not afraid to admit my mistakes.


  8. #118
    Educator TheBook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Olympia, WA
    Last Seen
    11-28-11 @ 01:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    880

    Re: kill team used body parts in poker games

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    A lot of soldiers join because they want a license to kill.
    Some may, I've heard stories about those people, but speaking from personal experience those who do are in the vast minority. All the people I know personally in the military joined either because they had no other way to pay for college or because they simply wanted to serve their country.

    It is unfair and ignorant to lump all others serving with these few, demented individuals.
    “The more you know, the harder it is to take decisive action. Once you become informed, you start seeing complexities and shades of gray. You realize that nothing is as clear and simple as it first appears. Ultimately, knowledge is paralyzing.” - Bill Watterson
    Who Is Chicago Ted?

  9. #119
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: kill team used body parts in poker games

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBook View Post
    Some may, I've heard stories about those people, but speaking from personal experience those who do are in the vast minority. All the people I know personally in the military joined either because they had no other way to pay for college or because they simply wanted to serve their country.

    It is unfair and ignorant to lump all others serving with these few, demented individuals.
    Yeah - I have no notion of numbers. I've met some so I figured they're dispersed throughout.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  10. #120
    Educator TheBook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Olympia, WA
    Last Seen
    11-28-11 @ 01:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    880

    Re: kill team used body parts in poker games

    Quote Originally Posted by Bullshytz View Post
    If you're a psychopathic killer with the lust to kill, kill, kill.
    Wouldn't you want to join the military?
    Most of the time they wouldn't last long in the Military (or at the very least our military) as discipline is a big part of being successful (or even just functioning) in the Military, which psychopaths don't posses.
    “The more you know, the harder it is to take decisive action. Once you become informed, you start seeing complexities and shades of gray. You realize that nothing is as clear and simple as it first appears. Ultimately, knowledge is paralyzing.” - Bill Watterson
    Who Is Chicago Ted?

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •