Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 85

Thread: Canadian government falls, election set for May

  1. #61
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,459
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Canadian government falls, election set for May

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Do you inderstand how the quote system works?

    You really don't have to guess at what I am saying as the words are appearing directly on the web page in front of you.

    Why would you ask the question about Harper and his signature? You seem at at loss here. Perhaps that is why you are still a student. Perhaps a C- average, right? In your late 20's?
    Grant, in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM does the government have a say in my or any other Canadian's healthcare. It does not matter if the procedure I need is expensive or that I might have a pre-existing condition. You--being a Canadian--should know this. It's not like the federal or provincial government is going to meddle with anyone's treatment. Jeepers.

    Here is an explanation from Wiki, in basic form:

    Health care in Canada is delivered through a publicly-funded health care system, which is mostly free at the point of use and has most services provided by private entities.[1] It is guided by the provisions of the Canada Health Act.[2] The government assures the quality of care through federal standards. The government does not participate in day-to-day care or collect any information about an individual's health, which remains confidential between a person and his or her physician. Canada's provincially-based Medicare systems are cost-effective partly because of their administrative simplicity.[citation needed] In each province each doctor handles the insurance claim against the provincial insurer.
    Health care in Canada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by Middleground; 03-30-11 at 08:59 PM.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  2. #62
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,459
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Canadian government falls, election set for May

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    "Not feeling the love", as you claimed to be happening in your corner of Canada, has nada to do with a majority rule for the Harper. To put things in perspective you could have mentioned that Ignatieff and Layton are feeling even less love.

    And of course not once did I mention a majority or minority government. That's all your idea and a sidewinding shift from your earlier statement regarding "feeling the love".

    And all of this shifting about on your part is because you have no idea who runs health care in Canada. NDP, right?
    Grant where in Canada do you think the Conservatives get the most votes? HINT: it starts with an "A" and end with a "ta." In Ottawa, the Conservatives have the most ridings, but not the bigger ones (mostly the more conservative outskirts). So Harper is lukewarm, at best. Lucky for him, his opposition is equally as incompetent.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Canadian government falls, election set for May

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Grant where in Canada do you think the Conservatives get the most votes? HINT: it starts with an "A" and end with a "ta." In Ottawa, the Conservatives have the most ridings, but not the bigger ones (mostly the more conservative outskirts). So Harper is lukewarm, at best. Lucky for him, his opposition is equally as incompetent.
    I have no idea where you're going with this and really don't care anymore. I have not given any opinion on the upcoming elction and have not encouraged it.

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Canadian government falls, election set for May

    Middleground;1059381443]Grant, in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM does the government have a say in my or any other Canadian's healthcare.
    But this is not what you said earlier.

    You said "That is the big fallacy. The government does not run our healthcare".

    In fact the government does run health care in Canada though, granted, a government agent may not be looking directly over the doctor's shoulder in the office. BUT! They will decide through the government controlled bureaucracy how much time the doctor can spend with the patient for example. Costs are being hidden, unions have the control of staffing and the entire system is unsustainable. The Americans should avoid what has happened in Canada and instead try to encourage as much free enterprise as is possible, given the current state of affairs.
    It does not matter if the procedure I need is expensive or that I might have a pre-existing condition. You--being a Canadian--should know this. It's not like the federal or provincial government is going to meddle with anyone's treatment. Jeepers.
    Expense is a factor. That's why emergency rooms are being closed and there have been cases where an appointment has had to be made for an emergency. There have been cases where people have died racing from one emergency clinic to the next. You- being a Canadian- should know that.

    And yes, it is true about pre-existing conditions but it is also true about lengthy line-ups for treatment unless you are a government employee, a sports figure, or know somebody higher up in the medical chain.
    Last edited by Grant; 03-30-11 at 09:44 PM.

  5. #65
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:28 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,432

    Re: Canadian government falls, election set for May

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    But this is not what you said earlier.

    You said "That is the big fallacy. The government does not run our healthcare".

    In fact the government does run health care in Canada though, granted, a government agent may not be looking directly over the doctor's shoulder in the office. BUT! They will decide through the government controlled bureaucracy how much time the doctor can spend with the patient for example. Costs are being hidden, unions have the control of staffing and the entire system is unsustainable. The Americans should avoid what has happened in Canada and instead try to encourage as much free enterprise as is possible, given the current state of affairs.


    Expense is a factor. That's why emergency rooms are being closed and there have been cases where an appointment has had to be made for an emergency. There have been cases where people have died racing from one emergency clinic to the next. You- being a Canadian- should know that.

    And yes, it is true about pre-existing conditions but it is also true about lengthy line-ups for treatment unless you are a government employee, a sports figure, or know somebody higher up in the medical chain.
    Just to note

    In the US governmental spending on health care on a per capita basis is around $300 per person lower then it is in Canada. Meaning the federal, state and local governments in the spend nearly as much per person on health care as does the various governments in Canada. The drasitic difference in spending between the US and Canada when it comes to health care is the level of spending done by either individuals or through benifits provided by employers. Private spending on health care in the US is if I recall correctly about 3-4 times that of Canada. So while the current Can system is unsustainable, the US is in an even worse position when it comes to health care spending. It is bankrupting the government and individuals
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  6. #66
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,459
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Canadian government falls, election set for May

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    But this is not what you said earlier.

    You said "That is the big fallacy. The government does not run our healthcare".

    In fact the government does run health care in Canada though, granted, a government agent may not be looking directly over the doctor's shoulder in the office. BUT! They will decide through the government controlled bureaucracy how much time the doctor can spend with the patient for example. Costs are being hidden, unions have the control of staffing and the entire system is unsustainable. The Americans should avoid what has happened in Canada and instead try to encourage as much free enterprise as is possible, given the current state of affairs.


    Expense is a factor. That's why emergency rooms are being closed and there have been cases where an appointment has had to be made for an emergency. There have been cases where people have died racing from one emergency clinic to the next. You- being a Canadian- should know that.

    And yes, it is true about pre-existing conditions but it is also true about lengthy line-ups for treatment unless you are a government employee, a sports figure, or know somebody higher up in the medical chain.
    What a bunch of regurgitated babble. Especially this part:

    They will decide through the government controlled bureaucracy how much time the doctor can spend with the patient for example. Costs are being hidden, unions have the control of staffing and the entire system is unsustainable. The Americans should avoid what has happened in Canada and instead try to encourage as much free enterprise as is possible, given the current state of affairs.
    Please back this up by linking me to something.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Canadian government falls, election set for May

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    Just to note

    In the US governmental spending on health care on a per capita basis is around $300 per person lower then it is in Canada. Meaning the federal, state and local governments in the spend nearly as much per person on health care as does the various governments in Canada. The drasitic difference in spending between the US and Canada when it comes to health care is the level of spending done by either individuals or through benifits provided by employers. Private spending on health care in the US is if I recall correctly about 3-4 times that of Canada. So while the current Can system is unsustainable, the US is in an even worse position when it comes to health care spending. It is bankrupting the government and individuals
    I'll not claim that although Canada is bad, it's worse in the States. If it is bad in Canada, what's wrong, where's the problem and let's fix it! Maybe we can learn something from the States, perhaps from China or Germany, and maybe they can learn from us, but it doesn't do Canadians any good to say that it's even worse somewhere else.

  8. #68
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:28 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,432

    Re: Canadian government falls, election set for May

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    I'll not claim that although Canada is bad, it's worse in the States. If it is bad in Canada, what's wrong, where's the problem and let's fix it! Maybe we can learn something from the States, perhaps from China or Germany, and maybe they can learn from us, but it doesn't do Canadians any good to say that it's even worse somewhere else.
    I am all for changing the Can system to something that does work better

    As I understand things the Australian and French health care systems are among the best in the world. Both are more affordable then the US and I believe get better overall results then Canada
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  9. #69
    is totally not a robot.
    Juiposa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 10:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,591
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Canadian government falls, election set for May

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    I am all for changing the Can system to something that does work better

    As I understand things the Australian and French health care systems are among the best in the world. Both are more affordable then the US and I believe get better overall results then Canada

    And both are extremely socialised Thats what you and I need more of.
    "After all, you know, there are worse things in life than death. I mean, if you've ever spent an evening with an insurance salesman, you know exactly what I mean."
    -Woody Allen

  10. #70
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,460
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Canadian government falls, election set for May

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Translation.....

    Death panels = Insurance company letters of denial.
    Thank you!!
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •