Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 209

Thread: G.E.ís Strategies Let It Avoid Taxes Altogether

  1. #191
    Don't Mess With Texas
    mertex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    10-14-14 @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,382

    Re: G.E.ís Strategies Let It Avoid Taxes Altogether

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazed View Post
    Immelt is Bammy's lap dog...only a willingly blinded anything would say otherwise

    That's your opinion, you might be willingly blinded yourself!


    Obama is pretty smart - and Immelt is in the Republican's pocket - since Obama is most assuredly aware of it, I think he knows what he is doing.



    "I have been thinking that I would make a proposition to my Republican friends... that if they will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop telling the truth about them."
    --Adlai Stevenson, Politician





  2. #192
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: G.E.ís Strategies Let It Avoid Taxes Altogether

    obama appoints an expert TAX AVOIDER and OFFSHORE MOVER extraordinaire to the hi falutin profile of JOBS CZAR

    cuz he's PRETTY SMART

    LOL!

  3. #193
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: G.E.ís Strategies Let It Avoid Taxes Altogether

    Quote Originally Posted by mertex View Post
    That's your opinion, you might be willingly blinded yourself!


    Obama is pretty smart - and Immelt is in the Republican's pocket - since Obama is most assuredly aware of it, I think he knows what he is doing.

    The owner of MSNBC is in the republicans pocket? That is absurd as me saying that Roger Ailes is an Obama supporter.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #194
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,110

    Re: G.E.ís Strategies Let It Avoid Taxes Altogether

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    You would be hard pressed to get the profits made overseas taxed in the U.S. The offshore business is incorporated in that foreign land. So there is no basis to tax it in the U.S. If the government presses this issue, you may find that many multi-nationals will simply move their entire headquarters overseas, thus taking more jobs out of the U.S. economy.
    Let them. Taxes are not levied based on where companies have headquarters, they are based on income and expense applicable to a market. No one that is selling in the US is going to vacate the market because now they have to pay a little income tax where before they paid none. The issue is about multi-nationals avoiding tax. I am all for lowering the rates, but increasing the number of companies actually paying taxes. Right now the small and mid-sized companies are paying the corporate tax and the multinationals are paying very little, if at all.

  5. #195
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,110

    Re: G.E.ís Strategies Let It Avoid Taxes Altogether

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    The owner of MSNBC is in the republicans pocket? That is absurd as me saying that Roger Ailes is an Obama supporter.


    j-mac
    Immelt does not own MSNBC. He is the CEO of one of its principal owners. Moreover, MSNBC is a good business. GE likes good businesses.

  6. #196
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: G.E.ís Strategies Let It Avoid Taxes Altogether

    Quote Originally Posted by mertex View Post
    That's your opinion, you might be willingly blinded yourself!


    Obama is pretty smart - and Immelt is in the Republican's pocket - since Obama is most assuredly aware of it, I think he knows what he is doing.



    ....you voted for Change.....but got HusSame.....
    .
    .
    .

  7. #197
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,358

    Re: G.E.ís Strategies Let It Avoid Taxes Altogether

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    Let them. Taxes are not levied based on where companies have headquarters, they are based on income and expense applicable to a market. No one that is selling in the US is going to vacate the market because now they have to pay a little income tax where before they paid none. The issue is about multi-nationals avoiding tax. I am all for lowering the rates, but increasing the number of companies actually paying taxes. Right now the small and mid-sized companies are paying the corporate tax and the multinationals are paying very little, if at all.
    I understand how tax are levied. You should know that companies are frustrated that they can not repatriate dollars earned overseas because of corporate tax law.

    It is also interesting to here that you would want corporations to move their headquarters, which includes some of the highest taxpayers in the country so you could raise the taxes of companies that would no longer be based here.

    Ever hear the expression: Cutting off your nose to spite your face.

  8. #198
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: G.E.ís Strategies Let It Avoid Taxes Altogether

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    obama appoints an expert TAX AVOIDER and OFFSHORE MOVER extraordinaire to the hi falutin profile of JOBS CZAR

    cuz he's PRETTY SMART

    LOL!
    AND, because Immelt's in the Republicans's pocket.

  9. #199
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: G.E.ís Strategies Let It Avoid Taxes Altogether

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    Immelt does not own MSNBC. He is the CEO of one of its principal owners. Moreover, MSNBC is a good business. GE likes good businesses.
    How do you figger that? MSNBC has the worst ratings on cable TV.

  10. #200
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,110

    Re: G.E.ís Strategies Let It Avoid Taxes Altogether

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    I understand how tax are levied. You should know that companies are frustrated that they can not repatriate dollars earned overseas because of corporate tax law.

    It is also interesting to here that you would want corporations to move their headquarters, which includes some of the highest taxpayers in the country so you could raise the taxes of companies that would no longer be based here.

    Ever hear the expression: Cutting off your nose to spite your face.
    No I don't want them to move their HQ, I was only trying to make the point that we can't cowtow to large companies the way we often do, and the tax base is rooted in the business, not in the location of the HQ. Americans are not prone to relocate to foreign soil over a little tax. Moreover, given that America's cost of living and personal tax structure is much, much lower than most places that Americans would consider relocating to, it won't happen.

    I understand repatriation. My point is that we should lower the marginal corporate rates, better audit corporations cost and revenue allocations and move to a corporate min tax, which collectively should serve to incent companies to report more American earnings and pay more American taxes.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •