Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 209

Thread: G.E.ís Strategies Let It Avoid Taxes Altogether

  1. #141
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: G.E.ís Strategies Let It Avoid Taxes Altogether

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Really, because during that time we saw the greatest migration of middle class to wealthy in the history of this country. We saw as near full employment for the longest stretch of time ever in this country, and let me tell ya, if you couldn't improve your lot in life from the late 80s thru the 90s, and into the early 2000s you were either asleep, or barely above intellectually able to breathe. Thank Reagan for getting that started.
    Worked great personally for those at the top, but not so well for the the middle class or the National debt.


    Distribution of wealth

    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  2. #142
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: G.E.ís Strategies Let It Avoid Taxes Altogether

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    That was the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer
    such a shame

    you really need to set it to music

  3. #143
    Professor

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Dakota
    Last Seen
    09-02-17 @ 08:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,357

    Re: G.E.ís Strategies Let It Avoid Taxes Altogether

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Worked great personally for those at the top, but not so well for the the middle class or the National debt.


    Distribution of wealth

    The bottom twenty percent are not the middle class. That is the underclass. And once again your graphs do nothing to substantiate the opinion that the poor are gettting poorer. The graph shows that the distribution of income has scewed towards the top. You have failed to recognize that the size of the distribution has been growing. Also, what percentage of the national debt is composed of "implicit" debt held by the federal government? Who will eventually recieve the benefit of that?

  4. #144
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: G.E.ís Strategies Let It Avoid Taxes Altogether

    SONGS don't have to make sense

  5. #145
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: G.E.ís Strategies Let It Avoid Taxes Altogether

    Quote Originally Posted by drz-400 View Post
    The bottom twenty percent are not the middle class. That is the underclass. And once again your graphs do nothing to substantiate the opinion that the poor are gettting poorer. The graph shows that the distribution of income has scewed towards the top. You have failed to recognize that the size of the distribution has been growing. Also, what percentage of the national debt is composed of "implicit" debt held by the federal government? Who will eventually recieve the benefit of that?
    As the debt increases through tax cuts to the top class, the lowere classes must shoulder more of that debt burden and enjoy none of the benefits of a higher standard of living.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  6. #146
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: G.E.ís Strategies Let It Avoid Taxes Altogether


  7. #147
    Professor

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Dakota
    Last Seen
    09-02-17 @ 08:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,357

    Re: G.E.ís Strategies Let It Avoid Taxes Altogether

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    As the debt increases through tax cuts to the top class, the lowere classes must shoulder more of that debt burden and enjoy none of the benefits of a higher standard of living.
    The growth in debt is not soley attributable to lower tax rates on the top class. Lets look at the composition of the national debt. 32% of it is federal holdings, which is made up of pensions, social security funds, etc that will almost solely benefit the lower and middle class. Furthermore, look at the change in the distribution of the "top bracket" of income taxes. If you honestly think that making $250,000 annually makes you a part of the elite America, you are mistaken. These people are well off, but many of them are probably from "middle class" suburban neighborhoods. Also, you have yet to prove that the middle and lower classes have failed to achieve a higher standard of living over the previous decades.

  8. #148
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: G.E.ís Strategies Let It Avoid Taxes Altogether

    Quote Originally Posted by drz-400 View Post
    The growth in debt is not soley attributable to lower tax rates on the top class. Lets look at the composition of the national debt. 32% of it is federal holdings, which is made up of pensions, social security funds, etc that will almost solely benefit the lower and middle class.

    Cheaper than hiring cops and building prisons to keep hungry people from killing you for a loaf of bread. And we spend more on optional wars and military spending and the court systems to increase and protect the assets of the wealthy.

    Furthermore, look at the change in the distribution of the "top bracket" of income taxes. If you honestly think that making $250,000 annually makes you a part of the elite America, you are mistaken. These people are well off, but many of them are probably from "middle class" suburban neighborhoods.
    You want me to feel sorry for those making more than $250,000 when one in seven Americans are poor????

    Also, you have yet to prove that the middle and lower classes have failed to achieve a higher standard of living over the previous decades.
    I've provided two sources to your none
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  9. #149
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,319

    Re: G.E.ís Strategies Let It Avoid Taxes Altogether

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I have a good idea: how 'bout you point out the specific sections of your docs that tell about tax breaks for small businesses. Shouldn't be too hard, since you obviously already know where they are.





    Oh you mean those that spend so much of their income on survival that to tax them more would put them on the welfare roles? What will that serve?
    No, I mean people who make 30 or 40 grand a year that get 4 figure refunds every year. That way, everybody pays their fair share. Ain't that what it's all about?

    If you want to tax the poor more, you are going to have to pay them more. Its not possible to get blood from a turnip.
    Maybe they should get off their asses and go to work? A better idea would be for Obama to stop killing jobs with his hair brain policies.

  10. #150
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: G.E.ís Strategies Let It Avoid Taxes Altogether

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Cheaper than hiring cops and building prisons to keep hungry people from killing you for a loaf of bread.
    i'm hearing the blues

    And we spend more on optional wars and military spending
    Obama's Libya War Challenge - Yahoo! News

    Obama sends 30,000 more troops to Afghanistan - World - CBC News

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •