Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 90

Thread: Chavez says capitalism may have ended life on Mars

  1. #41
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Chavez says capitalism may have ended life on Mars

    since you are the defender of tyrants, care to explain what Chavez meant when he said this to his assembly?

    You won't be able to make a single law, little Yankees,
    If you try to deflect by answering with another question, our chat is over.

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  2. #42
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Chavez says capitalism may have ended life on Mars

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    Maybe that's because it is totalitarian? just a guess.
    Well saying he has limits on his power under the decree and it was democratically recognized through the national assembly its not.. .


  3. #43
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Chavez says capitalism may have ended life on Mars

    This represents a shift of certain powers from the legislative branch to the executive, to be sure, but on paper they don't seem to stray too far from the powers that the executive branch in the United States already has.
    Which US powers of the executive branch are you referring to? I'm having trouble recalling anything even remotely similar to the powers Chavez has.

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  4. #44
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Chavez says capitalism may have ended life on Mars

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    since you are the defender of tyrants, care to explain what Chavez meant when he said this to his assembly?



    If you try to deflect by answering with another question, our chat is over.
    Calling supporters of the US economic policy in his government yankees... I believe that is what he means sense Anti-Castro supporters have been trying to block government funding to the housing projects, and the nationalization of banks.


  5. #45
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Chavez says capitalism may have ended life on Mars

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    Maybe that's because it is totalitarian? just a guess.

    Can you respond to my whole post. Im interested in what you have to say or your point of view on it is.


  6. #46
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Chavez says capitalism may have ended life on Mars

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Well saying he has limits on his power under the decree and it was democratically recognized through the national assembly its not.. .
    So Hitler wasn’t a dictator either according to your logic. He was elected and eventually obtained power through similar means too.

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  7. #47
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Chavez says capitalism may have ended life on Mars

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Calling supporters of the US economic policy in his government yankees... I believe that is what he means sense Anti-Castro supporters have been trying to block government funding to the housing projects, and the nationalization of banks.
    By “supporters of the US economic policy” I assume you mean those who refused to support Chavez.

    Sounds like what a dictator would do/say to me.

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  8. #48
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Chavez says capitalism may have ended life on Mars

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    So Hitler wasn’t a dictator either according to your logic. He was elected and eventually obtained power through similar means too.
    Hitler was not democratically elected first off. He was appointed.. He was appointed Chancellor of Germany. Hitler rose to power through the Nazi Party and used intimidation and try to put him in a position of power. In 1933, under pressure from the Nazi Party and the ineptitude of his own subordinates to deal with Hitler, President Hindenberg appointed Hitler as Chancellor.


  9. #49
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Chavez says capitalism may have ended life on Mars

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Can you respond to my whole post. Im interested in what you have to say or your point of view on it is.
    Which part do you want an answer/response to?

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  10. #50
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Chavez says capitalism may have ended life on Mars

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    By “supporters of the US economic policy” I assume you mean those who refused to support Chavez.

    Sounds like what a dictator would do/say to me.

    Wouldndt a dictator just make himself the all time ruler? Cancel elections? Kick out oversights of the elections?


Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •