Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 198

Thread: New milestone: 1 in 6 Americans is Hispanic

  1. #181
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: New milestone: 1 in 6 Americans is Hispanic

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Estimates mean nothing.People low ball the estimate to make it seem not as bad as it is
    You're going to have to back up your claims with some evidence or else they don't mean jack ****. Also Redress gave a range.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  2. #182
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: New milestone: 1 in 6 Americans is Hispanic

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    You're going to have to back up your claims with some evidence or else they don't mean jack ****. Also Redress gave a range.
    How do you prove an estimate? No one knows how many illegals are here. Do you think they participate in a census? It could be 40 to 50 Million

    http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-nor...-united-states

    Using the Border Patrol’s own data and considering the relative ease with which drug smugglers and illegal aliens make multiple crossings into this country, the more realistic number is much closer to 60-70 million.
    Last edited by ptif219; 03-27-11 at 01:48 PM.

  3. #183
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: New milestone: 1 in 6 Americans is Hispanic

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    How do you prove an estimate? No one knows how many illegals are here. Do you think they participate in a census? It could be 40 to 50 Million
    An estimate is just that - an estimate. It could be lower, it could be higher than a particular number. That is why a RANGE was given. Now if you could provide some POSITIVE evidence that the number of illegals is actually much higher than the estimate, that would be nice. Otherwise your claims are just conjecture and nothing else. I'm not asking for absolute proof, I'm asking you to provide some evidence to back up your claim that the estimate Redress gave was too low. If you can't back up your claims with some evidence (read: EVIDENCE, not necessarily PROOF), then your claims are completely baseless and you have no real reason for believing what you believe.

    Edit: okay I see the edit to your post. At least you gave me some evidence. Thank you.
    Last edited by StillBallin75; 03-27-11 at 01:52 PM.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  4. #184
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: New milestone: 1 in 6 Americans is Hispanic

    Is it true that many hispanic immigrants hate America unlike immigrants who came here from Europe and Asia in the past?
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  5. #185
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: New milestone: 1 in 6 Americans is Hispanic

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    Is it true that many hispanic immigrants hate America unlike immigrants who came here from Europe and Asia in the past?
    No.

    1234567
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  6. #186
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: New milestone: 1 in 6 Americans is Hispanic

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    LoLZ

    The same liberal principles that helped us spank conservatives the 2 elections before 2010? The economy is the driving force in most elections, I am not worried about our principles.

    Illegal immigration is not something any of the liberals in this thread has come out in favor of that I have seen. Myself and other liberals in fact have condemned it. You cannot get more anti-illegal immigration than myself. Your straw man is painfully weak.

    Further, the OP has exactly jack and **** to do with illegal immigration. It is about hispanics in America, which by a huge margin are here legally. Do you want to address what people are actually saying, or are you going to keep attacking your own made up talking points, what you wish we were saying?
    Redress after Jimmy carter did the liberal thang and made a fool out of us across the globe the libs were done for 12 yrs and then a more moderate clinton got in for another 4 then a conservative clinton for the last 4...then 8 yrs of bush, now 4 of obama and the cycle of 12-16 yrs of republicans will begin...Obama will not be re elected UNLESS the republicans put up a far right candidate that scares the hell out of the middle class...but I doubt thats going to happen.
    I stand firmly behind illegal immigration is raping our country and you libs love it for the votes...and you dont care how much damage its doing

  7. #187
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: New milestone: 1 in 6 Americans is Hispanic

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Redress after Jimmy carter did the liberal thang and made a fool out of us across the globe the libs were done for 12 yrs and then a more moderate clinton got in for another 4 then a conservative clinton for the last 4...then 8 yrs of bush, now 4 of obama and the cycle of 12-16 yrs of republicans will begin...Obama will not be re elected UNLESS the republicans put up a far right candidate that scares the hell out of the middle class...but I doubt thats going to happen.
    I stand firmly behind illegal immigration is raping our country and you libs love it for the votes...and you dont care how much damage its doing
    Illegals can't vote. Or at least if they are, they are breaking the rules.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  8. #188
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: New milestone: 1 in 6 Americans is Hispanic

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    Illegals can't vote. Or at least if they are, they are breaking the rules.
    They care nothing about rules or they would not be here

  9. #189
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: New milestone: 1 in 6 Americans is Hispanic

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    They care nothing about rules or they would not be here
    That has no bearing on whether or not they are actually able to vote. For them to vote, SOMEONE ELSE would have to break the rules and look the other way so they can register.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  10. #190
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: New milestone: 1 in 6 Americans is Hispanic

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    That has no bearing on whether or not they are actually able to vote. For them to vote, SOMEONE ELSE would have to break the rules and look the other way so they can register.
    They have false ID card and SS cards. To work they do idenity theft. I worked at a company where 10 people had the same SS number until the Border patrol came in.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •