"He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
a week into this miserably muddled mission, where are we:
1. obama consults an international community while bypassing the us congress, representatives of the american people
2. he sees some lost "legitimacy" in the gadaffi regime which most sober americans never perceived the mass murderer possessing
3. our no fly zone routinely targets assetts on the GROUND
4. "days not weeks" morphs within a few hours into "this could go on awhile"
5. get gadaffi, get gadaffi not, get gadaffi, get gadaffi not
6. the DEPT OF JUSTICE chimes in on REGIME CHANGE---one wonders what is the position of the folks at INTERIOR
7. gates goes ROGUE, hillary complains she's been left OUTTA THE LOOP
8. WHAT IF GADAFFI SURVIVES IN POWER?
9. the russians accuse us of CRUSADING, ala COEUR DE LION
10. china demands an instant CEASE FIRE
11. the arab league is SUSPICIOUS
12. turkey says we've already gone TOO FAR
13. the germans are OUT
14. italy threatens to withhold its airbases, accuses france of lusting for libya's OIL
15. the french do NOT want nato to lead
16. the uk INSISTS that nato lead
17. the president wants no part of LEADERSHIP
18. emerging nations---india, brazil, south africa---openly OPPOSE
19. if maintaining GITMO is a RECRUITMENT TOOL...
20. what will this effort COST, how will it be PAID FOR
21. what are the lines of AUTHORITY and RESPONSIBILITY within the coalition
22. hillary announces her DEPARTURE, says she JUST CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE, the INDECISION, the AMATEURS in what coulda been HER white house
23. the only reason all this is going on is cuz THE LADIES ran roughshod over the admin's machismos
24. obama embodies HAMLET in the white house
25. his latin american trip, meanwhile, accomplishes SQUAT
26. congress is in REVOLT, members of the PARTY and BASE openly broach IMPEACHMENT
27. the publicly PISSED include---NADLER, LEE, CAPUANO, BARTLETT, LARSON (the caucus chair), MILLER, FRANK, SHERROD BROWN...
28. no DENNIS KUCINICH's, those
29. as of tuesday the white house says it has NOT YET DISCUSSED the operation with DAVID CAMERON
30. everyone's kvetching about MISSION CREEP
31. when the rebels were outside tripoli, hamlet DITHERED
32. elements of the opposition appear to have real ties to AL QAEDA
33. the rest of the MIDDLE EAST is on FIRE---the naive optimism that greeted egypt, unmindful of obvious regional REALITIES, succumbs
34. obama's NOBEL elicits universal LOL's
35. the united nations, his COVER, is a JOKE---the SUBJECT of the nfz is a member of its HUMAN RIGHTS WATCH
36. on wednesday france declares its intention of bombing BEYOND benghazi
37. the white house wages a WAR OF WORDS with the brits over the tyrant's ultimate fate
38. gates says it'll all RECEDE in a few days, gates says the effort will go on awhile, gates says there is no timeline, gates says we've never done a no fly on the fly like this, it takes some time to SORT OUT the trifles
39. the uk suggests we could be there THIRTY YEARS
40. obama's assertion that presidents do NOT possess the CONSTITUTIONAL authority to unilaterally attack is thrown in his face by libs, cons, establishmentarians, msm's...
41. biden said he'd make it his business to IMPEACH anyone who tried
42. rhodes says it's not a WAR, it's KINETIC
43. jake TAPPER likens obama's elliptical language to JABBERWOCKY
44. the worldwide press SAVAGES the administration at every turn, apparently hillary's not alone in being pushed over the edge
americans have never seen so much incompetence, even buffoonery
the merits of military action in libya aside, who can claim that this white house has approached this problem with even a pittance of professionalism
and the harshest homiletic---he STILL doesn't know what he's gotten himself into
Last edited by StillBallin75; 03-24-11 at 05:53 PM.
- Colonel Paul YinglingNobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.
Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.
All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
What most here don't realize is Eastern Libya has been a big supplier/foreign fighters in Iraq and Al-Qaeda and the Muslim Brotherhood are rebel participants!!
The Muslim Brotherhood presence is much larger than AQ and like Egypt, are probably the largest organized group.
Woops, can't be right all the time, but Obama is backing up the wrong crowd lmao