Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 64

Thread: Bomb explodes at Jerusalem bus stop; 25 wounded

  1. #41
    Global Moderator
    May the force be with you
    Serenity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,947

    Re: Bomb explodes at Jerusalem bus stop; 25 wounded

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    In the case of Arab Palestinians, I would say as long as they have the world eating out of the palm of their hands like they are.
    if the world is eating out of the palm of their hands like you say then why did they stand by and watch silently during operation cast lead while Palestinian children were being killed? the world knew this was happening, they saw it every day while it was going on.

    1,385 Palestinians were killed, 762 of whom did not take part in the hostilities. of these, 318 were minors under age 18. More than 5,300 Palestinians were wounded, of them over 350 seriously. three Israeli civilians and one member of the Israeli security forces were killed and dozens were wounded. nine soldiers were killed within the Gaza Strip, four by friendly fire. more than 100 soldiers were wounded, one critically and 20 moderately to seriously.
    Why do we fall?
    So we can learn to pick ourselves up.

  2. #42
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Bomb explodes at Jerusalem bus stop; 25 wounded

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    i can't remember a time like this........yemen, egypt, israel, (well, always israel), libya, iraq, syria, afghanistan, lebanon...........bahrain.
    Get your helmet on your going to be drafted..you maam will save the world

  3. #43
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Bomb explodes at Jerusalem bus stop; 25 wounded

    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    if the world is eating out of the palm of their hands like you say then why did they stand by and watch silently during operation cast lead while Palestinian children were being killed? the world knew this was happening, they saw it every day while it was going on.

    1,385 Palestinians were killed, 762 of whom did not take part in the hostilities. of these, 318 were minors under age 18. More than 5,300 Palestinians were wounded, of them over 350 seriously. three Israeli civilians and one member of the Israeli security forces were killed and dozens were wounded. nine soldiers were killed within the Gaza Strip, four by friendly fire. more than 100 soldiers were wounded, one critically and 20 moderately to seriously.
    Tit for tat ands body counts accomplish nothing along with finger pointing, both sides have their bones in closet and more so on the Palistenean side currently. As long as the Palisteans insist on pulling the bull by the tail it will get the horn, but we all know this isn't necessary. Palisteans are pawns in the larger scheme of things, you need some one to blame..blame Syria, Hamas, Hezbollah and Iran and a few others. I get this feeling things are ready to pop and a house cleaning coming.

  4. #44
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,217

    Re: Bomb explodes at Jerusalem bus stop; 25 wounded

    Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    Saying it's done by "militants" doesn't lessen the impact of the killings. People who try to categorise the killings as "innocent" vs "collateral damage" are the ones trying to rationalise away the killings. America drops bombs that has killed thousand of innocents - to you that's war and collateral damage, to the family of those people, what's the difference between getting killed in their village VS in a bus to work? Why wouldn't they think Americans are the terrorists? At the end of the day, labels like terrorists are meant to classify the "good guy" VS the "bad guy" to some people, once you see through it, they mean nothing.
    Then according to you people shouldn't throw the label murderer either at people who deliberately kill innocent people, and instead we should treat them the same as we do with people who accidently cause the deaths of other people. For example, a person who crashed into another person's car and killed him in a road accident will be called the same as a person who sneaks into a person's house and murders him with multiple knife stabs as he's sleeping.

    Admit it, there is no logic to your claims here that there is no difference between terrorism and an accidental cause of death during war. It's merely because of a radical political agenda that you choose to promote such illogical claims to begin with.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  5. #45
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Bomb explodes at Jerusalem bus stop; 25 wounded

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    i can't remember a time like this........yemen, egypt, israel, (well, always israel), libya, iraq, syria, afghanistan, lebanon...........bahrain.
    That's why I wonder if it is a cascading effect or conspiracy. Who would benefit from chaos all over the ME? al Qaeda, Islamic Brotherhood?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #46
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Bomb explodes at Jerusalem bus stop; 25 wounded

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    Right, I was just correcting J-mac who seemed to be a bit confused about the wording in the article.

    I was confused about nothing SB. See the semantic game of naming a particular city, rather than speak about the entirety of the attacks which have been unceasing for some Israeli children's entire lives, and which Israel recently has been retaliating for, to which the truth of the story should be that some palestinian who was in country set this bomb not killing military targets as the Israelis targeted, but rather set it for maximum innocent lives to be killed. However, what do we get from the MSM? Oh, its the first attack, as if the narrative is that the Israelis are just over there attacking a peaceful people indiscriminately. It is pure BS!


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #47
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,894
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Bomb explodes at Jerusalem bus stop; 25 wounded

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I was confused about nothing SB. See the semantic game of naming a particular city, rather than speak about the entirety of the attacks which have been unceasing for some Israeli children's entire lives, and which Israel recently has been retaliating for, to which the truth of the story should be that some palestinian who was in country set this bomb not killing military targets as the Israelis targeted, but rather set it for maximum innocent lives to be killed. However, what do we get from the MSM? Oh, its the first attack, as if the narrative is that the Israelis are just over there attacking a peaceful people indiscriminately. It is pure BS!


    j-mac
    The article clearly states it was the first attack on Jerusalem in a few years. The article is about the attack in Jerusalem, why would they write an article covering the entire history of terrorist attacks in Israel when they're covering just one event? Or do you think every article about terrorism in Israel should come with a comprehensive history?
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  8. #48
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Bomb explodes at Jerusalem bus stop; 25 wounded

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    The article clearly states it was the first attack on Jerusalem in a few years.
    the article is biased.

    why would they write an article covering the entire history of terrorist attacks in Israel when they're covering just one event?

    context, isn't that what you libs scream every time you get busted?

    Or do you think every article about terrorism in Israel should come with a comprehensive history?
    Comprehensive history? nah, but it would be helpful not to paint Israel as the chief instigator in a story where their own citizens got slaughtered needlessly.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #49
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,894
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Bomb explodes at Jerusalem bus stop; 25 wounded

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    the article is biased.
    Yes, it is, but not because it mentions this is the first attack in a few years, that's just an odd fact.

    context, isn't that what you libs scream every time you get busted?


    Comprehensive history? nah, but it would be helpful not to paint Israel as the chief instigator in a story where their own citizens got slaughtered needlessly.


    j-mac
    What in the phrase "in what appeared to be the first militant attack in the city in several years." paints Israel as the instogator?
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  10. #50
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Bomb explodes at Jerusalem bus stop; 25 wounded

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    Yes, it is, but not because it mentions this is the first attack in a few years, that's just an odd fact.
    Ok, what do you see it biases to be?

    roll your eyes all you want, fact is fact.

    What in the phrase "in what appeared to be the first militant attack in the city in several years." paints Israel as the instogator?
    That in itself is just the first sign....but you know that already and are employing a rather transparent tactic....It should be named the "Wha....? Nooooo...." tactic. A fallacy. now if you really want to talk about the despicable act that some Palestinian carried out on innocents then by all means, but at least find a fair article to start from.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •