Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: U.S.-led airstrikes to help al-Qaida?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    09-14-17 @ 08:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    879

    U.S.-led airstrikes to help al-Qaida?

    Who is behind Al Qaida?

    U.S.-led airstrikes to help al-Qaida?
    Terror group, Islamic parties form main opposition in Libya
    Posted: March 20, 2011

    By Aaron Klein
    2011 WorldNetDaily

    Arab League Secretary General Amr Moussa

    JERUSALEM Arab leaders fear U.S. and international airstrikes against Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi's forces will aid the main Islamist opposition in the country, some of which consist of al-Qaida.

    Read more: U.S.-led airstrikes to <i>help</i> al-Qaida? U.S.-led airstrikes to <i>help</i> al-Qaida?
    U.S.-led airstrikes to <i>help</i> al-Qaida?

  2. #2
    Advisor Iron Yank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    12-21-16 @ 09:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    317

    Re: U.S.-led airstrikes to help al-Qaida?

    Unfortunatly there might be some truth to this as I have also heard that the US military claims a large contingent of Jihadi insurgents in Iraq came from Eastern Libya.

    While I dont think the whole rebel movement is involved with the Brotherhood or Al-Qaida, there must certainly be a good number of them.

    So then the question is here, are we replacing one bad actor with even a worse one? Only time will tell..

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: U.S.-led airstrikes to help al-Qaida?

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Yank View Post
    Unfortunatly there might be some truth to this as I have also heard that the US military claims a large contingent of Jihadi insurgents in Iraq came from Eastern Libya.

    While I dont think the whole rebel movement is involved with the Brotherhood or Al-Qaida, there must certainly be a good number of them.

    So then the question is here, are we replacing one bad actor with even a worse one? Only time will tell..
    This question should have been raised seriously some time ago.

    To assume that rioting Muslims are only in search of freedom and democracy is a huge assumption to make, given that it has never happened before, and despite their ability to riot over any number of issues.

    Muslims are still killing each other in Iraq in an effort to defeat democracy and install an Islamic theocracy, similar to what went down in Iran.

    I don't care much for conspiracy theories but this seemed all too cute and quick to buy into this 'seeking democracy' notion. There had been no hint of that in the past.

  4. #4
    Count Smackula
    rathi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    10-31-15 @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,890

    Re: U.S.-led airstrikes to help al-Qaida?

    Do you think members of Al Qaeda would hug a downed American pilot?

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: U.S.-led airstrikes to help al-Qaida?

    Quote Originally Posted by rathi View Post
    Do you think members of Al Qaeda would hug a downed American pilot?
    they were going for his wallet... or a reach-around

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-12 @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: U.S.-led airstrikes to help al-Qaida?

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    they were going for his wallet... or a reach-around
    They were trying to grab his ass.

  7. #7
    Global Moderator
    May the force be with you
    Serenity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,893

    Re: U.S.-led airstrikes to help al-Qaida?

    Quote Originally Posted by rathi View Post
    Do you think members of Al Qaeda would hug a downed American pilot?
    highly unlikely.
    Why do we fall?
    So we can learn to pick ourselves up.

  8. #8
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: U.S.-led airstrikes to help al-Qaida?

    I would not allow these claims to dissuade me from the mission.

    If Al-Qaida, shows up at some point simply kill them. This might draw a few out if there is any truth to this story.

  9. #9
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,010

    Re: U.S.-led airstrikes to help al-Qaida?

    Know the awnser to these questions and I think you will know the key to it all. How many of the terrorists are mercs there? Where did the money to pay these mercs come from if they are there? Any other countries special ops in the area before any killing started? Is information control trying to merge civilian forces in Libya with merc forces called "Rebels" to overlap them and take credit for being Lybian-civilian defenders? If you can prove the correct awnsers to all of these questions to me I would believe your replies as the truth of the whole situation.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  10. #10
    Guru

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,469

    Re: U.S.-led airstrikes to help al-Qaida?

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    Know the awnser to these questions and I think you will know the key to it all. How many of the terrorists are mercs there? Where did the money to pay these mercs come from if they are there? Any other countries special ops in the area before any killing started? Is information control trying to merge civilian forces in Libya with merc forces called "Rebels" to overlap them and take credit for being Lybian-civilian defenders? If you can prove the correct awnsers to all of these questions to me I would believe your replies as the truth of the whole situation.
    Sorry, but this is one of those situations where anyone that knows isn't talking (or is lying) and anyone that is talking (and telling the truth) doesn't know.

    .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •