Page 64 of 66 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 LastLast
Results 631 to 640 of 657

Thread: White House denies regime change is part of Libya mission [edited]

  1. #631
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,292

    Re: White House denies regime change is part of Libya mission [edited]

    The original post says "White House denies regime change is part of Libya mission." Now if the White House is willing to make that outright lie, why would we take anything they say at face value. We want a more Corporate friendly relationship for the OILY slime that own our politicians, eh? Exxon/Mobil thanks you. Chevron thanks you. Total thanks you. BP thanks you. Now they'll be able to raise the price even more and explain it away creatively, don't you think?

  2. #632
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: White House denies regime change is part of Libya mission [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I don't give him much play. Ron does. I'm trying to get him to focus on the Iraqis, who were and are theones we're actually fighting. Ron has a lot of misperceptions concerning the war. He thinks defeating Iraqis defeats all of al Qaeda. This is inaccurate. He thinks Saddam was working with al Qaeda, and this is also inaccurate. Iraq was not an attack on our threat, but a place where we fought and killed people who would not have been otherwise been involved in figting us at all.

    And no, 4% is not a high number, especially considering most of those were new recruits with no previous connection to any terrorist group. This means the core group of al Qaeda invested very little in Iraq overall. It was never a place they had to "win." It was instead an unexpected opportunity for them to hurt us. The won the second we we went into Iraq. It has cost us far more than them, and for very little in return.
    In hindsight...It could have been and it should have been

    In short....**** happens

  3. #633
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: White House denies regime change is part of Libya mission [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    In hindsight...It could have been and it should have been

    In short....**** happens
    The fact is, there was foresight. Many knew and said so, exhibiting foresight. They just weren't listened to. It is not enough when a president recklessly and foolishly ignores proper intel in favor of doubted intel to say **** happens.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #634
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: White House denies regime change is part of Libya mission [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    The fact is, there was foresight. Many knew and said so, exhibiting foresight. They just weren't listened to. It is not enough when a president recklessly and foolishly ignores proper intel in favor of doubted intel to say **** happens.
    You seem like an intelligent individual but....

    You can armchair quarterback the President or Presidents all day long, dude and you can complain that the rabid dog fights between right and left wing media sources play upon weakness to rip us apart, but at the end of the day the ones who are responsible are....US...We the people

    You may squirm and say "I did not do it, most assuredly, WE ****ing did it... A "WE" that YOU are very much a part of. There is no escaping that no matter how many fingers you point or smoke screens you set ... from any side.

    WE elected Bush Jr, Clinton, Bush Sr, Reagan, Carte...and so on...

    WE elected them all. WE put them there together.

  5. #635
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,292

    Re: White House denies regime change is part of Libya mission [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    You seem like an intelligent individual but....

    You can armchair quarterback the President or Presidents all day long, dude and you can complain that the rabid dog fights between right and left wing media sources play upon weakness to rip us apart, but at the end of the day the ones who are responsible are....US...We the people

    You may squirm and say "I did not do it, most assuredly, WE ****ing did it... A "WE" that YOU are very much a part of. There is no escaping that no matter how many fingers you point or smoke screens you set ... from any side.

    WE elected Bush Jr, Clinton, Bush Sr, Reagan, Carte...and so on...

    WE elected them all. WE put them there together.
    And we should put them in jail together.

  6. #636
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: White House denies regime change is part of Libya mission [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    You seem like an intelligent individual but....

    You can armchair quarterback the President or Presidents all day long, dude and you can complain that the rabid dog fights between right and left wing media sources play upon weakness to rip us apart, but at the end of the day the ones who are responsible are....US...We the people

    You may squirm and say "I did not do it, most assuredly, WE ****ing did it... A "WE" that YOU are very much a part of. There is no escaping that no matter how many fingers you point or smoke screens you set ... from any side.

    WE elected Bush Jr, Clinton, Bush Sr, Reagan, Carte...and so on...

    WE elected them all. WE put them there together.
    Now I agree that we are to blame for who we elected. I'm with you on that. But that does not excuse the president from being reckless, foolish and lacking foresight. Other had foresight. He had access to them. He is not let off the hook.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #637
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: White House denies regime change is part of Libya mission [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Now I agree that we are to blame for who we elected. I'm with you on that. But that does not excuse the president from being reckless, foolish and lacking foresight. Other had foresight. He had access to them. He is not let off the hook.
    So, cry into the solace of shared spilled milk, Boo... if you will but rest assured, when the history books are written it will say the United States of America did this and there will be no salvation for those who are in the minority. WE elected Bush and others now they are doing the job they were hired to do

  8. #638
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,292

    Re: White House denies regime change is part of Libya mission [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    So, cry into the solace of shared spilled milk, Boo... if you will but rest assured, when the history books are written it will say the United States of America did this and there will be no salvation for those who are in the minority. WE elected Bush and others now they are doing the job they were hired to do
    I disagree. They are doing what some very big Corporations want. When Iraq is said and done, US and British oil companies will be profitting handsomely where before the war they were shut out. Libya presents the same scenario. These big Corporations get their sock puppets to bring OIL into their distribution network. Even if they only profit a nickel a gallon, how's that work out? They get us to pay for their wars and then they profit. That is the current state of Corporatism in the USA. Must make you feel proud, eh?

  9. #639
    Educator
    Ron Mars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Central Virginia
    Last Seen
    02-01-14 @ 04:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,194

    Re: White House denies regime change is part of Libya mission [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Not at all. But he wasn't a member of al qaeda. So you can't claim him as evidence of Saddam working with al Qeada. It's called being honest j.
    Being honest is not something you believe is important on a forum board.
    The national security of the United States can never be left in the hands of liberals.

  10. #640
    Educator
    Ron Mars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Central Virginia
    Last Seen
    02-01-14 @ 04:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,194

    Re: White House denies regime change is part of Libya mission [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Why don't you research to find out. The link I gave you outlines his history pretty well.

    And actually, wiki is a fine overview source. However, and search will link you to thousands of articles saying exactly the same thing.
    I've been reading about Iraq since before OIF.

    Check out wiki on the IPP report. No mention of Saddam's willingness to work with al Qaeda or his terrorist attacks.

    The fact you think wiki is a reliable source for things like this speaks for itself.

    I'm well aware thousands of articles written about Iraq are just as deliberately misinformed as you are.
    The national security of the United States can never be left in the hands of liberals.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •