Page 55 of 66 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 550 of 657

Thread: White House denies regime change is part of Libya mission [edited]

  1. #541
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: White House denies regime change is part of Libya mission [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Mars View Post
    You have no idea how many jihadis flooded into Iraq before and after OIF because you don't care to find out.
    Actually i do, and the overwhelming majority were people who were not attached to or involved with any terrorist group pior to iraq. this means they were new recurits. It seems you are the one lacking in knowledge.

    We sure as hell stopped the ones who went into Iraq to fight the coalition. Tens of thousands of them are dead.

    And I'm talking about Saddam's terrorists who flew out of Iraq on commercial aircraft.

    It's a simple point you continue to ignore.
    Actually, most were iraqis. Look at your numbers again.

    When did Saddam's terrorist fly out of Iraq and attack us. Be specific. You making up **** is not a point.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #542
    Educator
    Ron Mars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Central Virginia
    Last Seen
    02-01-14 @ 04:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,194

    Re: White House denies regime change is part of Libya mission [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Peace and freedom eh? Wasn't there a suicide bombing in Bagdad not so long ago? And if it's peace and freedom, we can pull out in full right? So a decade war which spent over a trillion dollars, cost us thousands of American lives, put our military in a position they shouldn't be in (police) was "right" because they now are living in peace and freedom according to you, huh? What was that thing you said earlier about making ignorant statements? Irony is funny.
    The Iraqi people are free and peaceful today because of OIF no matter how painful it is for some people to accept.

    And yes, the majority of people posting about Iraq on this website obviously know very little about what happened there.
    The national security of the United States can never be left in the hands of liberals.

  3. #543
    Guru
    bicycleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Old Virginny
    Last Seen
    11-10-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: White House denies regime change is part of Libya mission [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Actually i do, and the overwhelming majority were people who were not attached to or involved with any terrorist group pior to iraq. this means they were new recurits. It seems you are the one lacking in knowledge.



    Actually, most were iraqis. Look at your numbers again.

    When did Saddam's terrorist fly out of Iraq and attack us. Be specific. You making up **** is not a point.
    So you were there, fighting on the front lines? Which side was that?

  4. #544
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: White House denies regime change is part of Libya mission [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman View Post
    So you were there, fighting on the front lines? Which side was that?
    You're a silly fellow. Instead of going down silly lane, how about you dispute me. As much as I have posted it in the past, I'm sure you've seen all the reports that back what I said.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #545
    Guru
    bicycleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Old Virginny
    Last Seen
    11-10-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: White House denies regime change is part of Libya mission [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You're a silly fellow. Instead of going down silly lane, how about you dispute me. As much as I have posted it in the past, I'm sure you've seen all the reports that back what I said.
    I have seen this same argument some place else from another poster. Might you be that same poster?

  6. #546
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: White House denies regime change is part of Libya mission [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Mars View Post
    The Iraqi people are free and peaceful today because of OIF no matter how painful it is for some people to accept.

    And yes, the majority of people posting about Iraq on this website obviously know very little about what happened there.
    Really?

    Iraq Body Count (IBC) recorded 4,038 civilian deaths from violence in 2010 (compared to 4,686 in 2009).

    (snip)

    We noted in our 2009 analysis that our six-monthly data for that year ‘may indicate that the situation is no longer improving’. That somber observation is largely borne out by 2010’s data . . . .

    (snip)

    Taken as a whole and seen in the context of immediately preceding years, the 2010 data suggest a persistent low-level conflict in Iraq that will continue to kill civilians at a similar rate for years to come.

    Civilian deaths from violence in 2010 :: Iraq Body Count

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #547
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: White House denies regime change is part of Libya mission [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman View Post
    I have seen this same argument some place else from another poster. Might you be that same poster?
    You've certainly seen this from me before, with documentation. As it is documented, and you have seen it, I'm not sure how you can challenge it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #548
    Educator
    Ron Mars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Central Virginia
    Last Seen
    02-01-14 @ 04:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,194

    Re: White House denies regime change is part of Libya mission [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Actually i do, and the overwhelming majority were people who were not attached to or involved with any terrorist group pior to iraq. this means they were new recurits. It seems you are the one lacking in knowledge.
    The dummies who joined AQI are either dead or have rejected Al Qaeda in favor of a free and peaceful Iraq. Ever heard of the Sunni Awakening? Some recruiting bonana!

    AQI has been decimated and our military leaders have stated there are only around 100 al Qaeda left in Afghanistan.

    By fighting them we have decimated al Qaeda's ranks and we have captured documents suggesting they are having a lot difficulty recruiting replacements.

    If you ever care to find out about the shift in Iraq and why it happened you will need to read The Strongest Tribe by Bing West.


    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Actually, most were iraqis. Look at your numbers again.
    I know that. They are either dead or now on the side of the Iraqi Government and the coalition.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    When did Saddam's terrorist fly out of Iraq and attack us. Be specific. You making up **** is not a point.
    I never said that he did so stuff the BS Boo. Iraqi terrorists were sent out to kill innocent people. The IPP report confirms that.

    Saddam wanted to send terrorists to the US to kill President Bush and they could have easily flown out on a commercial aircraft or simply driven across the border to get out of Iraq.

    The US Navy positioned to "contain" Saddam as was suggested by MA, which is how this conversation started if you remember, would not have been able to do anything stop them.

    See how easy that was?
    The national security of the United States can never be left in the hands of liberals.

  9. #549
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,919
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: White House denies regime change is part of Libya mission [edited]

    If the Libyans want some humanitarian supplies, I would be fine with the US providing those especially if we don't impose any sort of a political test for people who wish to receive them. Whoever shows up hungry, we feed w/o regard to whom they support. I would support a condition that they cannot be active combatants though.

    All of this as a short term project, not as a long-term commitment. I think that the long term benefits of such a short term project would be worth the costs.

    I am very tepid [can you say that?] about using our aircraft and ships to engage in violent military actions--as opposed to helping with logistics for said humanitarian efforts.

    I am opposed to sending our troops into harms way as a fighting force.

    I honestly don't think that Iraq and Libya have very many meaningful parallels at all. I think that comparing them is, at best, misleading and serves only to cloud the issues surrounding both.
    Last edited by Simon W. Moon; 04-21-11 at 12:48 PM.
    I may be wrong.

  10. #550
    Educator
    Ron Mars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Central Virginia
    Last Seen
    02-01-14 @ 04:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,194

    Re: White House denies regime change is part of Libya mission [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Really?

    Iraq Body Count (IBC) recorded 4,038 civilian deaths from violence in 2010 (compared to 4,686 in 2009).

    (snip)

    We noted in our 2009 analysis that our six-monthly data for that year ‘may indicate that the situation is no longer improving’. That somber observation is largely borne out by 2010’s data . . . .

    (snip)

    Taken as a whole and seen in the context of immediately preceding years, the 2010 data suggest a persistent low-level conflict in Iraq that will continue to kill civilians at a similar rate for years to come.

    Civilian deaths from violence in 2010 :: Iraq Body Count
    I know all about IBC and who they are.

    I also know that AQI has been virtually wiped out.
    The national security of the United States can never be left in the hands of liberals.

Page 55 of 66 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •