Page 37 of 66 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 657

Thread: White House denies regime change is part of Libya mission [edited]

  1. #361
    Educator
    Ron Mars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Central Virginia
    Last Seen
    02-01-14 @ 04:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,194

    re: White House denies regime change is part of Libya mission [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    That's a very, very large leap from me pointing out that one of your statements didn't contradict one of Ikari's statements.
    No, it really isn't.

    They are directly related.

    You can sit by and wait for the attacks. Most of us would rather prevent them.
    The national security of the United States can never be left in the hands of liberals.

  2. #362
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,942
    Blog Entries
    5

    re: White House denies regime change is part of Libya mission [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Mars View Post
    No, it really isn't.
    They are directly related.
    Actually, it is a huge and erroneous leap.
    I may be wrong.

  3. #363
    Educator
    Ron Mars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Central Virginia
    Last Seen
    02-01-14 @ 04:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,194

    re: White House denies regime change is part of Libya mission [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    Actually, it is a huge and erroneous leap.
    So Saddam developing missiles that could reach our bases in Europe was an erroneous leap?

    Sure Moon, whatever you say.

    You can keep your head in the sand. You have lots of company.
    The national security of the United States can never be left in the hands of liberals.

  4. #364
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,686

    re: White House denies regime change is part of Libya mission [edited]

    So....apparently...

    After doing nothing for about 4 weeks, we launched attacks...gave a few speeches...and...

    Hows that Libya thing going on?

  5. #365
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,942
    Blog Entries
    5

    re: White House denies regime change is part of Libya mission [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Mars View Post
    So Saddam developing missiles that could reach our bases in Europe was an erroneous leap?
    Nope. That's not it at all.
    I pointed out that what you said did not contradict what Ikari said. From there, you made an erroneous leap to reach the conclusion that I wanted to wait for Hussien's missile to rain down. That's the erroneous leap.
    I may be wrong.

  6. #366
    Educator
    Ron Mars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Central Virginia
    Last Seen
    02-01-14 @ 04:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,194

    re: White House denies regime change is part of Libya mission [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    So....apparently...

    After doing nothing for about 4 weeks, we launched attacks...gave a few speeches...and...

    Hows that Libya thing going on?
    Not well. 0bama punted to NATO.
    The national security of the United States can never be left in the hands of liberals.

  7. #367
    Educator
    Ron Mars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Central Virginia
    Last Seen
    02-01-14 @ 04:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,194

    re: White House denies regime change is part of Libya mission [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    Nope. That's not it at all.
    I pointed out that what you said did not contradict what Ikari said. From there, you made an erroneous leap to reach the conclusion that I wanted to wait for Hussien's missile to rain down. That's the erroneous leap.
    Keep saying that while clicking your heels three times. Maybe it will come true.

    What is this thread about again?
    The national security of the United States can never be left in the hands of liberals.

  8. #368
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: White House denies regime change is part of Libya mission [edited]

    Libyia is nto a US effort. It is a world effort. The US shold not be in the business of regime change or invading countries. We have, however, agreed to provide support to UN missions.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #369
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,686

    re: White House denies regime change is part of Libya mission [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Mars View Post
    Not well. 0bama punted to NATO.
    And that whole...we must act because innocent people being killed goes against our very nature as Americans thing...wahappun there??? Man we gots us a lot of fixin' to do in the world.

  10. #370
    Educator
    Ron Mars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Central Virginia
    Last Seen
    02-01-14 @ 04:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,194

    re: White House denies regime change is part of Libya mission [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    And that whole...we must act because innocent people being killed goes against our very nature as Americans thing...wahappun there??? Man we gots us a lot of fixin' to do in the world.
    The mission of helping people fight for their freedom is a worthwhile one.

    I do not favor going into every ****hole in the world. Some here seem to be suggesting that it's everywhere or nowhere. I don't see it that way.

    There are nations, like Somalia, Ivory Coast, Darfur and others where intervention would not solve anything and frankly the people are not worth the effort.

    If you put Libya in the "not worth it" category I can understand that opinion but disagree.
    The national security of the United States can never be left in the hands of liberals.

Page 37 of 66 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •