Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 278

Thread: Bill Maher tells Rep. Ellison the Quran is a ‘hate-filled holy book’ that inspires

  1. #41
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: Bill Maher tells Rep. Ellison the Quran is a ‘hate-filled holy book’ that inspire

    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Any religion is stupid, end of thread!
    Here you go X. A live one.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #42
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Bill Maher tells Rep. Ellison the Quran is a ‘hate-filled holy book’ that inspire

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I've gone at them with this, before. There's a way to put a stop to them. Let's see if you find it.
    A baseball bat?

    J/k, I may have to cheat and search through your posts.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  3. #43
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Bill Maher tells Rep. Ellison the Quran is a ‘hate-filled holy book’ that inspire

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Here you go X. A live one.
    Naw, not really. He said religion is stupid. That would include atheism.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  4. #44
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bill Maher tells Rep. Ellison the Quran is a ‘hate-filled holy book’ that inspire

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Naw, not really. He said religion is stupid. That would include atheism.
    You are making the classic mistake of saying that a lack of religious belief is a religious belief. This is not the case.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #45
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Bill Maher tells Rep. Ellison the Quran is a ‘hate-filled holy book’ that inspire

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You are making the classic mistake of saying that a lack of religious belief is a religious belief. This is not the case.
    Not believing in God is just as much a choice as believing in Him, and it's done on some element of faith because there's no way you can know for sure He doesn't. Obviously, atheism is not a God centered religion, but it is a religion nonetheless. Why is that a troubling proposition?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  6. #46
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bill Maher tells Rep. Ellison the Quran is a ‘hate-filled holy book’ that inspire

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Not believing in God is just as much a choice as believing in Him, and it's done on some element of faith because there's no way you can know for sure He doesn't. Obviously, atheism is not a God centered religion, but it is a religion nonetheless. Why is that a troubling proposition?
    You are trying to twist what I said. Go back and read it. A lack of belief is not the same thing as a belief.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #47
    Guru
    Ben K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Last Seen
    12-11-17 @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,717

    Re: Bill Maher tells Rep. Ellison the Quran is a ‘hate-filled holy book’ that inspire

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I disagree. Atheism is a belief that there is no God. Religion is not a term exclusive to belief in God, although that is how it's usually applied. Religion can be just a set of beliefs rigidly adhered to, as Atheism often is. Atheism is as much as a religion that requires as much faith as anything else.
    Trouble is, you haven't really gone on to define religion yourself, so either side would be talking past eachother. Neither the belief or non-belief in a god makes one religious. It's a decision on one issue.

    Religion embodies a set of beliefs, a story on how the world got here and what its purpose is, usually with a bunch of rituals to go along with it. Atheists generally accept ignorance on these questions and don't practice common rituals or codes of morality. I don't consider deists religious for that reason also.

    You may be talking about them both being faith, but since my position is I don't have the evidence to proactively believe in god and am in no way presenting an alternative "answer", it's incorrect to call atheism as such faith. Unless the atheist says there's no chance at all of a god existing.

    No one can prove to you god doesn't exist. The proposition that there is a god is non-falsifiable, since it cannot be clearly defined. The goalposts for god are always moved in such debates, which is why I gave up on them a long time ago.

    I hope your beliefs bring you peace and happiness in your life.
    Last edited by Ben K.; 03-14-11 at 06:20 AM.

  8. #48
    Sage
    The Giant Noodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Last Seen
    11-03-14 @ 05:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,333

    Re: Bill Maher tells Rep. Ellison the Quran is a ‘hate-filled holy book’ that inspire

    Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post
    Scumbag alert, divide and conquer CIA cointelpro tactic ...Maher come on homey!

    Maher tells Rep. Ellison the Quran is a ‘hate-filled holy book’ that inspires terrorism


    "On Friday, Minnesota Democratic Rep. Keith Ellison appeared on “Real Time with Bill Maher.” Maher told Ellison, who is a Muslim, that the Quran was a “hate-filled holy book” that inspired terrorism."


    Maher tells Rep. Ellison the Quran is a
    I never read the book but its obvious that many so called muslims feel the need to kill, murder, hurt, rape, opress because of that book. Cant these muslims convert to Budhism? Its a much kinder religion.
    CORPORATE GREED AND UNION GREED
    DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS
    DESTROYING THE BEST OF AMERICA ONE DAY AT A TIME

    This is the worst kind of discrimination. The kind against ME! ~ Bender

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    03-31-11 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,331

    Re: Bill Maher tells Rep. Ellison the Quran is a ‘hate-filled holy book’ that inspire

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    Kind of like Jews own the world and Jews own the moon threads?
    Nope. Kind of like if you did some research on the topic. You would see that the majority of times the director, writer, producers, actors, on tv shows, and movies. Are almost all Jews. Then look at the history of who are board members of major media corporations. And they have almost always been Jews. Add to that the many board members who are Jews and other employees. Its just a large percentage of people who work for the media are all Jewish or have some Jewish ancestry.

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    03-31-11 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,331

    Re: Bill Maher tells Rep. Ellison the Quran is a ‘hate-filled holy book’ that inspire

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    Ouch...what?? How come. What exactly is it they "wannabe"?
    Why on Earth would any one want to have an affiliation with any religous group? Unless it would lead to advancement in society. These "wannabes" are secretly hoping that eventually they will get to produce a movie.

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •