Page 94 of 94 FirstFirst ... 4484929394
Results 931 to 939 of 939

Thread: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

  1. #931
    Maquis Admiral
    maquiscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,955

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    No matter what any niceynices people try to portray homosexuality with its ABNORMAL BEHAVIOR period. If it were normal two men and two women having sex would be able to pro create..
    Abnormal for what goal? Procreation? Hell that's past abnormal, that's bloodly well into impossibility. Pleasure? If you achieve pleasure AND it's with another consentint adult(s) then how can you say whether it's normal or not. Maybe not normal for YOU. My wife and I and our girlfriend are into BDSM. We derive pleasure from being bound and from certain levels of pain. This is quite normal for us and for a large number of people, not just in the US but worldwide.

    In addition abnormal is not automatically bad. It is simply that which is not normal or common. Having electricity in the house was at one time abnormal. Does that mean it was bad? No. Did some people think it was bad? Yes.

  2. #932
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
    What?
    2. MIDDLE-TIER SCRUTINY
    1. Gender
    2. Illegitimacy

    One sex can do something the other can't. Of course it is gender discrimination.


    SSM isn't only about homosexuals. They are the only ones who would want to (I assume), but that doesn't change the fact that no one has the right (except in a few states) to marry a person of the same gender.
    Males can marry females. Females can't. How is that not gender discrimination?
    Both sexes can get married, it's not gender discrimination. You're grasping at straws to give your argument legitimacy. Homosexuals are covered under "third tier" protections.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  3. #933
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBook View Post
    The oppression of a minority by a majority does not make the minority inherently wrong and the majority inherently right.
    Or vice versa.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  4. #934
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,964

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    So, you agree that homosexuals do not fall under the "middle tier"? Zyphlin, you should thank him for doing your work.
    Where did I ever suggest "homosexuals" fall under the middle teir? Show me one time I mentioned "homosexuals" being protected under the EPC.

    I've argued that gender/sexual discrimination falls under the middle teir. I talk about Same Sex Marriage, not "Homosexual marriage". My arguments got jack crap to do with homosexuality or heterosexuality.

  5. #935
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,964

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Both sexes can get married, it's not gender discrimination.
    Men can marry women. Women can't marry women however. That means under the law a man can do something a woman isn't legally allowed to do.

    Women can marry a man. A man can't marry a man. That means under teh law a woman can do something a man isn't legally allowed to do.

    This is an issue of discrimination. Let me change it for you.

    Athiests can marry Religious people. Religious people can't marry religious people.
    Religious people can marry Athiests. Athiests can't marry athiests.

    I guess that'd be perfectly legal and constitutional in your mind and unquestionably wouldn't be subject to the EPC because hey...religious and non-religious people can both be married, who cares if the law restricts who they can marry based on their religious views.

    Or how about this.

    White people can marry non-whites, and non-whites can marry whites, but whites can't marry whites and non-whites can't marry non-whites.

    I guess that'd be perfectly okay too. I mean, every race can still get married so who cares that it restricts who they can get married to.

    You're grasping at straws to give your argument legitimacy. Homosexuals are covered under "third tier" protections.
    Please demonstrate how stating its a gender discrimination is grasping at straws. Saying "they can both get married" doesn't disprove the fact that men can't do what women can do and vise versa.

  6. #936
    Sleeper Agent
    iamitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NY, NY
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 01:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    1,836

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Both sexes can get married, it's not gender discrimination. You're grasping at straws to give your argument legitimacy. Homosexuals are covered under "third tier" protections.
    As I said before "SSM isn't only about homosexuals.... One sex can do something the other can't."
    That IS gender discrimination.
    Give a man a fish, or he will destroy the only existing vial of antidote.

  7. #937
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    The existence of chimeric hermaphrodites is why not allowing same sex marriage is discrimination. There exist people who are both genetically male and genetically female. If we allow them to marry, they would technically be allowed to legally marry BOTH genders (which discriminates against person's of a single gender who cannot marry both genders). If we don't allow them to marry, we discriminate against them based on their gender.

  8. #938
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Men can marry women. Women can't marry women however. That means under the law a man can do something a woman isn't legally allowed to do.

    Women can marry a man. A man can't marry a man. That means under teh law a woman can do something a man isn't legally allowed to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
    As I said before "SSM isn't only about homosexuals.... One sex can do something the other can't."
    That IS gender discrimination.
    It isn't discrimination. It's categorizing. Both sexes have equal opportunity to marry.
    Last edited by mac; 03-23-11 at 04:42 PM.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  9. #939
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,964

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    It isn't discrimination. It's categorizing. Both sexes have equal opportunity to marry.
    No, they don't. Both sexes can do something the other sex can't do under the law.

    Lovely how you skipped over my other examples and refused to answer any of them. Are those "categorizing" as well? Could you explain why those are "different" if that's what you think?

Page 94 of 94 FirstFirst ... 4484929394

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •