Page 90 of 94 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 ... LastLast
Results 891 to 900 of 939

Thread: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

  1. #891
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    O.o how old are you?
    None of your business.

    My point stands. Remember the "will of the people" argument your side always uses to argue that the majority should decide on the definition of marriage? Well guess what, 2011 is the year that the national balance finally tipped and now more people support marriage equality than oppose it. By 2031 I'll be surprised if there is a single state left with a Cosntitutional amendment against same sex marriage. And it will al be because of the "will of the people" so you guys won't get to bitch about it.

  2. #892
    Sleeper Agent
    iamitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NY, NY
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 01:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    1,836

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    For the same reason I never had a right to marry a 1st cousin, a minor child, the mentally deficient, someone who was already married, etc.
    You're equating SSM to these?
    Give a man a fish, or he will destroy the only existing vial of antidote.

  3. #893
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
    You're equating SSM to these?
    The worst part is that you are allowed to marry your 1st cousin in some states and Jerry seems ignorant of that fact.

  4. #894
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    None of your business.
    Hey, you brought up our ages. I'm 33, which is at the tail end of the X generation, so if you're calling me an old fart, that means you're part of genorationZ which begins with birth dates as of 1990, which means you're no older than 21 or your little rant is grossly inaccurate.

    Tell me, how many 21 year olds are in SCOTUS, as it will be SCOTUS who decides SSM. How many 21 year olds are even in your local state legislature? How many 21 year olds are even out of collage, to make such a dramatic difference on the issue?

    Oh, and way to discount all those 'old farts' who support SSM.

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    My point stands. Remember the "will of the people" argument your side always uses to argue that the majority should decide on the definition of marriage?
    Can't say I've ever made that argument, no.

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Well guess what, 2011 is the year that the national balance finally tipped and now more people support marriage equality than oppose it. By 2031 I'll be surprised if there is a single state left with a Cosntitutional amendment against same sex marriage. And it will al be because of the "will of the people" so you guys won't get to bitch about it.
    Maybe the people who make that argument won't get to bitch about it, but I sure as hell will. You people keep making the same mistakes over and over.
    Last edited by Jerry; 03-22-11 at 01:51 AM.

  5. #895
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
    You're equating SSM to these?
    They're all on the list, so yeah.

  6. #896
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    The worst part is that you are allowed to marry your 1st cousin in some states and Jerry seems ignorant of that fact.
    He was asking about ME, not anyone per-se, and no, no one could marry a 1st cousin in CA at the time before I got married. You seem to be ignorant of that fact.

  7. #897
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:25 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Me personally? No.

    Though separated for 3 years, I'm still legally married, which means I can't marry anyone at all. I am now one of the black-listed groups, just like same-sex couples.

    At least gays can show public affection, go on dates, live together and all that good stuff. If I tried that right now I'd face court martial.

    Gays have more rights today then I do, and they want to bitch? ****'em. They should just shut the **** up. They don't know how good they have it.
    Jerry, there is a large, unsubtle difference between responsibility for actions and not having a right. Further, you do have more rights since you have the option to get a divorce and get married again. You where not denied a right for who you are, and had, and still have, more rights than gay people.

    Rights is not my primary argument for gay marriage, but it is a part of the whole, and your argument on the rights issue was so wrong as to be laughable.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #898
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Jerry, there is a large, unsubtle difference between responsibility for actions and not having a right.
    Mhmm, do you have a point or do you simply favor making statements which have no bearing on the discussion at hand?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Further, you do have more rights since you have the option to get a divorce and get married again.
    Every right that I have, gays also have.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You where not denied a right for who you are, and had, and still have, more rights than gay people.
    In fact I have less, as explained.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Rights is not my primary argument for gay marriage, but it is a part of the whole, and your argument on the rights issue was so wrong as to be laughable.
    Aww look the liberal has an opinion. How cute. Maybe someday you'll actually pose an argument instead of clutter a thread with random half-statements you bought for a quarter from the generic insult machine in the DP lobby.

    Like I give a **** what your argument is. How arrogant of you to assume what you say has any value. You're liberal, that means you are always wrong, regardless. Even the seemingly good things you support are for nefarious purposes. As a liberal, you have a backwards view of the Constitution, and favor anti-social behavior. You are to be opposed in every instance, because every word a liberal offers is a lie.
    Last edited by Jerry; 03-22-11 at 02:59 AM.

  9. #899
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,725

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Moderator's Warning:
    Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.Jerry has been thread banned.

    SIMPLE SUMMARY OF TEMPORARY RULE CHANGES:

    * Thread Bans will be issued with a 0 point “Thread Ban Infraction” warning the poster that they are now thread banned and they should not post any further in the thread.
    * Staying banned from a thread is not hard coded
    * Any additional posts in a thread after a thread banning will result in a 5 point DBAJ infraction. All subsequent posts after will continue to have a similar infraction levied
    * Thread Bans will always be announced in thread to help with enforcement and notification
    * All are temporary measures until a hard coded “Thread Ban” system is able to be added to the forum.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #900
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    @Jerry,

    Most people in Gens X, Y, and Z support marriage equality.

    As Baby Boomers and Greatest Gen die off, the issue will become a non issue. As politicians run for office, they will seek the younger generation's vote. They will appoint judges that are pro marriage equality. The end result is that your defeat on this issue is inevitable.

    And yes, a 33 year old is an old fart compared to me.

Page 90 of 94 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •