Page 74 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
Results 731 to 740 of 939

Thread: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

  1. #731
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    That is an argument against anal sex, not an argument against homosexuality.
    Taken out of context of the conversation I'm having with CC, sure you are right. In context of the converstation, it is being used to illustrate behaviors that would push someone towards heterosexuality if indeed heterosexuality is a learned behavior.

    So a few questions...is homosexuality fine for those men who do not engage in anal sex? Is lesbian sex fine in that most lesbians do not engage in anal sex? Is heterosexual sex bad if men and women engage in anal sex? Do you see the problem of trying to associate a sexual behavior with a sexual orientation?
    It's not the deciding factor, like I said, it is but one piece of an overall thought process.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  2. #732
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    You are aware that this is true of the vagina as well, right?
    Are you really going to equate the conditions inside the average anus to the conditions inside the average vagina? Are you going to ignore the normal lubrication and skin compositions of the vagina that facilitates intercourse while ruling out the relative fragility of the skin of the anus and lack of lubrication?

    The presence of feces alone is enough to refute your statement.
    Last edited by mac; 03-17-11 at 03:22 PM.

  3. #733
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Are you really going to equate the conditions inside the average anus to the conditions inside the average vagina? Are you going to ignore the normal lubrication and skin compositions of the vagina that facilitates intercourse while ruling out the relative fragility of the skin of the anus and lack of lubrication?
    I'm going to state the fact that both areas have high levels of bacteria and both areas have the potential for sexual pleasure.

  4. #734
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    I'm going to state the fact that both areas have high levels of bacteria and both areas have the potential for sexual pleasure.
    You would be wrong to equate the two for many reasons.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  5. #735
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    You would be wrong to equate the two for many reasons.
    Are you claiming that the facts I have just stated are not true?

  6. #736
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    It's not the deciding factor, like I said, it is but one piece of an overall thought process.
    Are you familiar with the concept of confirmation bias? Because that is what your "thought process" seems like to me.

    Confirmation bias is a tendency for people to favor information that confirms their preconceptions or hypotheses regardless of whether the information is true. As a result, people gather evidence and recall information from memory selectively, and interpret it in a biased way. The biases appear in particular for emotionally significant issues and for established beliefs.
    Confirmation bias - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  7. #737
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Are you claiming that the facts I have just stated are not true?
    I'm "claiming" the conditions in the average vagina are nothing like the conditions in the average anus/sphincter/rectum area.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  8. #738
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Are you familiar with the concept of confirmation bias? Because that is what your "thought process" seems like to me.

    Confirmation bias - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I'm familiar. The point of this particular conversation with CC is why I think heterosexuality may or may not be learned behavior. (This is the second time I'm pointing that out to you) The snippets of that conversation you are taking out of context either don't make a lot of sense on their own, or could appear as a confirmation bias.

    I spoke with Your Star about confirmation bias just yesterday, or the day before, by the way.
    Last edited by mac; 03-17-11 at 04:23 PM.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  9. #739
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    I'm "claiming" the conditions in the average vagina are nothing like the conditions in the average anus/sphincter/rectum area.
    Are you saying that vaginas do not have high levels of bacteria?

  10. #740
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Are you saying that vaginas do not have high levels of bacteria?
    Nothing close to the average Anus/sphincter/rectum. I imagine you are now going to find a description of a particularly nasty vagina to illustrate your point.
    Last edited by mac; 03-17-11 at 04:29 PM.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

Page 74 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •