Page 52 of 94 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 939

Thread: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

  1. #511
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Why do they take time? Stop bitchin and giterdun.
    Because our appeals system takes time.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  2. #512
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    If it's unconstitutional, why has it not been challenged and overturned anywhere by now?
    Why weren't slavery, women's rights, civil rights, rights for the handicapped, Title IX and many other laws implemented until we were well into being a nation?

    Nonetheless, time is not a defense against whether or not something is constitutional. The only reason you're attacking time is because you can't argue with constitutionality since it's already been proven.

    Gay marriage is unconstitutional because of the 14th amendment and lack of any reference to the definition of marriage, which can only be defined in our laws as long as it is constitutional and agrees with the 14th amendment.

    It doesn't matter how long it takes us to realize this just like it didn't matter how long it took us to realize that excluding blacks from voting was unconstitutional.
    It doesn't matter how long it takes us to realize or act on that something that is unconstitutional; if it's unconstitutional, it's unconstitutional.
    Last edited by ThePlayDrive; 03-14-11 at 09:23 PM.

  3. #513
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Right, and that's specifically protected in the Constitution.
    But you would take it out, since it's a choice right?
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  4. #514
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Why do they take time? Stop bitchin and giterdun.
    Admit that you're wrong mac. It's unconstitutional 100%. Stop attacking choice and time. Stop distracting everyone. Admit it.

  5. #515
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Nonetheless, time is not a defense against whether or not something is constitutional. The only reason you're attacking time is because you can't argue with constitutionality since it's already been proven.
    The only thing that has been proven is that you think equal protection applies to SSM, I don't think it does and obviously enough other don't either....which is why so many laws exist banning SSM.

    It doesn't matter how long it takes us to realize this just like it didn't matter how long it took us to realize that excluding blacks from voting was unconstitutional.
    Actually it wasn't unconstitutional until an amendment made it so.

    It doesn't matter how long it takes us to realize or act on that something that is unconstitutional; if it's unconstitutional, it's unconstitutional.
    Right, and it having taken a while to realize it doesn't necessarily mean you're right.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  6. #516
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Admit that you're wrong mac. It's unconstitutional 100%. Stop attacking choice and time. Stop distracting everyone. Admit it.
    I don't think it's unconstitutional....I'll admit that.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  7. #517
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    But you would take it out, since it's a choice right?
    No, I think things we have no control over (race, sex, ethnicity) are protected as rights, things we do have choices over need specific protections. Things such as Religion, Sexual preference...etc.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  8. #518
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Stop distracting everyone.
    From what? Saving homosexuals?
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  9. #519
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    The only thing that has been proven is that you think equal protection applies to SSM, I don't think it does and obviously enough other don't either....which is why so many laws exist banning SSM.
    The 14th amendment = equal protection. The Constitution has no opinion on marriage. A law that excludes people in its definition is unconstitutional.

    Explain how this is not a fact and simply a matter of 'what I think'.

    Actually it wasn't unconstitutional until an amendment made it so.
    You know what I meant. Although Title IX and many laws against discriminating against the handicapped were passed after the 14th amendment, so you're wrong again (well not wrong, but my point is proven).

    Right, and it having taken a while to realize it doesn't necessarily mean you're right.
    I never said that taking long makes something unconstitutional; I said that things can be unconstitutional regardless of how long it takes.
    Last edited by ThePlayDrive; 03-14-11 at 09:39 PM.

  10. #520
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    From what? Saving homosexuals?
    No, from the fact that you won't directly address our arguments.

Page 52 of 94 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •