Page 44 of 94 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 939

Thread: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

  1. #431
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Just because people are religious doesn't mean that their view on politics have to be influenced by said religion, and having a law because of a religion is unconstitutional.
    A law doesn't have to be plagiarized from a religious text to be based on religion, or to be influenced by religion. The Constitution does not ban religion from law, it bans laws favoring or censoring religion.

    What do you mean here?
    I means my argument isn't any more "That's the way I want it" Than yours is "because I said so." ----Is this confusing language?

    So I'm right.
    Absolutely. It is abundantly clear that the current situation "Isn't good enough" for you. I can't imagine how any argument would change that, so why bother?
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  2. #432
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    The things that our Constitution seeks to protect without ever mentioning God once.
    Regardless, the idea that each and every one of is deserves either...is a moral.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  3. #433
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    This coming from the guy who just told me:

    because I disagreed with him.

    Hypocrisy.
    I didn't imply that you don't understand and certainly didn't imply that you are incapable of understanding. Nor have I made any attempt to insult you or demean the things you say despite disagreeing with a fair amount of it.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  4. #434
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Not anyone who disagrees with me, I'm saying you don't understand. SSM does not violate anyone's freedom, but denying SSM violates my freedom. You fail to see that.
    I don't fail to see that. Show me where I have implied otherwise.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  5. #435
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    A law doesn't have to be plagiarized from a religious text to be based on religion, or to be influenced by religion. The Constitution does not ban religion from law, it bans laws favoring or censoring religion.
    It does ban religion from law, it is very clear in that.

    I means my argument isn't any more "That's the way I want it" Than yours is "because I said so." ----Is this confusing language?
    My argument isn't based on, well that's the way I want it. It's based on equality under law.

    Absolutely. It is abundantly clear that the current situation "Isn't good enough" for you. I can't imagine how any argument would change that, so why bother?
    It's not good enough for me, and it's not good enough for America, we are better then that as a country.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  6. #436
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    I don't fail to see that. Show me where I have implied otherwise.
    You have implied that by wanting it banned, why else would you be against it?
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  7. #437
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:23 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    SSM does not violate anyone's freedom, but denying SSM violates my freedom. You fail to see that.
    This to me is the basic truth of the argument. However, I would prefer it from some one with a different avatar.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #438
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    It does ban religion from law, it is very clear in that.
    Show me where it does that, please.

    My argument isn't based on, well that's the way I want it. It's based on equality under law.
    I didn't say otherwise, you view that homosexuality is deserving of such protection.

    It's not good enough for me, and it's not good enough for America, we are better then that as a country.
    In your view.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  9. #439
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    You have implied that by wanting it banned, why else would you be against it?
    First, you're talking about what I do or do not understand. At present you are not free to gt married (in most places in the US) Second, not all actions should be freedoms.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  10. #440
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Show me where it does that, please.
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Right there, putting a law in that is based on a religion, is prohibiting the free exercise thereof of people who do not agree with that particular religion.

    I didn't say otherwise, you view that homosexuality is deserving of such protection.
    Why shouldn't it?

    In your view.
    And you have no argument to counter my view, no surprise though.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

Page 44 of 94 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •