Page 43 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 939

Thread: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

  1. #421
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,360

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Because mine is in majority, laws are definitely based on religion and morality.
    Not in America, you can't base laws off of religion in America.

    The Irony here, is that I was implying that it was NOT your argument, but you got defensive anyway. Proof that you're only interested in opposing anything I say rather then trying to understand it.
    You said my argument was "because I said so", no way else to take your statement.

    Why would you think I would try to counter "That ain't good enough."? That's you're opinion...you're entitled to it.
    By trying to prove that it is good enough? But you can't, so....
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  2. #422
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Rape, murder, theft...all morality.
    Rape, murder, theft...all invasions of security and freedom.

  3. #423
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Not in America, you can't base laws off of religion in America.
    That's not true. The people that vote for the legislatures, and the legislatures themselves are religious. Therefor, the laws they make are influenced by religion.

    You said my argument was "because I said so", no way else to take your statement.
    No, I said "no more so than your argument is because I said so." Please re-read the original post.

    By trying to prove that it is good enough? But you can't, so....
    I can't prove that it doesn't meet your approval? Why would I want to do that?
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  4. #424
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,360

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Rape, murder, theft...all invasions of security and freedom.
    Same Sex Marriage, not an invasion of security and freedom, that is what mac doesn't seem to understand.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  5. #425
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Rape, murder, theft...all invasions of security and freedom.
    What are security and freedom?
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  6. #426
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Same Sex Marriage, not an invasion of security and freedom, that is what mac doesn't seem to understand.
    Why is it that you think anyone that doesn't agree with you only does so because they don't understand? That is a childish point of view.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  7. #427
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,360

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    That's not true. The people that vote for the legislatures, and the legislatures themselves are religious. Therefor, the laws they make are influenced by religion.
    Just because people are religious doesn't mean that their view on politics have to be influenced by said religion, and having a law because of a religion is unconstitutional.

    [QUOTE]No, I said "no more so than your argument is because I said so." Please re-read the original post.

    What do you mean here?

    I can't prove that it doesn't meet your approval? Why would I want to do that?
    So I'm right.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  8. #428
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,360

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Why is it that you think anyone that doesn't agree with you only does so because they don't understand? That is a childish point of view.
    Not anyone who disagrees with me, I'm saying you don't understand. SSM does not violate anyone's freedom, but denying SSM violates my freedom. You fail to see that.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  9. #429
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    What are security and freedom?
    The things that our Constitution seeks to protect without ever mentioning God once.

  10. #430
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Why is it that you think anyone that doesn't agree with you only does so because they don't understand? That is a childish point of view.
    This coming from the guy who just told me:
    Very few things are as cut and dry as you like to think.
    because I disagreed with him.

    Hypocrisy.

Page 43 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •