Page 34 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 939

Thread: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

  1. #331
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,122

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    It does if you want to claim it as scientific fact.
    You don't justify things in science, you try to falsify things in science. The harder it is to falsfiy, the higher the probablity it is true.

  2. #332
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,122

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    You're lying about what I said, because that ain't it.
    You are lying so much you can't even keep all your lies straight in your head.

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Bononbos and Chimps are VERY closely related and yet you don't see that behavior in Chimps....

  3. #333
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    What benefit does being left-handed serve us?
    I don't know, I've not done any reading on it.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  4. #334
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,767

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    No, we all start out females and become males in the womb. The nipples are hold overs.
    How do you justify taking away the right to same-sex marriage?

    Taking a right requires justification, not granting a right.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  5. #335
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    It does if you want to claim it as scientific fact.
    Nonsense. There's no need to justify the fact that the Shoemaker-Levy comet hit Jupiter in order for that to be a scientific fact. We don't need to decide whether or not it was just that this occurred. We're not making a moral claim about the comet. Justifications are about morality, not science.

    Also, we don't need to know the reason something happened in order to say "Yep, that happened."

    If a male bonobo felates another bonobo, that is homosexual behavior, regardless of the bonobo's motivations and reasons. We can make the scientific claim of homosexual behavior occurring.
    Last edited by Tucker Case; 03-14-11 at 03:51 PM.

  6. #336
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,122

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    I don't know, I've not done any reading on it.
    I serously doubt you have done much reading on homsexuality either.

  7. #337
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    There is justification for homosexual behavior, he just wouldn't accept it.
    There is justification as far as you are concerned. I would say you are probably be pre-disposed to accept anything at face value that claimed homosexuality was normal, natural, and/or moral, though.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  8. #338
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I serously doubt you have done much reading on homsexuality either.
    You would be wrong.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  9. #339
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,767

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    There is justification as far as you are concerned. I would say you are probably be pre-disposed to accept anything at face value that claimed homosexuality was normal, natural, and/or moral, though.
    I would say you're predisposed to NOT believe it. What's your point?

    You still haven't justified taking away the right to same-sex marriage.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #340
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,122

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    You would be wrong.
    Yeah, I'm sure you went to NARTH and read up on some articles so you could support your religous beliefs with some junk science.

Page 34 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •