Page 2 of 94 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 939

Thread: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

  1. #11
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,888
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tom View Post
    I wish you were kidding me, but sadly your not. You belive its normal to have man on man relations? Same sex marriages? I don't.
    Umm...Duh. I'm pretty sure that I got that you don't from your first post. Care to answer my question now?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  2. #12
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,054

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    This is sad. Hopefully they will get this done and be able to stand up as one of the states that granted fair marriage treatment to all, regardless of race or sex, before the country is made to do so by the SCOTUS.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  3. #13
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tom View Post
    Why is it that liberals want to make the abnormal normal?
    interracial marriage wasn't all that "normal" a few decades ago. It's considered "normal" (as in socially acceptable) now. Times change bro.

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    02-24-14 @ 01:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    421

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Abnormal...normal...Pray do tell what you mean. Surely you don't intend to deny that there are over 1500 species on this planet that practice homosexuality? Surely you don't intend to deny a person the right to marriage just because you dislike it? Oh wait...want to go the genetic route? Ok, show me the DNA which says you're a heterosexual. Oh wait? Or are you just saying that it is a "choice" to be a homosexual? When did you "CHOOSE" to be heterosexual? And even if it is JUST a choice, that does not discount thier RIGHT to that choice.

    Come, tell us, why is it that you think that homosexuality is "abnormal".
    Why should anyone have a problem with any state making any kind of law that it wants? Its a simple concept...laws do not make people moral or immoral, laws simply reflect the morality of those who write them. Moral people write moral laws, immoral people write immoral laws. Does any other state have a problem with Nevada making PROSTITUTION LEGAL? Big Deal...if the people of Nevada want to be immoral that is up to the people of Nevada. The Same for any state that wants Homosexual Marriage...that is strictly up to the people of any state...If they want to go Brokeback Mountain....more power to them. But don't even attempt to tell me that every state in the union has to make prostitution legal because the people of Nevada have no moral fiber and worship the dollar more than they do righteousness. We live in a society where people are free to be perverts if they wish...as long as that perversion is not attempted to infringe upon another citizens right to be Free from the act of Perversion.

    God bless the USA were the battle lines can be vividly clear. We the People have more pressing problems than to have any concern about who sticks what, where. But if anyone wants Absolution for a free will choice.....GO SEE A PRIEST. Its very clear...round pegs do not go into square holes. Just like morality....the laws of physics and logic are not subject to legislation. Big Brother simply needs to get the hell out of the way....they have already denied the people of Utah the right to pursue their happiness by having more than ONE spouse..what's next? Do some people believe they can legislate CRIME away simply because they make some acts legal or illegal? If such was the case there would be ZERO crime. Simply put....the only person that you can have an effect on in relation to morality is SELF. I have more than enough problems with the beams in my eyes to have any concern about the gnat in someone else's eye....Salvation is hard enough to work out for yourself with fear and trembling, Its not my problem if some people are to stupid to be afraid, they have their own quicksand to navigate.
    Last edited by Walter; 03-13-11 at 04:43 PM.

  5. #15
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,054

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Why should anyone have a problem with any state making any kind of law that it wants? Its a simple concept...laws do not make people moral or immoral, laws simply reflect the morality of those who write them. Moral people write moral laws, immoral people write immoral laws. Does any other state have a problem with Nevada making PROSTITUTION LEGAL? Big Deal...if the people of Nevada want to be immoral that is up to the people of Nevada. The Same for any state that wants Homosexual Marriage...that is strictly up to the people of any state...If they want to go Brokeback Mountain....more power to them. But don't even attempt to tell me that every state in the union has to make prostitution legal because the people of Nevada have no moral fiber and worship the dollar more than they do righteousness. We live in a society where people are free to be perverts if they wish...as long as that perversion is not attempted to infringe upon another citizens right to be Free from the act of Perversion.

    God bless the USA were the battle lines can be vividly clear.
    There is no such thing as the "right to be free from the act of perversion", unless you mean that you have a right not to participate in such acts. You do not have the right to restrict others from entering into contracts that you are allowed to enter into just because you do not approve of their relationships because you believe that they are acts of perversion. This was essentially established with the ruling in Loving v. VA. The only difference between anti-interracial marriage laws and anti-SSM laws is one had to do with the race of the two individuals involved, and the other deals with the sex of the two individuals involved. Interracial marriage was (and still is by around 15-20% of the US population) considered to be as much an act of perversion as homosexuality.

    The fact is that laws should be made to keep people from infringing upon the actual rights of other people, not those rights that some wish/think they have.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    02-24-14 @ 01:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    421

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    There is no such thing as the "right to be free from the act of perversion", unless you mean that you have a right not to participate in such acts. You do not have the right to restrict others from entering into contracts that you are allowed to enter into just because you do not approve of their relationships because you believe that they are acts of perversion. This was essentially established with the ruling in Loving v. VA. The only difference between anti-interracial marriage laws and anti-SSM laws is one had to do with the race of the two individuals involved, and the other deals with the sex of the two individuals involved. Interracial marriage was (and still is by around 15-20% of the US population) considered to be as much an act of perversion as homosexuality.

    The fact is that laws should be made to keep people from infringing upon the actual rights of other people, not those rights that some wish/think they have.
    I beg to differ. I have a room full of advocates that tell me under the 2nd amendment...I have the right to be free from perversion, if you do not believe that simply test me. As I said...as far as I can go is into the sphere of privacy that all US CITIZENS are guaranteed..if you infringe upon that space it will the last space that you infringe upon.

  7. #17
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,888
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    I beg to differ. I have a room full of advocates that tell me under the 2nd amendment...I have the right to be free from perversion, if you do not believe that simply test me. As I said...as far as I can go is into the sphere of privacy that all US CITIZENS are guaranteed..if you infringe upon that space it will the last space that you infringe upon.
    How does two guys/gals getting married 500 miles away from you affect your privacy?

    BTW, the 2nd Amendment is not about perversion. No matter what your personal room of advocates states. The second amendment is about protection from bodily harm, food (hunting), and protection from government. None of that is about "perversion".

    Also, for future reference I would watch how you phrase things as your post sounds an aweful lot like a threat.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    02-24-14 @ 01:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    421

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    How does two guys/gals getting married 500 miles away from you affect your privacy?

    BTW, the 2nd Amendment is not about perversion. No matter what your personal room of advocates states. The second amendment is about protection from bodily harm, food (hunting), and protection from government. None of that is about "perversion".

    Also, for future reference I would watch how you phrase things as your post sounds an aweful lot like a threat.
    Who said that it does, except you in attempting to establish a false premise and project YOUR morality upon ME in spite of the fact that Congress is forbidden from ESTABLISHING morality...religion. You said that I do not have the right to be free from perversion when its very clear that I possess the right of FREE EXERCISE, not to mention my 2nd amendment rights when the STATE fails to secure any guaranteed right. Keep your perversion to yourself. If you want to openly practice your perversion, go to a perverted STATE...while I will freely choose to stay in one the over 40 states that have made Homosexual Marriage...ILLEGAL, with the majority thereof, amending their constitutions to meet the will of the people who populate that state. As I said...the battle lines are drawn vividly clear and the MINORITY can never hope to establish the NORM.
    Last edited by Walter; 03-13-11 at 05:36 PM.

  9. #19
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tom View Post
    Why is it that liberals want to make the abnormal normal?
    Why is it that conservatives think their personal moral bull**** should be imposed on everyone else?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #20
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,888
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Who said that it does, except you in attempting to establish a false premise and project YOUR morality upon ME in spite of the fact that Congress is forbidden from ESTABLISHING morality...religion. You said that I do not have the right to be free from perversion when its very clear the I possess the right of FREE EXERCISE. Keep your perversion to yourself.
    You said it does when you tried to claim privacy rights in regards to homosexual marriage (what this thread is about).

    Morality does not equal religion. There are lots of athiests that have just as much morality as anyone in any religion. And every law is based on some type of morality. The fact is that Congress is forbidden from establishing a religion or establishing law for/against any type of religion...NOT forbidden from basing law on morality.

    And no, I did not say that you do not have the right to be free from perversion. That was another poster. And yes you do have the right of free exercise, so long as that free exercise does not intrude upon anothers Rights.

    Also, your whole post is contradictory. You state that I am trying to force my morality upon you, and yet you want to force your morality upon me. Sorry, but you can't have your cake and eat it too. Pick one and stick with it.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

Page 2 of 94 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •