Page 13 of 94 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 939

Thread: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

  1. #121
    Banned Big Tom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Last Seen
    03-30-11 @ 03:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    245
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    None of these things are immoral. Taking God out of the classroom is completely appropriate... unless you think that ALL religions should be represented, which would be what needs to occur, not just Christianity. Teaching kids how to use a condom correctly is one of the most effective methods of preventing unwanted pregnancy and STDs. And prove that homosexuality is NOT normal... but first, define normal.
    lol...wow. This is liberalism at its core. No talking to "people" like this. If you think that is normal thats between you and God.

  2. #122
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,359

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tom View Post
    Come on, try not to be silly
    You need to provide logical reason to claim something is moral, or not, you can't just say "well I said so"
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  3. #123
    Banned Big Tom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Last Seen
    03-30-11 @ 03:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    245
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Says who?

    Here's my take on personal freedom. I have the right to do anything and everything that I want to do, unless the government can show some reason for denying me that right. Usually this will involve that act doing harm to others somehow.

    Government, why can't I shoot people randomly on the street?
    Well, Deuce, because that would injure and/or kill them, taking away their right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
    Oh, ok, that makes sense.

    Government, why can't I fly passengers in a rickety old airplane that hasn't been inspected by a mechanic since the Truman administration?
    Well, Deuce, that puts those passengers into a great risk, and a risk they have no way of analyzing themselves. Sorry.
    Oh, ok, that makes sense.

    Government, I'm a dude. Why can't I marry a dude?

    Walter/Big Tom: insert an answer for me.
    I feel sorry for you. If you belive all that thats between you and God.

  4. #124
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tom View Post
    lol...wow. This is liberalism at its core. No talking to "people" like this. If you think that is normal thats between you and God.
    You know better than to make assertions without backing up your argument. You aren't right because you say so.

    You haven't explained how "taking God out of the classroom" is immoral. You haven't explained how teaching kids to put a condom over a cucumber is immoral. There's really no reasoning with people who believe **** but can't explain their position.

  5. #125
    Banned Big Tom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Last Seen
    03-30-11 @ 03:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    245
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    You need to provide logical reason to claim something is moral, or not, you can't just say "well I said so"
    If you think its normal to be gay, thats on you. I don't.

  6. #126
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tom View Post
    I feel sorry for you. If you belive all that thats between you and God.
    Laws of a country have nothing to do with God. If they did, then how would we decide who's God to base such laws on? Laws should be based on what I posted in my earlier post, preventing people from infringing upon other people's rights.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  7. #127
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,359

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tom View Post
    If you think its normal to be gay, thats on you. I don't.
    The difference between our viewpoints is that I'm not trying to make a law denying you equal protection under the law. Just saying.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  8. #128
    Banned Big Tom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Last Seen
    03-30-11 @ 03:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    245
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    founded by lord baltimore

    Wasn't that the tracker from Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid? lol

  9. #129
    Banned Big Tom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Last Seen
    03-30-11 @ 03:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    245
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    The difference between our viewpoints is that I'm not trying to make a law denying you equal protection under the law. Just saying.
    No, theres much more to it than that.

  10. #130
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,359

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tom View Post
    No, theres much more to it than that.
    If I'm allowed to get married it effects you how?
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

Page 13 of 94 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •