Page 11 of 94 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 939

Thread: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

  1. #101
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    So the majority of Society are watching queer eye for the straight guy? And this conclusion in spite of the fact that over 40 states have laws ( a reflection of their morality) on the books that condemns the perversion for what it is. Keep trying to tell people that up is down and black is what, white? it seems to go well with the round peg, square hole theory.
    Do you actually address what is said? And do you know that what you are arguing makes no sense? 40 states have rejected gay marriage. What does that mean? That 40 states have rejected gay marriage. It does NOT mean that 40 states have rejected homosexuality. What you are attempting to do is called a non-sequitur logical fallacy. That is why this argument of yours makes no sense.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #102
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    So let me ask you a base question.

    What makes it a perversion?
    No, let him address my question about the mathematics of "normal/deviant" first. It will be easier.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #103
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    So the majority of Society are watching queer eye for the straight guy? And this conclusion in spite of the fact that over 40 states have laws ( a reflection of their morality) on the books that condemns the perversion for what it is. Keep trying to tell people that up is down and black is what, white? it seems to go well with the round peg, square hole theory.
    Perhaps not, but a majority of Marylanders approve of gay marriage. And norms have little to do with morality. For awhile in this country, owning slavery was considered a norm. Segregation was considered a norm. Interracial marriages were considered to be against the norm. Social norms have little to do with morality.

  4. #104
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,006

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    So the majority of Society are watching queer eye for the straight guy? And this conclusion in spite of the fact that over 40 states have laws ( a reflection of their morality) on the books that condemns the perversion for what it is. Keep trying to tell people that up is down and black is what, white? it seems to go well with the round peg, square hole theory.
    What is the voting percentages of those states? When were these laws put into place and have any of them come back up to be overturned?

    I'd say that there are plenty of people who really don't care if two men or two women are allowed to legally marry but they don't consider it something that would motivate them to waste their time just to vote on. Another thing that doesn't help, is certain religious organizations that put out false information about what allowing SSM to be legal will cause.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  5. #105
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by Walter;1059347700[B
    ]So the majority of Society are watching queer eye for the straight guy?[/B] And this conclusion in spite of the fact that over 40 states have laws ( a reflection of their morality) on the books that condemns the perversion for what it is. Keep trying to tell people that up is down and black is what, white? it seems to go well with the round peg, square hole theory. You simply cannot force your twisted sense of morality upon people.....regardless of how much you attempt to deceive people...even yourself.
    I'm gay, and I wouldn't watch that ****ty show EVER!!!!

    Seriously, you know nothing about actual LGBT people, and your world view of them is nothing but stereotypes. I feel sorry for you.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  6. #106
    Professor
    Kane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    09-09-13 @ 09:13 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,661

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Looks like the GOP will need a new witchunt/scapegoat

  7. #107
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    Perhaps not, but a majority of Marylanders approve of gay marriage. And norms have little to do with morality. For awhile in this country, owning slavery was considered a norm. Segregation was considered a norm. Interracial marriages were considered to be against the norm. Social norms have little to do with morality.
    Like I said, if he is using "normal/deviant" as a mathematical scale, he's correct... as are my examples of lefthandedness and being Jewish in the US. If he is using it as a societal norm, only, since these things change over time, the point is irrelevant.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #108
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Like I said, if he is using "normal/deviant" as a mathematical scale, he's correct... as are my examples of lefthandedness and being Jewish in the US. If he is using it as a societal norm, only, since these things change over time, the point is irrelevant.
    Yeah I don't see how he can argue his way out of this one.

  9. #109
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    Yeah I don't see how he can argue his way out of this one.
    Actually, he's trapped either way.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #110
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:21 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,341
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Maryland Gay Marriage Bill sent back to cmte. Shelved for this year at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Like I said, if he is using "normal/deviant" as a mathematical scale, he's correct... as are my examples of lefthandedness and being Jewish in the US. If he is using it as a societal norm, only, since these things change over time, the point is irrelevant.
    So Jews shouldn't marry?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 11 of 94 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •