Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 334

Thread: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

  1. #301
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Of course the US isnt immune. In fact the extremists are COUNTING on useful idiots to rush to defend all things Muslim (as if All things Muslim are under attack) to ensure they can continue to do what they do unabated.
    These "useful idiots" do keep popping up, don't they?

    There have been tests done on them and apparently they are no more in control of their opinions than they are the colour of their eyes. They were just born that way.

  2. #302
    Educator TheBook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Olympia, WA
    Last Seen
    11-28-11 @ 01:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    880

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by LookingGlass View Post
    Thanks for your opinion. You are entitled to yours, as am I. While I am sure your opinion is highly relevant to you, your opinion is irrelevant to me. I do not sanction any religion. My point was of all organized religions Muslims are the kookiest. I would call myself an atheist, but all that means in the U.S. currently is anti-Christian.
    Oh please, I am an Atheist too, that doesn't mean I view all religion as being evil and insane.

    As for "kookiest" religion, as someone raised semi-Mormon, I can tell you firsthand that Mormonism is way crazier than Islam. According to our holy book, skin color is due to the amount of sin someone is born with. Plus, the entire thing was founded by a renown con-artist as a way to scam people into paying him money.

    And don't even get me started on the religion that believes negative emotions are the souls of aliens flown to earth in golden airplanes.
    “The more you know, the harder it is to take decisive action. Once you become informed, you start seeing complexities and shades of gray. You realize that nothing is as clear and simple as it first appears. Ultimately, knowledge is paralyzing.” - Bill Watterson
    Who Is Chicago Ted?

  3. #303
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post

    you still see no hypocrisy in calling the innocent muslim community to task for the terrorists who share their faith while finding it reasonable to not do the same to address the terrorists found within the Christian community or the terrorists within the catholic community
    Other than a far left talking point, the hearing had no hypocrisy and there was no wrong done to the "innocent muslim community".

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    simply declare your position correct and mine wrong without offering any figment of a defense of your own stance or one which stands in opposition to mine
    I don't have to claim right and wrong, I simply claim your view invalid and fiction.

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    but then, it's not as if those of your political persuasion are inclined to base belief on things like fact and evidence, much less principle and logic
    I wish you would provide even a HINT of either fact/evidence/priciple/logic. Let me know when you do.

    I've debunked your comparison, shown it invalid and a red herring, criticized your injection of race where it is also invalid. Ya got nothin'. Moving on.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  4. #304
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    These "useful idiots" do keep popping up, don't they?

    There have been tests done on them and apparently they are no more in control of their opinions than they are the colour of their eyes. They were just born that way.
    Hmmm. Well...ignorance appears to be a choice in some. Others...sure...I can accept they are born that way. But nah...more's the pity...I think in far too many its deliberate.

    I dont about others. I saw a good portion of the hearing. I didnt just view parts that were convenient to my viewpoint. No one was attacking 'Muslims.' Muslims were complimented on numerous occasions. The problem is not Muslims...never has been. The problem is extremists. ALWAYS has been.

  5. #305
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Hmmm. Well...ignorance appears to be a choice in some. Others...sure...I can accept they are born that way. But nah...more's the pity...I think in far too many its deliberate.

    I dont about others. I saw a good portion of the hearing. I didnt just view parts that were convenient to my viewpoint. No one was attacking 'Muslims.' Muslims were complimented on numerous occasions. The problem is not Muslims...never has been. The problem is extremists. ALWAYS has been.
    I agree absolutely.

    I wasn't kidding about people having little control over their beliefs, by the way. I googled a quick search but couldn't find anything. Just as many emotions are now being isolated, so it is with the part of the brain that determines how we will think and what are opinions might be, depending on one particular part of the brain and how large it is. I believe it was also part of a series on PBS.

  6. #306
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO 81506
    Last Seen
    05-30-11 @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,236

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    depending on one particular part of the brain and how large it is.
    Or the part of the brain with the most activity. The slice of brain I saw showed black lines radiating from several different points. Some with more lines than others.

    That suggested to me that each black line represented the number of times an important event was revisited with our thoughts, and the level of importance was measured by the number of black lines.

    ricksfolly

  7. #307
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by ricksfolly View Post
    Or the part of the brain with the most activity. The slice of brain I saw showed black lines radiating from several different points. Some with more lines than others.

    That suggested to me that each black line represented the number of times an important event was revisited with our thoughts, and the level of importance was measured by the number of black lines.

    ricksfolly
    Right, Ric! I think that might have been the program I saw most recently, though I have read about it in the past.

    Thanks for your response because it sounds a little strange if you've never heard of it.

  8. #308
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    no.clearly, you are unable to rebut the points i made

    i distinguished between a hearing about the KKK's terrorism and a hearing about moslems who have done nothing wrong. you failed to apprehend the distinction. no surprise [/sarcasm]


    please. let's do


    any observer who watched the hearings knows what they were actually about, no matter how much that IRA terrorist supporting congressman pretends otherwise. it was a public demonization of a religion. as with many reich wing matters, one must examine the real actions instead of the misleading descriptive words. the words are only there to deceive the gullible who choose not to examine the actions


    i understand your opposition to my comparison, where it is noteworthy that white Christians - those not affiliated with white supremacists - were not similarly summoned to appear before the congress to explain why members of their Christian religion engage in racial terrorism
    that direct comparison undermines your argument. continue to whine about it as that tells me you are pissed off at losing the debate


    the congress should be investigating terrorism
    but it instead diverts its time and resources to pursue a divisive, partisan, destructive attack on innocent members of the islamic faith
    congress has no reason to summon before it innocent practitioners of the islamic religion to have them explain why they tolerate those who practice the same faith. that is like asking you why you tolerate the pedophiles who practice your religious beliefs, despite your not having any knowledge of those perverts or their actions


    sadly, osama bin forgotten is the George Washington of the disenfranchised moslem world. when, by our nation's actions, we give credibility to his pronouncements against us, his fatwas, we assist his ability to recruit more prospective terrorists. if this were only theatre
    I can see you didn't watch it.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  9. #309
    Student jakiejakester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Soho, NYC
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    263

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    These hearings are a tremendous success for all the racists, xenophobes and bigots in this country. The rest of us should not be celebrating.
    Witch hunts are always wrong regardless of who the hunted is. In this instance all that was accomplished was to incite more people to hate America which is sort of ironic....
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

  10. #310
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by jakiejakester View Post
    Witch hunts are always wrong regardless of who the hunted is. In this instance all that was accomplished was to incite more people to hate America which is sort of ironic....
    Who are these people and what evidence do you have for this claim, Jakiejakester?

Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •