Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 334

Thread: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

  1. #291
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,682

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    but i have never seen the congress convene a hearing of white citizens who do not practice supremacy hate and chastise them for allowing their fellow white citizens to engage in such abhorrent practices
    i invite you to prove me wrong


    i must confess i have no idea what you are describing here ... but i would want to. please elaborate for my benefit


    if you will point me to a congressional hearing where the italian community - represented by those who were not associated with the mob - was called to task for allowing organized crime to be disproportionately present within that italian culture, then you would have a valid point. i will await your showing us evidence that such a congressional hearing was conducted


    if you initiated a congressional hearing, bringing in those citizens of italian heritage who are not involved with the cosa nostra, and criticized the italian American people for allowing the mafia to operate unhindered within that italian American community, my prediction is you would not see much italian American support for such an inquisition

    we would have a similar outcry if the congress held a public hearing, bringing in catholics who do not bomb abortion clinics, and then reprimand them for their failure to prevent anti-abortion terrorists from being among the practitioners of the catholic faith


    please show us where the muslims say they will assume responsibility for policing the practitioners of the islamic faith to assure no terrorists will be found within their ranks
    you foolishly pretend that our government has been requested by muslims to turn over protecting our nation from terrorists of the islamic faith to those who practice that faith
    but prove me wrong, show me that is a fact instead of your wrongheaded imagination
    The point is that the mob and KKK (and other white supremacy groups) have both been singled out in congressional and law enforcement efforts. Today, radical Islam...not all of Islam is being investigated. To deny that radicals are NOT actively recruiting and using Islam as a tool for their recruitment is just plain stupid. To pretend that this is an indictment of all Muslims is equally stupid. For Ellison and other members of the Muslim community to decry this hearing on the recruitment of terrorists through extremism is stupid. And for Muslims to claim hearings like these are wrong and that the fforts to call out extremists should come from Muslims themselves...well...hey..we have a winner...common ground. The problem is...they arent DOING it.

  2. #292
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,145

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    The point is that the mob and KKK (and other white supremacy groups) have both been singled out in congressional and law enforcement efforts. Today, radical Islam...not all of Islam is being investigated. To deny that radicals are NOT actively recruiting and using Islam as a tool for their recruitment is just plain stupid. To pretend that this is an indictment of all Muslims is equally stupid. For Ellison and other members of the Muslim community to decry this hearing on the recruitment of terrorists through extremism is stupid. And for Muslims to claim hearings like these are wrong and that the fforts to call out extremists should come from Muslims themselves...well...hey..we have a winner...common ground. The problem is...they arent DOING it.
    and you still miss the point. by this stage i am believing it to be intentionally

    the KKK investigation did not result in calling the innocent members of the Christian community to explain why those of their faith tolerated the presence of these cross burning Bible toting KKK terrorists who professed to be of the same faith

    no investigation of the abortion bombing catholic terrorists resulted in calling the innocent members of the catholic community to explain why those of their faith tolerated the presence of these murdering, anti-abortion catholic terrorists who professed to be of the same faith

    we should be investigating terrorism. we should also recognize what about our foreign policy contributes to the ability of terrorist groups to recruit those who are willing to end their own lives to attack us. the IRA terrorist supporter who hosted this congressional hearing was not interested in terrorism. he was pandering to the reich wing. bet that makes your side proud [/sarcasm]
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  3. #293
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    and you still miss the point. by this stage i am believing it to be intentionally
    We both understand... but your conclusion is all wrong... you don't have a valid point, and only you think it is valid.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  4. #294
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,145

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    We both understand... but your conclusion is all wrong... you don't have a valid point, and only you think it is valid.
    well, there you have it

    with all the depth of logic he was able to plumb


    you still see no hypocrisy in calling the innocent muslim community to task for the terrorists who share their faith while finding it reasonable to not do the same to address the terrorists found within the Christian community or the terrorists within the catholic community

    simply declare your position correct and mine wrong without offering any figment of a defense of your own stance or one which stands in opposition to mine

    but then, it's not as if those of your political persuasion are inclined to base belief on things like fact and evidence, much less principle and logic
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  5. #295
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    There are always different opinions on everything, but no expert in suicide terrorism has to agree with them. I'm done.
    They are all experts who were being quoted. You just chose the one whose opinion you preferred.

    And it all had something to do with Islam.

  6. #296
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,682

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    and you still miss the point. by this stage i am believing it to be intentionally

    the KKK investigation did not result in calling the innocent members of the Christian community to explain why those of their faith tolerated the presence of these cross burning Bible toting KKK terrorists who professed to be of the same faith

    no investigation of the abortion bombing catholic terrorists resulted in calling the innocent members of the catholic community to explain why those of their faith tolerated the presence of these murdering, anti-abortion catholic terrorists who professed to be of the same faith

    we should be investigating terrorism. we should also recognize what about our foreign policy contributes to the ability of terrorist groups to recruit those who are willing to end their own lives to attack us. the IRA terrorist supporter who hosted this congressional hearing was not interested in terrorism. he was pandering to the reich wing. bet that makes your side proud [/sarcasm]
    You are the one blinded by bias...which makes me wonder if you even bothered to watch ANY of the hearings or are just typically bleating on your usual bull**** and nonsense of which you know nothing about. Rep King did not indict the Muslim people...in point of fact he very clearly indicated that MANY of the gains we have made combating terrorism has come through the efforts of Muslims and that it was not an attack ON Muslims.

    Nah...you are just doing that same mindless bull**** you and so many of you do...any time there is anything terrorist related you do that mindless kneejerk ohmigodIgottadefend Muslims thing. No one is attacking Muslims. No one is attacking Islam. He was identifying a salient point...that here...right here in good ol River City we got troubly and it starts with E and it ends with S and its called Extremists. EXTREMISTS ARE INDEED using perversions of the Koran and recruiting individuals. Its a problem.

  7. #297
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,682

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    "A fourth panelist, Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca, brought with him a Muslim member of the sherrif’s department whose job is to work with the Muslim community.

    Baca also noted that he has exhorted CAIR leaders to use their positions to fight against extremism within the Muslim community.

    “If I were in your position,” Baca said to the group’s leaders, “I would post admonitions in mosques, if you have the ability, that advises the attendees that come to pray to not bring in extremist points of view.”

    That Baca...what an ignorant extremist...you know...for attacking Muslims.

    Oh...wait...it wasnt ABOUT attacking Muslims...it was about identifying radical Islam in America.

    ****ing bubblehead.

  8. #298
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post

    you still see no hypocrisy in calling the innocent muslim community to task for the terrorists who share their faith while finding it reasonable to not do the same to address the terrorists found within the Christian community or the terrorists within the catholic community
    The "innocent muslim community" remains the "innocent muslim community". No accusations made or charges laid.

    There have been reports that a great percentage of Mosques in the US were being used to promote sharia law, and other anti Western propaganda, as has been done in the UK and most everywhere else.

    Why the US should be immune to such commonplace goings on has never been explained. Could you try?

  9. #299
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,682

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    The "innocent muslim community" remains the "innocent muslim community". No accusations made or charges laid.

    There have been reports that a great percentage of Mosques in the US were being used to promote sharia law, and other anti Western propaganda, as has been done in the UK and most everywhere else.

    Why the US should be immune to such commonplace goings on has never been explained. Could you try?
    Of course the US isnt immune. In fact the extremists are COUNTING on useful idiots to rush to defend all things Muslim (as if All things Muslim are under attack) to ensure they can continue to do what they do unabated.

  10. #300
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    First off Scheuer no longer works for the CIA, and as of late is singing a different tune. Especially where Amhadinjihad or bin Laden are involved.
    No.

    Second, Pape although not a self professed liberal, sits in the ivory tower of UofChicago and caters to a who's who of liberals. Not only professionally but in writing as well. That you would attempt to use the well worn liberal tactic of the unassailable individual to make your argument for his hypothesis only tells me that something is seriously wrong with it.
    This is just false. Pape is a Republican and Libertarian. The economics and political science departments at UChicago are FILLED with conservatives.

    Consider an OpEd that Pape wrote for the NYTimes last year on Chechen women...He used the same arguments you are trying here and was smacked down in a rebuttal, here is a snippet of that retort.

    this points to some flawed methodology in Pape's theories.
    An article about Chechen women has nothing to do with this.

    The fact that today's terror attacks around the world is nearly 100% driven by Islam not only as a religious ideology, but Islam as a political tool as well, shows me further that this PoliSci prof is far too narrow in his attempt to blame his own country like any good dhimmi should.
    This is false. Find out who that seat actually belongs to and come back later.
    Last edited by ThePlayDrive; 03-15-11 at 06:23 PM.

Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •