Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 334

Thread: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

  1. #271
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    then you could not be opposed to a congressional inquiry about the jewish government of israel and the terrorism it projects. you will soon be reminded of your above quote in another forum area
    Sure... have as many congressional inquiries as you want. About Jews, about the Rich, about the cops, FBI, the Pentagon, Military, Democrats, Republicans, Communists, Socialists, TV, Radio, Newspapers... wrong is wrong no matter who does it so when there's a reason to have a hearing to gather information, to publically put people on the record, it's a good thing. Muslims, Islam, Terrorists, non-Terrorists, Sunni, Shia, Jihadists, any and all...
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  2. #272
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    The war between the Sri Lankan Government and the Tamil Tigers is pretty much restricted to Sri Lanka and has had little comparative impact on the international community. Islamists, on the other hand, have committed terrorism everywhere, including against other Muslims. Have you any understanding why the Tamil Tigers "hate" Muslims?

    And that's why we are talking about the US and Islamic terrorism, not the Tamil Tigers.
    Al-Qaeda attacks the United States and its allies, not 'everywhere'. We're talking about the Tamil Tigers because you continue to imply that Islam is the primary factor associated with terrorism, when in fact, it isn't.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant
    Perhaps you are unfamiliar with the Koran, or that many Muslims are shouting "Allah Akbar" while they are murdering innocent people. Who told you that it is all about wanting the US off their territory?? If that was the case why would Islamic terrorism be international? They are killing people on every continent, with the exception perhaps of the Antarctica. And if Islamic terrorists want Americans off "their territory", would the democracies be right by murdering Muslims on "their territory"?
    Who told me? No one. Although I showed you a book by the most respected scholar of suicide terrorism who is also a Republican/Libertarian. The fact that you are questioning this argument so vehemently shows that you have done absolutely no research on the subject. This explanation is accepted by scholars and the government. If you don't trust the studies of Republican scholars whose job is to research suicide terrorism, then trust the CIA.

    Former CIA analyst Michael Scheuer, who led the CIA's hunt for Osama Bin Laden, states that terrorist attacks-specifically Al Qaeda attacks on America-are not motivated by a religiously-inspired hatred of American culture or religion, but by the belief that U.S. foreign policy has oppressed, killed, or otherwise harmed Muslims in the Middle East,[11] condensed in the phrase "They hate us for what we do, not who we are." U.S. foreign policy actions Scheuer believes are fueling Islamic terror include:

    Unconditional US support to Israel
    U.S. troops on Muslim 'holy ground' in Saudi Arabia (See: United States withdrawal from Saudi Arabia)
    U.S. support for "apostate" police states in Muslim nations such as Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Pakistan, Algeria, Morocco, and Kuwait[12]
    The invasion and occupation of Afghanistan and Iraq
    U.S. support for the creation of the Christian state of East Timor from territory previously held by Muslim Indonesia.
    Perceived U.S. approval or support of counterinsurgency against Muslim insurgents in India, Philippines, Chechnya, Uyghur separatists in western China, Palestine.[13]
    Historical justification, such as in the Crusades.
    The Western world's religious discrimination against Muslim immigrants.
    Islamic terrorism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant
    Because Islamic terrorists have killed many Americans in the United States, and have attempted to kill many more, the government is doing what it is supposed to do, which is to investigate how and why it is happening and what possible actions might be taken to prevent further acts of terrorism. The Muslim community should certainly understand this.
    The government already knows why terrorism is happening. It's been 10 years since 9/11, they've done their investigations; it would be irresponsible of them to have taken this long. You're the one who is behind.
    Last edited by ThePlayDrive; 03-15-11 at 01:44 PM.

  3. #273
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Ron Paul....Hmmmm. Wasn't he wooing a lot of students to his side in '08 by claiming that America was at fault for the attacks on 9/11?

    Blaming America first will not do the trick it seems.....lol.

    j-mac
    Former CIA analyst Michael Scheuer, who led the CIA's hunt for Osama Bin Laden, states that terrorist attacks-specifically Al Qaeda attacks on America-are not motivated by a religiously-inspired hatred of American culture or religion, but by the belief that U.S. foreign policy has oppressed, killed, or otherwise harmed Muslims in the Middle East,[11] condensed in the phrase "They hate us for what we do, not who we are." U.S. foreign policy actions Scheuer believes are fueling Islamic terror include:

    Unconditional US support to Israel
    U.S. troops on Muslim 'holy ground' in Saudi Arabia (See: United States withdrawal from Saudi Arabia)
    U.S. support for "apostate" police states in Muslim nations such as Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Pakistan, Algeria, Morocco, and Kuwait[12]
    The invasion and occupation of Afghanistan and Iraq
    U.S. support for the creation of the Christian state of East Timor from territory previously held by Muslim Indonesia.
    Perceived U.S. approval or support of counterinsurgency against Muslim insurgents in India, Philippines, Chechnya, Uyghur separatists in western China, Palestine.[13]
    Historical justification, such as in the Crusades.
    The Western world's religious discrimination against Muslim immigrants.
    The CIA agrees with Ron Paul.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic...amic_terrorism

  4. #274
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Al-Qaeda attacks the United States and its allies, not 'everywhere'. We're talking about the Tamil Tigers because you continue to imply that Islam is the primary factor associated with terrorism, when in fact, it isn't.
    It is. If you were to ask any knowledgeable person what group today what group is most strongly associated with modern terrorism the answer would most likely be Muslims. Tamil Tigers would be well down the list and I explained why.

    Who told me? No one.
    So you just made it up. That was actually quite obvious, and honest of you to admit it.

    Although I showed you a book by the most respected scholar of suicide terrorism who is also a Republican/Libertarian. The fact that you are questioning this argument so vehemently shows that you have done absolutely no research on the subject. This explanation is accepted by scholars and the government. If you don't trust the studies of Republican scholars whose job is to research suicide terrorism, then trust the CIA.
    Why should I give any more credibility to "Republican scholars" than I would anyone else? Does he say its all about land, or that the Tamil Tigers are the real terrorists we should be on guard against?

    Islamic terrorism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    The government already knows why terrorism is happening. It's been 10 years since 9/11, they've done their investigations; it would be irresponsible of them to have taken this long. You're the one who is behind.
    If you were interested in what's happening you would read the links you sent here and you would see it's not all about land, that it is about Islam, alienation, and all of it. Islam is the link between all the excuses for terrorism, no matter what the complaint.

  5. #275
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    It is. If you were to ask any knowledgeable person what group today what group is most strongly associated with modern terrorism the answer would most likely be Muslims. Tamil Tigers would be well down the list and I explained why.
    Islam is not the primary factor in suicide terrorism because the group with most suicide attacks is not Muslim. Islam is the primary factor why Americans are aware of suicide terrorism because of 9/11.

    So you just made it up. That was actually quite obvious, and honest of you to admit it.
    No Grant. No one told me because I examined the evidence for myself. And my argument is the exact same argument as the CIA, so it's clear I didn't make it up.

    Why should I give any more credibility to "Republican scholars" than I would anyone else? Does he say its all about land, or that the Tamil Tigers are the real terrorists we should be on guard against?
    I don't think you should care. I think you should examine evidence for itself. But apparently you do because you responded to my post on Robert Pape's books about terrorism by claiming that it wasn't valid because he's a liberal (then I showed you he's a conservative).

    Islamic terrorism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    If you were interested in what's happening you would read the links you sent here and you would see it's not all about land, that it is about Islam, alienation, and all of it. Islam is the link between all the excuses for terrorism, no matter what the complaint.
    It's less about me being 'interested in what's happening'. It's the fact that I've studied it and I know what's happening and have read that entire Wikipedia page in addition to the numerous books and articles I have read on the subject.

    Honestly Grant. I don't care what the **** you believe. But if you cared, you would put your pride aside and research it more than you have.
    Last edited by ThePlayDrive; 03-15-11 at 02:25 PM.

  6. #276
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Beck covered it yesterday, but until your post I hadn't heard anything else about it.

    And out in the wider world there was a marked reluctance to cover the story.
    And, if not exactly shocking, that was a useful reminder of how things have changed even in a few years. On 9/11, footage of Palestinians dancing in the streets and handing out candy turned up on the world’s TV screens, and that rancid old queen Arafat immediately went into damage-control mode and hastily arranged for himself to be filmed giving blood. This time round there was no need for damage-control, because there was no damage: The western media simply averted their eyes from their Palestinian house pets’ unfortunate effusions. The Israeli Government released raw footage from the murders, but YouTube yanked the video within two hours. The hip new “social media” are developing almost as exquisitely refined a sense of discretion as the old Social Register.
    Dead Jews Is No News - By Mark Steyn - The Corner - National Review Online
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  7. #277
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,148

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Clearly your changing the subject. You asked Vance to provide information of a similar hearing - I stepped in and provided that information. There was a need at the time, congressional meetings were held, laws were passed, and you were proven wrong.
    no.clearly, you are unable to rebut the points i made

    i distinguished between a hearing about the KKK's terrorism and a hearing about moslems who have done nothing wrong. you failed to apprehend the distinction. no surprise [/sarcasm]

    Now, let's get back to the issue at hand...
    please. let's do

    Wrong. I addressed this in Post #89 as to what this hearing was about, and King identified it up front in the first 20 seconds of the hearing. If you wish to continue to provide misinformation about the purpose and goal of the congressional meeting, and cannot honestly address why it was held, I'll continue to correct you.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1059343066
    any observer who watched the hearings knows what they were actually about, no matter how much that IRA terrorist supporting congressman pretends otherwise. it was a public demonization of a religion. as with many reich wing matters, one must examine the real actions instead of the misleading descriptive words. the words are only there to deceive the gullible who choose not to examine the actions

    The injection of race is irrelevant and ad hominem. Christians are not and have not been strapping bombs on their backs and killing tens of thousands of people - your comparison doesn't have a direct equivilent, and therefore is a red herring.
    i understand your opposition to my comparison, where it is noteworthy that white Christians - those not affiliated with white supremacists - were not similarly summoned to appear before the congress to explain why members of their Christian religion engage in racial terrorism
    that direct comparison undermines your argument. continue to whine about it as that tells me you are pissed off at losing the debate

    Congress has chosen to publicly investigate a very real problem that some, some, are ignoring for political reasons. Gotta keep those minorities votin' for the Democrats, right?
    the congress should be investigating terrorism
    but it instead diverts its time and resources to pursue a divisive, partisan, destructive attack on innocent members of the islamic faith
    congress has no reason to summon before it innocent practitioners of the islamic religion to have them explain why they tolerate those who practice the same faith. that is like asking you why you tolerate the pedophiles who practice your religious beliefs, despite your not having any knowledge of those perverts or their actions

    Meh. Unless one can look at facts honestly and address them, it's all just theater.
    sadly, osama bin forgotten is the George Washington of the disenfranchised moslem world. when, by our nation's actions, we give credibility to his pronouncements against us, his fatwas, we assist his ability to recruit more prospective terrorists. if this were only theatre
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  8. #278
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Islam is not the primary factor in suicide terrorism because the group with most suicide attacks is not Muslim. Islam is the primary factor why Americans are aware of suicide terrorism because of 9/11.
    So who has committed the most terrorism against the British people, American people, Australian people, Iraqi people, Afghanistan people, Pakistani people and the Indian people? The Tamil Tigers or Muslims?

    Answer that and perhaps we can pit this to rest.

    It's less about me being 'interested in what's happening'. It's the fact that I've studied it and I know what's happening and have read that entire Wikipedia page in addition to the numerous books and articles I have read on the subject.
    And on that page you discovered it was all about land?

  9. #279
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    So who has committed the most terrorism against the British people, American people, Australian people, Iraqi people, Afghanistan people, Pakistani people and the Indian people? The Tamil Tigers or Muslims?
    My uncle bob, hes a real jerk.

  10. #280
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    no.clearly, you are unable to rebut the points i made

    i distinguished between a hearing about the KKK's terrorism and a hearing about moslems who have done nothing wrong. you failed to apprehend the distinction. no surprise [/sarcasm]
    You don't have to be sarcastic, because your comparison wasn't valid, which is why I didn't bother with it and explained why it was invalid. If it was valid, I'd be happy to rebutt it.

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    any observer who watched the hearings knows what they were actually about, no matter how much that IRA terrorist supporting congressman pretends otherwise.
    The IRA was not part of the hearings and I was one of the "any observers" and did not see your accusation fulfilled.

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    it was a public demonization of a religion. as with many reich wing matters, one must examine the real actions instead of the misleading descriptive words. the words are only there to deceive the gullible who choose not to examine the actions
    Bored already. Take your ideological political nonsense elsewhere. Like I said, you cannot honestly address the issue and would rather stick your fingers in your ears and scream.

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    i understand your opposition to my comparison, where it is noteworthy that white Christians - those not affiliated with white supremacists - were not similarly summoned to appear before the congress to explain why members of their Christian religion engage in racial terrorism
    that direct comparison undermines your argument. continue to whine about it as that tells me you are pissed off at losing the debate
    White, green, blue... all irrelevant. The comparison is invalid... please provide proof of suicide bomber Christians killing thousands over the past 30 years. When you don't address this... try, just try to realizing how stupid your alleged comparison is.

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    the congress should be investigating terrorism
    but it instead diverts its time and resources to pursue a divisive, partisan, destructive attack on innocent members of the islamic faith
    Partisan? LOL. Pot meet kettle... and pretty rich coming from you on this subject in this thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    congress has no reason to summon before it innocent practitioners of the islamic religion to have them explain why they tolerate those who practice the same faith. that is like asking you why you tolerate the pedophiles who practice your religious beliefs, despite your not having any knowledge of those perverts or their actions
    Congress can call hearings about whatever they feel is reasonable - and this was reasonable given the past 30 years.

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    sadly, osama bin forgotten is the George Washington of the disenfranchised moslem world. when, by our nation's actions, we give credibility to his pronouncements against us, his fatwas, we assist his ability to recruit more prospective terrorists. if this were only theatre
    Not sure what this means - it probably means nothing like most of your alleged points on this subject. Carry on your partisan political nonsense ... power to the people brotha! [/sarcasm]
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •