Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 334

Thread: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

  1. #261
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Travelsonic View Post
    1. IMO the term "ground zero mosque," saying AT or ON [as opposed to near] ground zero, etc is blatantly misleading, can/does lead to skewed poll results.
    2. Who cares? The right to exercise one's religious practice peacefully [even if in a distasteful but legal fashion] isn't decided by majority rule.
    All the posts and interviews I saw on the subject, everyone agreed they had the "right" to build there. The question was, why was it so important to build there in a place where so many Americans were against it. It sure wasn't to reach out and assimilate with non-Muslims as they said. If that was the reason they would have been willing to move it when they found how hurtful it was going to be in that location.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  2. #262
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    I disagree. We need to study how al-Qaeda uses Islam as a tool to recruit members. A study of Islam is not necessary because it is not the foundation of terrorism. The desire to get the United States off of the Persian Gulf is the foundation - most scholars of suicide terrorism generally agree on this after extensive studies on al-Qaeda that its members are motivated by political reasons more than religious ones.

    I honestly think everyone in America should read this book:
    Amazon.com: Dying to Win: The Strategic Logic of Suicide Terrorism (9781400063178): Robert Pape: Books

    It's written by a professor who has done the most comprehensive examination of all suicide terrorism, including al-Qaeda.

    Yes, yes Pape was mentioned earlier....So one liberal prof from Chicago says this and you instantly fall for it as gospel? whew, talk about easily led.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #263
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    So you believe there have been no links between Islam and terrorism in recent years?

    Perhaps you want to change whatever media you've subscribbed to. There's actually been quite a lot of terrorism with links to Islam. Really.
    The leading organization for suicide terrorism is the Tamil Tigers, they aren't Muslim. In fact, they hate Muslims.

    Relative to the U.S., yes, terrorism is mostly linked to Islam. What you are failing to understand or acknowledge, however, is that Muslim terrorists do not attack because of Islam, they attack because of political motivations (i.e. they want the U.S. to get the **** off of their territory).

  4. #264
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yes, yes Pape was mentioned earlier....So one liberal prof from Chicago says this and you instantly fall for it as gospel? whew, talk about easily led.


    j-mac
    Robert Pape is a Republican/Libertarian.

    He was named Ron Paul's foreign policy advisor during the 2008 elections. The reason he supported Ron Paul was because Paul wanted to end American intervention in the Middle East. You just proved that you have no interest in examining other people's ideas and no interest in the truth.

    http://www.businesswire.com/portal/s...61&newsLang=en

  5. #265
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,145

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    But when the terrorism is based upon Islam, one needs to address both to be able to understand its nature.
    then you could not be opposed to a congressional inquiry about the jewish government of israel and the terrorism it projects. you will soon be reminded of your above quote in another forum area
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  6. #266
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    you're welcome
    don't you find it sad that 2/3 of americans, including half the members of his own party, don't believe their president on something as personal and private as what he says is his own faith

    i hear millions of your neighbors aren't convinced he was even born in the usa

    how'd potus get himself in so peculiar a spot

    oh well, keep posting your opinions, they're powerful

    you're sure to get thru in time

  7. #267
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    The leading organization for suicide terrorism is the Tamil Tigers, they aren't Muslim. In fact, they hate Muslims.
    The war between the Sri Lankan Government and the Tamil Tigers is pretty much restricted to Sri Lanka and has had little comparative impact on the international community. Islamists, on the other hand, have committed terrorism everywhere, including against other Muslims. Have you any understanding why the Tamil Tigers "hate" Muslims?
    Relative to the U.S., yes, terrorism is mostly linked to Islam.
    And that's why we are talking about the US and Islamic terrorism, not the Tamil Tigers.

    What you are failing to understand or acknowledge, however, is that Muslim terrorists do not attack because of Islam, they attack because of political motivations (i.e. they want the U.S. to get the **** off of their territory
    Perhaps you are unfamiliar with the Koran, or that many Muslims are shouting "Allah Akbar" while they are murdering innocent people. Who told you that it is all about wanting the US off their territory?? If that was the case why would Islamic terrorism be international? They are killing people on every continent, with the exception perhaps of the Antarctica. And if Islamic terrorists want Americans off "their territory", would the democracies be right by murdering Muslims on "their territory"?

    Because Islamic terrorists have killed many Americans in the United States, and have attempted to kill many more, the government is doing what it is supposed to do, which is to investigate how and why it is happening and what possible actions might be taken to prevent further acts of terrorism. The Muslim community should certainly understand this.

  8. #268
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Robert Pape is a Republican/Libertarian.

    He was named Ron Paul's foreign policy advisor during the 2008 elections. The reason he supported Ron Paul was because Paul wanted to end American intervention in the Middle East. You just proved that you have no interest in examining other people's ideas and no interest in the truth.

    Suicide Terrorism Expert Professor Robert Pape Named Ron Paul 2008 Foreign Policy Advisor

    Ron Paul....Hmmmm. Wasn't he wooing a lot of students to his side in '08 by claiming that America was at fault for the attacks on 9/11?

    Blaming America first will not do the trick it seems.....lol.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #269
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    then you could not be opposed to a congressional inquiry about the jewish government of israel and the terrorism it projects. you will soon be reminded of your above quote in another forum area
    Speaking of Jewish terrorists.

    Dead Jews Is No News - By Mark Steyn - The Corner - National Review Online

  10. #270
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    clearly, you don't 'get' it
    Clearly your changing the subject. You asked Vance to provide information of a similar hearing - I stepped in and provided that information. There was a need at the time, congressional meetings were held, laws were passed, and you were proven wrong.

    Now, let's get back to the issue at hand...

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    it was a hearing about islam and why its members are not preventing terrorists from developing within the practitioners of that faith
    Wrong. I addressed this in Post #89 as to what this hearing was about, and King identified it up front in the first 20 seconds of the hearing. If you wish to continue to provide misinformation about the purpose and goal of the congressional meeting, and cannot honestly address why it was held, I'll continue to correct you.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1059343066

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    if the congress had convened a hearing about the white members of the Christian faith and why the Christians were not preventing KKK members from developing within the membership of that faith, THEN we would have a direct comparable
    The injection of race is irrelevant and ad hominem. Christians are not and have not been strapping bombs on their backs and killing tens of thousands of people - your comparison doesn't have a direct equivilent, and therefore is a red herring.

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    but we have not seen that. our congress has chosen to publicly criticize the muslim community.
    Congress has chosen to publicly investigate a very real problem that some, some, are ignoring for political reasons. Gotta keep those minorities votin' for the Democrats, right?

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    and be assured, such action does not bode well for us in the muslim community of the middle east and elsewhere. such actions only serve to validate for them the fatwas issued by osama bin forgotten, which describe the USA as being opposed to things muslim
    Meh. Unless one can look at facts honestly and address them, it's all just theater.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •