Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 334

Thread: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

  1. #251
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    Hey now, there have been some respectable racists in history...
    Talk about a devil's advocate

  2. #252
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,122

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    even tho you and your friends post so often, odd

    maybe if you linked more you'd have more credibility

    either way, it appears you have lots of work to do

    good luck
    i gather from your post the intent to wave the white flag of surrender

    in recognition that my cite and its provided statistics rendered your argument beyond foolish

    delighted to have helped. you're welcome
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  3. #253
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    I believe the bigots and xenophobes dubbed it the 'Ground Zero Mosque'. Perhaps you were out of the country when Fox News was scaring viewers with that boogey man. They've moved on to NPR now.

    No, the far lefties dubbed the mosque, a rec center.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  4. #254
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    i gather from your post the intent to wave the white flag of surrender

    in recognition that my cite and its provided statistics rendered your argument beyond foolish
    No, it is you who have raised the white flag of surrender.

    "but we have not seen that. our congress has chosen to publicly criticize the muslim community. and be assured, such action does not bode well for us in the muslim community of the middle east and elsewhere. such actions only serve to validate for them the fatwas issued by osama bin forgotten, which describe the USA as being opposed to things muslim"

    It is you who are so fearful of Muslims and fatwas that you worry about having an inquiry into Islamism in the United States. That is preemptive surrender. This is why the Muslims have so many people everywhere spooked. Terrorism works, and you are good evidence of that.

  5. #255
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    I would say a protest is legitimate when those involved have a grasp on the facts and reality.

    And who might you be to judge reality? In fact since my appearing here at DP I don't think I have ever seen you fully grounded in such a concept.

    Otherwise, it's just impotent rage.
    Well, you would know.

    Case in point--fear and paranoia drummed up by right-wing media only succeeds in dividing people.
    Oh, you mean the way that liberal media, (which is nearly all of it) did with WI? I see.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #256
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    No, it is you who have raised the white flag of surrender.

    "but we have not seen that. our congress has chosen to publicly criticize the muslim community. and be assured, such action does not bode well for us in the muslim community of the middle east and elsewhere. such actions only serve to validate for them the fatwas issued by osama bin forgotten, which describe the USA as being opposed to things muslim"

    It is you who are so fearful of Muslims and fatwas that you worry about having an inquiry into Islamism in the United States. That is preemptive surrender. This is why the Muslims have so many people everywhere spooked. Terrorism works, and you are good evidence of that.
    Most of us want inquiries into terrorism - Islam is not the same thing.

  7. #257
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Most of us want inquiries into terrorism - Islam is not the same thing.
    But when the terrorism is based upon Islam, one needs to address both to be able to understand its nature.
    Last edited by Gardener; 03-15-11 at 12:31 PM.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  8. #258
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Most of us want inquiries into terrorism - Islam is not the same thing.
    It's the leader today.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #259
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Most of us want inquiries into terrorism - Islam is not the same thing.
    So you believe there have been no links between Islam and terrorism in recent years?

    Perhaps you want to change whatever media you've subscribbed to. There's actually been quite a lot of terrorism with links to Islam. Really.

  10. #260
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    But when the terrorism is based upon Islam, one needs to address both to be able to understand its nature.
    I disagree. We need to study how al-Qaeda uses Islam as a tool to recruit members. A study of Islam is not necessary because it is not the foundation of terrorism. The desire to get the United States off of the Persian Gulf is the foundation - most scholars of suicide terrorism generally agree on this after extensive studies on al-Qaeda that its members are motivated by political reasons more than religious ones.

    I honestly think everyone in America should read this book:
    Amazon.com: Dying to Win: The Strategic Logic of Suicide Terrorism (9781400063178): Robert Pape: Books

    It's written by a professor who has done the most comprehensive examination of all suicide terrorism, including al-Qaeda.

Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •