Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 334

Thread: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

  1. #241
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,124

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    i aint sayin nothin

    71% of NEW YORKERS are
    so, that was not your post identifying the 71% opposition to the mosque near ground zero

    too clever by half
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  2. #242
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    did you know that when the mosque controversy was at its hottest, last august, just before obama and rauf and the msm dropped the whole thing, pew found that 66% of americans, including 54% of democrats, did NOT believe the president's protestations that he is a christian

    Growing Number of Americans Falsely Believe President Obama is Muslim - Political Punch

    ouch

    that's got to be embarrassing---to someone

    how could so many dems think such a thing?

  3. #243
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,124

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    did you know that when the mosque controversy was at its hottest, last august, just before obama and rauf and the msm dropped the whole thing, pew found that 66% of americans, including 54% of democrats, did NOT believe the president's protestations that he is a christian

    Growing Number of Americans Falsely Believe President Obama is Muslim - Political Punch

    ouch

    that's got to be embarrassing---to someone

    how could so many dems think such a thing?
    here is the data. and it is embarrassing as an American to recognize that so many fellow citizens, like congressman king, are so bigoted:
    Twenty-eight percent of voters do not believe Muslims should be eligible to sit on the U.S. Supreme Court. Nearly one-third of the country thinks adherents of Islam should be barred from running for President a slightly higher percentage than the 24% who mistakenly believe the current occupant of the Oval Office is himself a Muslim.
    TIME Poll: 61% of Americans Oppose 'Ground Zero Mosque' - TIME

    and here is another point which should be found embarrassing: being unable to understand simple poll data

    the reader must question whether that individual is inept ... or dishonest ... or both. none of those options would be found other than embarrassing
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  4. #244
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    The govt regularly investigates white supremacy groups. No one gets up in arms over the examining of radiosterilized bikers. Likewise, Italian Americans are regularly investigated and targeted under organized crime statutes.. White and Italian Americans dont get upset with the police agencies, they support and celebrate it. No one freaks out. Muslims today say that they, not congress should be going after the radical islams in the US. Well? Waiting!!!!

  5. #245
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,124

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    The govt regularly investigates white supremacy groups.
    but i have never seen the congress convene a hearing of white citizens who do not practice supremacy hate and chastise them for allowing their fellow white citizens to engage in such abhorrent practices
    i invite you to prove me wrong

    No one gets up in arms over the examining of radiosterilized bikers.
    i must confess i have no idea what you are describing here ... but i would want to. please elaborate for my benefit

    Likewise, Italian Americans are regularly investigated and targeted under organized crime statutes.
    if you will point me to a congressional hearing where the italian community - represented by those who were not associated with the mob - was called to task for allowing organized crime to be disproportionately present within that italian culture, then you would have a valid point. i will await your showing us evidence that such a congressional hearing was conducted

    White and Italian Americans dont get upset with the police agencies, they support and celebrate it. No one freaks out.
    if you initiated a congressional hearing, bringing in those citizens of italian heritage who are not involved with the cosa nostra, and criticized the italian American people for allowing the mafia to operate unhindered within that italian American community, my prediction is you would not see much italian American support for such an inquisition

    we would have a similar outcry if the congress held a public hearing, bringing in catholics who do not bomb abortion clinics, and then reprimand them for their failure to prevent anti-abortion terrorists from being among the practitioners of the catholic faith

    Muslims today say that they, not congress should be going after the radical islams in the US. Well? Waiting!!!!
    please show us where the muslims say they will assume responsibility for policing the practitioners of the islamic faith to assure no terrorists will be found within their ranks
    you foolishly pretend that our government has been requested by muslims to turn over protecting our nation from terrorists of the islamic faith to those who practice that faith
    but prove me wrong, show me that is a fact instead of your wrongheaded imagination
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  6. #246
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    but i have never seen the congress convene a hearing of white citizens who do not practice supremacy hate and chastise them for allowing their fellow white citizens to engage in such abhorrent practices
    i invite you to prove me wrong
    It was quite a long time ago, but Congress did hold hearings on the KKK right after the civil war when violence against blacks in America rose to such a level. This resulted in the enforcement of the 14th amendment and the passing of the Civil Rights Act of 1871 or the Force Act of 1871, which allowed the president to suspend the writ of habeus corpus to cull the KKK's activities in America. When there was a problem, Congress held hearings, took action - what happened then to the black people and ex-slaves in America would today be calleed "terrorism" against a segment of America's population.

    Read more: Ku Klux Klan Act - Further Readings - Court, Civil, Rights, Federal, Law, and Kkk Ku Klux Klan Act - Further Readings - Court, Civil, Rights, Federal, Law, and Kkk
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  7. #247
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    here is the data. and it is embarrassing as an American to recognize that so many fellow citizens, like congressman king, are so bigoted
    even tho you and your friends post so often, odd

    maybe if you linked more you'd have more credibility

    either way, it appears you have lots of work to do

    good luck

  8. #248
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    even tho you and your friends post so often, odd

    maybe if you linked more you'd have more credibility

    either way, it appears you have lots of work to do

    good luck
    oh really.

  9. #249
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    do you remember when obama's pentagon worked so hard to whitewash the fort hood assassinations

    Fort Hood Report: No Mention of Islam, Hasan Not Named - TIME

    that too was odd

  10. #250
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,124

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    It was quite a long time ago, but Congress did hold hearings on the KKK right after the civil war when violence against blacks in America rose to such a level. This resulted in the enforcement of the 14th amendment and the passing of the Civil Rights Act of 1871 or the Force Act of 1871, which allowed the president to suspend the writ of habeus corpus to cull the KKK's activities in America. When there was a problem, Congress held hearings, took action - what happened then to the black people and ex-slaves in America would today be calleed "terrorism" against a segment of America's population.

    Read more: Ku Klux Klan Act - Further Readings - Court, Civil, Rights, Federal, Law, and Kkk Ku Klux Klan Act - Further Readings - Court, Civil, Rights, Federal, Law, and Kkk
    clearly, you don't 'get' it

    that hearing was about the KKK
    its legitimate counterpart would have been a hearing about terrorism

    but it wasn't. it was a hearing about islam and why its members are not preventing terrorists from developing within the practitioners of that faith

    if the congress had convened a hearing about the white members of the Christian faith and why the Christians were not preventing KKK members from developing within the membership of that faith, THEN we would have a direct comparable

    but we have not seen that. our congress has chosen to publicly criticize the muslim community.

    and be assured, such action does not bode well for us in the muslim community of the middle east and elsewhere. such actions only serve to validate for them the fatwas issued by osama bin forgotten, which describe the USA as being opposed to things muslim

    but what do you care how they see us. it's not as if they can attack us or anything [9/11 sarcasm]
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •