Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 334

Thread: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

  1. #191
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Jesus you two.

    Poorer Countries are more susceptable to extremism and violence simply because of their situation.

    Look at Africa...
    And why are these countries poorer? Can you address that?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #192
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,317
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    I'm not saying it's the only determining factor.

    But it certainly doesn't help in countries that don't have the ability to educate all of their kids...

    What I'm trying to show you, is that the fact that they're muslim is not the only determining factor in becoming a terrorist.

  3. #193
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    I disagree with Jasser. That's like saying Christians are the only people who can stop radical Christians from murdering doctors who perform abortions. Every group has fringe members, the government is doing it's best to catch them early enough.
    If someone is thinking about killing an abortion doctor, perhaps the ones to possibly prevent it would be a right to life org. I would certainly hope they would if they noticed a member who seemed "off". However, I think for the most part these guys are lone wolves. Did they even go to church? Were they involved in any pro-life groups?
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  4. #194
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Jesus you two.

    Poorer Countries are more susceptable to extremism and violence simply because of their situation.

    Look at Africa...
    "Their situation" would certainly have to include a lack of education, tribalism, corruption, and religion.

    If they are pissed I beleve the Western World, who has been sending aid to these people for decades, with only terrorism in return, should be doubly pissed.

  5. #195
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    I'm not saying it's the only determining factor.

    But it certainly doesn't help in countries that don't have the ability to educate all of their kids...

    What I'm trying to show you, is that the fact that they're muslim is not the only determining factor in becoming a terrorist.
    It certainly doesn't seem to be a deterrent though.

  6. #196
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    I responded directly to your statements! If they are not part of the topic then why did you enter them here?
    The amount of people killed by radical Muslims vs. radical Christians is irrelevant to the discussion of whether or not moderate Muslims are able to prevent people from becoming radical Muslims. It doesn't matter many people Muslim terrorists have killed because moderate Muslims bear no responsibility or even ability to control them.

    And Jetboogieman is right, poorer countries are more susceptable to extremism and violence much in the same way that crime exists more in poor neighborhoods of the U.S.

    edit: I do apologize if I misunderstood your intent in asking me the question. My brash response wasn't necessary if that's the case.
    Last edited by ThePlayDrive; 03-14-11 at 05:53 PM.

  7. #197
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    I disagree with Jasser. That's like saying Christians are the only people who can stop radical Christians from murdering doctors who perform abortions. Every group has fringe members, the government is doing it's best to catch them early enough .

    What they want to do is prevent the radicalization. Then there would be no need for the government to "catch" them at all.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  8. #198
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    One has to look at the Geopolitical situation to see why this occurs.

    Again the causation is not with Islam.

    Western World - Well off
    Middle East - Not Well off and really, really pissed off.
    That doesn't explain the radicalization of American youth, which was what the hearings were about.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  9. #199
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    The amount of people killed by radical Muslims vs. radical Christians is irrelevant to the discussion
    It becomes relevant when posters try to compare Christian terrorists with Islamic terrorists. You should discourage that comparison whenever you can if you would attempt to defend Muslims.
    It doesn't matter many people Muslim terrorists have killed because moderate Muslims bear no responsibility or even ability to control them.
    Yes, they do. Too many of they remain silent in the face of Islamic terrorism or they, and their cohorts on the far Left, complain of "Islamophobia" when people do complain, or inquire as to just what's going on in the Muslim communities.

    And Jetboogieman is right, poorer countries are more susceptable to extremism and violence much in the same way that crime exists more in poor neighborhoods of the U.S.
    If they are extreme or violent then they will be met with extreme violence and have no cause to complain.. And if they get so upset at some questions being asked then these people are not ready for adulthood either.

    edit: I do apologize if I misunderstood your intent in asking me the question. My brash response wasn't necessary if that's the case.
    No need to apologize, but thanks anyway. You give it your best shot and I''ll give it mine.

  10. #200
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Jesus you two.

    Poorer Countries are more susceptable to extremism and violence simply because of their situation.

    Look at Africa...
    The would be underwear Xmas bomber was anything but poor.
    Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Abdulmutallab is the youngest of the 16 children[4] of Alhaji Umaru Mutallab, one of the richest men in Africa and the prominent former Chairman of First Bank of Nigeria and former Nigerian Federal Commissioner for Economic Development.[4][5][6] His Nigerian mother, Aisha, is the second of his father's two wives.[7]
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •