Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 334

Thread: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

  1. #101
    Student Marshabar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    11-09-13 @ 10:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    293

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    here is how it can be a bad thing
    the muslims - who may now believe they are being unfairly singled out - may be less inclined to expose the prospective terrorists within their group than if we were evenhanded about this matter

    the muslims abroad are watching. and if they see that we impose a double standard against the interests of America's muslims then it will confirm what osama bin forgotten has been expressing in his fatwas. such actions will provide him more credibility and less for America
    You honestly think that Muslims need an excuse to kill Westerners? You honestly think there is anything you can do to dissuade them? You honestly think there is anything you can do to persuade them? Guantanamo and Congressional hearings don't make suicide killers, a warped ideology, bribes from Saudis make suicide killers and rape makes suicide killers.

    You can love them all you want. They won't love you back.

    Rape. Here I'll give you a source you can respect: Forced suicide bombers. This is terrible - Democratic Underground

  2. #102
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    I can see it but the IRA and Al Qaeda are two entirely different animals.
    ... and how's that, exactly?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  3. #103
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    There are differences obviously, but at the end of the day terrorism is terrorism wherever its found. If you kill innocents you should be condemned, no matter the cause. That's just my two cents.
    I agree, condemnation all around.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  4. #104
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    ... and how's that, exactly?
    Well, the IRA is a paramilitary organization which was primarily localized to the British Isles and wanted self-government and independence from England. This went through a civil war in Ireland. Al Qaeda is a group not fighting for independence of a government, or because they are oppressed - nor is it for religion freedoms and we know that their operations are world wide.

    There's way too much to educate you on Deuce, you might try reading a book about both and reassessing. If you think the IRA and Al Qaeda are the same... that's said out of ignorance, so I excuse you for that.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  5. #105
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Well, the IRA is a paramilitary organization which was primarily localized to the British Isles and wanted self-government and independence from England. This went through a civil war in Ireland. Al Qaeda is a group not fighting for independence of a government, or because they are oppressed - nor is it for religion freedoms and we know that their operations are world wide.

    There's way too much to educate you on Deuce, you might try reading a book about both and reassessing. If you think the IRA and Al Qaeda are the same... that's said out of ignorance, so I excuse you for that.
    Gotta agree with Ockham here. However that doesn't take away from the fact that during the Troubles, the IRA, either deliberately or through negligence, ended up killing civilians in the course of their violence as well.

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Terrorism and suicide terrorism are the choice and likely only effective strategy to wriggle concessions from the occupying democratic states. Note that until the war on terror almost all suicide bombings were against democratic occupations of the terrorist's native territory. I don't remember who published that... pape I think.

  7. #107
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    Terrorism and suicide terrorism are the choice and likely only effective strategy to wriggle concessions from the occupying democratic states. Note that until the war on terror almost all suicide bombings were against democratic occupations of the terrorist's native territory. I don't remember who published that... pape I think.
    If I recall correctly, out of all the terrorists that were involved in 9/11, the United States was occupying none of their home countries. Pape is a good academic but if that's his actual thesis it is irrelevant here.
    Last edited by StillBallin75; 03-11-11 at 08:12 PM.

  8. #108
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    If I recall correctly, out of all the terrorists that were involved in 9/11, the United States was occupying none of their home countries. Pape is a good academic but if that's his actual thesis it is irrelevant here.
    1. It's not irrelevant because the particularity of a terrorist's home state does not discount his reasons for joining al-Qaeda and doing its bidding. Al-Qaeda recruits its members primarily from the standpoint of American presence in the Persian Gulf as a general area.

    2. Nevertheless, 15 out of 19 were from Saudi Arabia. The United States had a military presence there until 2003.

    BBC NEWS | Middle East | US pulls out of Saudi Arabia

    USATODAY.com - Official: 15 of 19 Sept. 11 hijackers were Saudi

  9. #109
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    1. It's not irrelevant because the particularity of a terrorist's home state does not discount his reasons for joining al-Qaeda and doing its bidding. Al-Qaeda recruits its members primarily from the standpoint of American presence in the Persian Gulf as a general area.

    2. Nevertheless, 15 out of 19 were from Saudi Arabia. The United States had a military presence there until 2003.

    BBC NEWS | Middle East | US pulls out of Saudi Arabia

    USATODAY.com - Official: 15 of 19 Sept. 11 hijackers were Saudi
    Ah true my mistake. You're entirely correct playdrive. forgot about that. But there's still an unsubtle difference between having a military presence and occupation/oppression.

  10. #110
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Muslim 'radicalization' hearing a success, say Rep. Peter King, Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    Ah true my mistake. You're entirely correct playdrive. forgot about that. But there's still an unsubtle difference between having a military presence and occupation/oppression.
    Terrorists think they've welcomed the devil to their door really. Hence they kill cooperating muslims =\.

Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •