Page 93 of 198 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast
Results 921 to 930 of 1973

Thread: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights withou

  1. #921
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Right, it is called a conflict of interest, state public union employees should have the same rights as federal worker employees and vice versa. Federal Union employees don't have full collective bargaining rights, why? What is it that Congress and the President knows that the states don't?

    Sorry for the so called insults but you sound rather young and naive when it comes to economics and political issues.
    Your apology obviously wasn't a real one, but I appreciate the effort and I don't need it to be honest. I am confident in what I know because I have taken the time become informed about this issue and because I take time to understand your points and deconstruct them rather than insult you for believing them. Nothing you say about me will affect this. You should also know that people can be informed and disagree with you.

    The fact remains, you have no claim to a teacher's money or to a police officer's money or to a firefighter's money. The only thing that your taxes buy is their work. They are not slaves; they are employees. They work for money. Labor in exchange for money.
    Last edited by ThePlayDrive; 03-13-11 at 04:26 PM.

  2. #922
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Two different issues, one, the paycheck which comes from the taxpayer and the other how that money is spent which is no one else's business. You and others continue to miss the point intentionally I might add, no taxpayers no public employees. taxpayers of Wisconsin pay for all public employees and their benefits.

    You don't work for a pubic union therefore aren't paid for by the taxpayers. You are paid out of the products your company sells. Amazing that you and others don't understand where your paycheck comes from.

    The issue is public union employees forced into a union thus forced to give their money in dues, dues which come from their paychecks which come from the taxpayers. Thus taxpayer money is being used to fund the union management and all union expenses including campaign contributions.
    what you advocate is like that restaurant owner in ohio tried to pull before the last elections...put that little note with the paycheck kinda hinting at who they should vote for if they wanted to keep their jobs....no conservative, it is wages earned, these workers provide a service for the tax payers, of which they also are. ....without them, government doesnt function. what they earn is their own, and regardless of the source, is theirs to spend as they please...drop your bs argument, you have no right telling anyone that because they work for 'A', that they can't spend their money on 'B'. seriously, who the hell do you think you are to dictate terms to people on how they can spend their income?

  3. #923
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,297

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Your apology obviously wasn't a real one, but I appreciate the effort and I don't need it to be honest. I am confident in what I know because I have taken the time become informed about this issue and because I take time to understand your points and deconstruct them rather than insult you for believing them. Nothing you say about me will affect this. You should also know that people can be informed and disagree with you.

    The fact remains, you have no claim to a teacher's money or to a police officer's money or to a firefighter's money. The only thing that your taxes buy is their work. They are not slaves; they are employees. They work for money. Labor in exchange for money.
    I have the choice not to live in a particular district or a particular state thus a choice on whether or not to pay taxes that funds those teachers or those police and firefighters. People in Wisconsin do not have a choie to join a union and that union gives them full collective bargaining rights which Federal union employees don't have and there is a reason for that. So the real issue here is should State public union employees be forced into a union thus forced to contribute to those unions which means taxpayer dollars going to fund campaign contributions? I do not support collective bargaining rights for public employees either Federal or state.

  4. #924
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,297

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    what you advocate is like that restaurant owner in ohio tried to pull before the last elections...put that little note with the paycheck kinda hinting at who they should vote for if they wanted to keep their jobs....no conservative, it is wages earned, these workers provide a service for the tax payers, of which they also are. ....without them, government doesnt function. what they earn is their own, and regardless of the source, is theirs to spend as they please...drop your bs argument, you have no right telling anyone that because they work for 'A', that they can't spend their money on 'B'. seriously, who the hell do you think you are to dictate terms to people on how they can spend their income?
    You ought to be thankful for a union and I can see why. Without it you would be unemployed. The private sector can do whatever it wants to do and what they will do is if forced into a union will either move or go out of business. Unions have outlived their usefulness as evidence by less than 12% of the workforce being unionized. unions, like the Democrat party, want people dependent. I live in a state where teachers aren't public union employees and is a right to work state. People have a choice here something that scares the hell out of unions. We cannot allow people to think for themselves, can we?

  5. #925
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,074

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Wrong, when you get money for working in the public sector it is money that the taxpayers paid to those employees since the govt. produces nothing of value except a service required by the taxpayers.
    What an amazing statement. You don't get anything of value from government employees except the service for the taxpayers. Simply amazing. And you consider that an indictment and a statement of something negative.

    The way the right wing mind works is one of the real mysteries of life since it depends completely and totally on a belief system that denies much of reality. In this case, it dismisses the value of the service to the taxpayer and tries to pretend that it is insignificant.

    You ought to be thankful for a union and I can see why. Without it you would be unemployed.
    WOW!!!! And nothing like a personal insult cutting one to the core on a nice Sunday afternoon. The union does not hire anyone outside of those who make up a small staff who work for it. What it does do is attempt to represent those who management hires.

    this is just more of the same old crap from Turtle who needs badly to chang..... wait..... sorry Turtle ..... this came from Conservative who seems to be violating the copyright on your same ideas. either that or you both owe Lew Rockwell a dinner.
    Last edited by haymarket; 03-13-11 at 04:43 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #926
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You ought to be thankful for a union and I can see why. Without it you would be unemployed. The private sector can do whatever it wants to do and what they will do is if forced into a union will either move or go out of business. Unions have outlived their usefulness as evidence by less than 12% of the workforce being unionized. unions, like the Democrat party, want people dependent. I live in a state where teachers aren't public union employees and is a right to work state. People have a choice here something that scares the hell out of unions. We cannot allow people to think for themselves, can we?
    my shop is balls to the wall with work, and guess what conservative...WE ARE UNIONIZED!!!! now, to get you back on topic, as is your usual, you are off track...again, who the hell are you to dictate what someone can spend their wages on?

  7. #927
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I have the choice not to live in a particular district or a particular state thus a choice on whether or not to pay taxes that funds those teachers or those police and firefighters. People in Wisconsin do not have a choie to join a union and that union gives them full collective bargaining rights which Federal union employees don't have and there is a reason for that. So the real issue here is should State public union employees be forced into a union thus forced to contribute to those unions which means taxpayer dollars going to fund campaign contributions? I do not support collective bargaining rights for public employees either Federal or state.
    You just switched arguments, actually topics, completely. Now we're talking about the 'real issue'? Please. (oh and btw, I've said in this thread or another, I can't remember that I think people should have the choice to opt out of being in a union).

    I win.
    Last edited by ThePlayDrive; 03-13-11 at 04:45 PM.

  8. #928
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,297

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    What an amazing statement. You don't get anything of value from government employees except the service for the taxpayers. Simply amazing. And you consider that an indictment and a statement of something negative.

    The way the right wing mind works is one of the real mysteries of life since it depends completely and totally on a belief system that denies much of reality. In this case, it dismisses the value of the service to the taxpayer and tries to pretend that it is insignificant.



    WOW!!!! And nothing like a personal insult cutting one to the core on a nice Sunday afternoon. The union does not hire anyone outside of those who make up a small staff who work for it. What it does do is attempt to represent those who management hires.

    this is just more of the same old crap from Turtle who needs badly to chang..... wait..... sorry Turtle ..... this came from Conservative who seems to be violating the copyright on your same ideas. either that or you both owe Lew Rockwell a dinner.
    Less than 12% of the work force is union, gee, wonder why? You are an example of the public employees I am talking about. IMO, you have little respect for the people paying your salary.

  9. #929
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,297

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    my shop is balls to the wall with work, and guess what conservative...WE ARE UNIONIZED!!!! now, to get you back on topic, as is your usual, you are off track...again, who the hell are you to dictate what someone can spend their wages on?
    You don't seem to get it, unions have chosen how Wisconsin workers spend their money, they have no choice but to spend it on union dues if they want the job. Guess that is ok in your book, forced union membership and forced dues. Makes it great for those high priced union management jobs, doesn't it?

  10. #930
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Less than 12% of the work force is union, gee, wonder why? You are an example of the public employees I am talking about. IMO, you have little respect for the people paying your salary.
    just because someone pays his salary doesnt entitle them to tell him what to do with it, how to spend it....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •