Page 84 of 198 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184 ... LastLast
Results 831 to 840 of 1973

Thread: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights withou

  1. #831
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Since WHEN is a TAX CUT part of a budget? A budget has to do with Expenditures.
    A budget represents both expenditures and income, not just expenditures. You are leaving out half of the budget picture. The temporary tax break for the wealthy because it was unfunded cut revenues by the same amount. By eliminating this temporary tax break for wealthy, you have much more income to pay your bills, that has increased in part due to unfunded temporary tax cuts for the wealthy.

    If we are ever to address our debt, just as one would have to do in their personal budget, we will have to both increase our revenues and cut our spending. We have found after 30 years of Reaganomics that the trickle down theory doesn't pay the bills and only drives more and more middle class into the poor category.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  2. #832
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    won't mind a bit ... if they chop alll the tax cuts ... seeing as how everyone one of your liberals keep saying that it was a tax cut for the rich..... shouldn't be a problem to just let them all expire should it?
    Cool beans! I'll happily give up my $100 so those making over $1 million will again be paying their fair share, $93,000 more on average for those making over $1 mil!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #833
    Educator Sgt Meowenstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-22-17 @ 06:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    620

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    What special rights do they have?

    Also, why do non-rich people deserve the earned income credit? Seems to me they have a special right to pay no taxes; plus get a four-figure rebate every year. I mean, it's all about one paying one's fair share. Yes?
    So, paying one's fair share to you means taking away a few thousand in tax credits that greatly benefit poor working families while continuing to give people who earn over a million a $93k tax credit. Got it. Thanks for showing how "fair" the right can be.


  4. #834
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,317

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Cool beans! I'll happily give up my $100 so those making over $1 million will again be paying their fair share, $93,000 more on average for those making over $1 mil!
    I thought it was $91,000. It went up last night?

  5. #835
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,317

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Meowenstein View Post
    So, paying one's fair share to you means taking away a few thousand in tax credits that greatly benefit poor working families while continuing to give people who earn over a million a $93k tax credit. Got it. Thanks for showing how "fair" the right can be.
    What was your tax bill last year? Did you pay your fair share?

    I'm a business operator and you can bet your ass I paid my fair share+. After I paid all my taxes and fees last year, my profit went down to $17,000. Am I one of thos rich, greedy businessmen that you hate so much? I can't get an earned income credit, because I'm self employed.

  6. #836
    Educator Sgt Meowenstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-22-17 @ 06:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    620

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    What was your tax bill last year? Did you pay your fair share?

    I'm a business operator and you can bet your ass I paid my fair share+. After I paid all my taxes and fees last year, my profit went down to $17,000. Am I one of thos rich, greedy businessmen that you hate so much? I can't get an earned income credit, because I'm self employed.
    I paid my share in taxes last year. I'm self-employed as well, and don't qualify for the earned income tax credit, but I know that poor families find it beneficial. Since you ignored the part of my post where I pointed out the hypocrisy in approving of a $93k tax credit for millionares while wanting to take away a few thousand in tax credits from poor families, I guess it's safe to assume that you have no rational explanation as to why you would take such a blatantly hypocritical stand. I understand why you would want to ignore it. It's a big glaring flaw in your argument. In fact, it pretty much destroys your argument. Fair is fair, right? You keep talking about fairness. So, please, tell me how that is fair.


  7. #837
    Sleeper Agent
    iamitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NY, NY
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 01:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    1,836

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    What we really need is for all Americans regardless of political party to wake up up and take a deep breath of reality our jobs and the future of our economy is under attack from within our politIcal structure. Breaking the unions by attacking collective bargaining will be one more nail in the economic coffin facing our nation. Our job opportunities along with our economy is being shipped overseas



    [HTML]http://www.wsws.org/articles/2010/may2010/stud-m28.shtml

    American college graduates find themselves in the harshest economic climate in at least a generation, according to a recently released report by the Economic Policy Institute (EPI). With unemployment levels for new college graduates and non-degreed youth nearly double their 2007 rates, data suggest that a college degree no longer ensures financial stability for graduates in the US.[/HTML]

    [HTML]http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/02/23/us-usa-economy-jobs-poll-idUSTRE61M1OL20100223

    In findings that appear to paint a darker employment picture than official U.S. data, Gallup estimated that about 30 million Americans are underemployed, meaning either jobless or able to find only part-time work.

    Underemployed people spent 36 percent less on household purchases than their fully employed neighbors in January, while six out of 10 were not hopeful about their chances of finding adequate work in the coming month, the poll said.[/HTML]
    It's still much lower than the Unemployment rate for noncollege educated individuals.
    Give a man a fish, or he will destroy the only existing vial of antidote.

  8. #838
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi



    Their back.Now we will see if the Wi. attorney general is a real attorney are a political hack.

    <MADISON, Wis. — They are unlikeliest of folk heroes. >


    <MADISON, Wis. — They are unlikeliest of folk heroes.
    But this group — a dairy farmer, a lawyer, a former truck driver and a woman who is seven months pregnant, among others — which fled this capital nearly a month ago returned on Saturday to the cheers of tens of thousands who once again packed the streets in protest.>

    <“Today, the most shameful 14 people in the state of Wisconsin are going to pat themselves on the back and smile for the cameras,” Scott Fitzgerald, the Republican senate majority leader, said in a statement. “They’re going to pretend they’re heroes for taking a three-week vacation. It is an absolute insult to the hundreds of thousands of Wisconsinites who are struggling to find a job, much less one they can run away from and go down to Illinois — with pay.” >

    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/13/us/13wisconsin.html
    Last edited by Donc; 03-12-11 at 06:35 PM.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  9. #839
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,317

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Cool beans! I'll happily give up my $100 so those making over $1 million will again be paying their fair share, $93,000 more on average for those making over $1 mil!
    You mean, you don't even pay $100 in taxes every year????

  10. #840
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,317

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Meowenstein View Post
    I paid my share in taxes last year. I'm self-employed as well, and don't qualify for the earned income tax credit, but I know that poor families find it beneficial. nce you ignored the part of my post where I pointed out the hypocrisy in approving of a $93k tax credit for millionares while wanting to take away a few thousand in tax credits from poor families, uess it's safe to assume that you have no rational explanation as to why you would take such a blatantly hypocritical stand.nderstand why you would want to ignore it. It's a big glaring flaw in your argument. In fact, it pretty much destroys your argument. Fair is fair, right? You keep talking about fairness. So, please, tell me how that is fair.
    Your bleating about some fantasy $93 thousand dollar tax credit, is what's irrational.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •