Page 28 of 198 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 1973

Thread: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights withou

  1. #271
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,105

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
    Perception=/= reality
    They could have done this with a lot less cahoodles, quietly and most people would probably agree with them.
    they triedt hat. it wasthe unions and their Democrat Lackeys in the senate that made this a national Big Issue, first by fleeing the state and then by holding massive protest rallies.

  2. #272
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    newt.org? the guy who now says his paasion for his country madfe him have an affair? correct or not, i am surprised you would read anything this man puts out.
    Collective bargaining to only be allowed for base pay.
    Union dues not to be collected by the state.
    Annual Secret ballots to keep unions certified.
    UNION DUES TO BECOME VOLUNTARY
    Walker releases details of his budget repair bill
    The state’s civil service system, among the strongest in the country, would remain in place. State and local employees could continue to bargain for base pay, they would not be able to bargain over other compensation measures. Local police, fire and state patrol would be exempted from the changes. Other reforms will include state and local governments not collecting union dues, annual certification will be required in a secret ballot, and any employee can opt out of paying union dues.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  3. #273
    User
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    06-04-12 @ 03:23 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    I've specifically heard Walker say that with this bill, no one will be forced to pay dues which will save them 500-1,000 dollars each year. They can also choose to change heath care insurance and not be forced on the expensive one chosen by the Union.



    I have heard the Wisconsin Republicans and others use this as a way of defending the measures that they are taking. But if the union members lose salary or other benefits greater than this $500-$1000, how does this benefit the union members?

  4. #274
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Hutz View Post
    I've specifically heard Walker say that with this bill, no one will be forced to pay dues which will save them 500-1,000 dollars each year. They can also choose to change heath care insurance and not be forced on the expensive one chosen by the Union.



    I have heard the Wisconsin Republicans and others use this as a way of defending the measures that they are taking. But if the union members lose salary or other benefits greater than this $500-$1000, how does this benefit the union members?
    If the state of Wisconsin cannot afford the Union forced wages and benefits and defaults everyone loses.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  5. #275
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Hutz View Post
    I've specifically heard Walker say that with this bill, no one will be forced to pay dues which will save them 500-1,000 dollars each year. They can also choose to change heath care insurance and not be forced on the expensive one chosen by the Union.



    I have heard the Wisconsin Republicans and others use this as a way of defending the measures that they are taking. But if the union members lose salary or other benefits greater than this $500-$1000, how does this benefit the union members?
    1,500 of them get to keep their jobs.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  6. #276
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Hutz View Post


    I have heard the Wisconsin Republicans and others use this as a way of defending the measures that they are taking. But if the union members lose salary or other benefits greater than this $500-$1000, how does this benefit the union members?
    It will help offset the new costs they will be putting into their pensions and healthcare.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  7. #277
    Sleeper Agent
    iamitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NY, NY
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 01:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    1,836

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    they triedt hat. it wasthe unions and their Democrat Lackeys in the senate that made this a national Big Issue, first by fleeing the state and then by holding massive protest rallies.
    They didn't try that at all. They overreached, plain and simple. When you make democrats show they have any semblance of balls, you're going for some serious ****.
    They could and should have taken this one step at a time. Instead, they went too far and I think they'll see the costs of their mistakes not too far from now.
    Give a man a fish, or he will destroy the only existing vial of antidote.

  8. #278
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,105

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
    They didn't try that at all. They overreached, plain and simple. When you make democrats show they have any semblance of balls, you're going for some serious ****.
    They could and should have taken this one step at a time. Instead, they went too far and I think they'll see the costs of their mistakes not too far from now.
    toofar? theydweont to the poitn where 26 sytatatews are NOW. the federal governmetn is vbeyond eent that. too far? :roll

  9. #279
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,124

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    The Republicans in Wisconsin really evoked class warfare. They cut taxes for the wealthiest and then stripped the collective bargaining rights and political representation of public workers. That just amazes me since I always feel it is the Democrats who are evoking class warfare on the Republicans.

  10. #280
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    The Republicans in Wisconsin really evoked class warfare. They cut taxes for the wealthiest and then stripped the collective bargaining rights and political representation of public workers. That just amazes me since I always feel it is the Democrats who are evoking class warfare on the Republicans.
    Cut taxes on those that pay the most to promote economic growth and put a leash on the public sector unions to keep the budget in line.

    Here's a hint buddy, doing nothing would have dropped the state into an economic black hole. It wasn't class warfare, it was the first steps in fixing the mess of previous administrations.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •