Page 195 of 198 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196197 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 1973

Thread: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights withou

  1. #1941
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by mertex View Post
    Ha,ha! Everything that doesn't agree with your right-wing rhetoric is leftwing propaganda. That is too funny!


    I don't see where there is any difference. Income tax deductions are payroll deductions, are you saying others are paying for my taxes? You are too funny, maybe funny is not the word I should be using, maybe "full of it" would be a better word.



    I did, it is quite clear - you're the one that is failing to understand it or plain refusing to understand it. It is the worker's money.

    Here's another "leftwing" source that says the same thing.

    Simple. The pension plan is the direct result of deferred compensation- money that employees would have been paid as cash salary but choose, instead, to have placed in the state operated pension fund where the money can be professionally invested (at a lower cost of management) for the future.

    Many of us are familiar with the concept of deferred compensation from reading about the latest multi-million dollar deal with some professional athlete. As a means of allowing their ball club to have enough money to operate, lowering their own tax obligations and for other benefits, ball players often defer payment of money they are to be paid to a later date. In the meantime, that money is invested for the ball player’s benefit and then paid over at the time and in the manner agreed to in the contract between the parties.

    Does anyone believe that, in the case of the ball player, the deferred money belongs to the club owner rather than the ball player? Is the owner simply providing this money to the athlete as some sort of gift? Of course not. The money is salary to be paid to the ball player, deferred for receipt at a later date.

    The Wisconsin Lie Exposed – Taxpayers Actually Contribute Nothing To Public Employee Pensions - Rick Ungar - The Policy Page - Forbes

    Apparently you do!


    When you post utter trash and insist that it is truth, there has to be a reason, ignorance seems to jump out!
    Bye, mertex, I am done dealing with kids, argue with yourself or cheerlead some other brainwashed liberal. You are done in my book.

  2. #1942
    Don't Mess With Texas
    mertex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    10-14-14 @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,382

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What happened in Wisconsin was mob violence, show me that kind of activity with the tea party? There is plenty of evidence showing that if you did a little research so what are you afraid of. Google it, union thugs attack legislator. Look at the damage those people did to the capitol and look at the abuse reporters took from those thugs?
    That's amazing - was that violence you are talking about the one where they show "palm trees" in Wisconsin?



    "I have been thinking that I would make a proposition to my Republican friends... that if they will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop telling the truth about them."
    --Adlai Stevenson, Politician





  3. #1943
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Moderator's Warning:
    Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights withoupbrauer and Whovian are now thread banned. The name calling and personal attacks are going to stop, and this means every one. I will hand out as many more thread bans as needed if you all cannot play nice.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #1944
    Don't Mess With Texas
    mertex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    10-14-14 @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,382

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Bye, mertex, I am done dealing with kids, argue with yourself or cheerlead some other brainwashed liberal. You are done in my book.

    What's the matter gramps? Can't handle the truth?



    "I have been thinking that I would make a proposition to my Republican friends... that if they will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop telling the truth about them."
    --Adlai Stevenson, Politician





  5. #1945
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,561

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    If Walker's law stands, the proof will be in the pudding as Wisconsin teachers will no longer have their union dues withheld and will have to write the checks themselves. I believe that they will no longer even have to belong. Is it any wonder the unions have pulled out alllll the stops on this issue? They are running scared.
    Actually, no.
    What you're talking about is a union shop, in which all workers have to belong to the union. The law in Wisconsin is about limiting collective bargaining, a totally different issue.

    I don't know whether Wisconsin has a union shop or not. We don't in California, at least not for teachers.



    I don't know whether Wisconsin has/had a union shop or not.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  6. #1946
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:11 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,952

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I have been spit on, swung at, had lit cigarettes thrown at a gasoline tanker truck I was in, threats made against my family all because I was on the other side of the table in union negotiations. You have seen examples of the union thugs in Wisconsin and I experienced some of that first hand. I also worked on the highway depart in my early years and it was unionized. They sent seven people out to bury a dead dog and did more to get out of work than they did actually working. I knew then I wanted nothing to do with unions.
    And sadly you cannot provide any substantiation for any of this.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #1947
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Actually, no.
    What you're talking about is a union shop, in which all workers have to belong to the union. The law in Wisconsin is about limiting collective bargaining, a totally different issue.

    I don't know whether Wisconsin has a union shop or not. We don't in California, at least not for teachers.



    I don't know whether Wisconsin has/had a union shop or not.
    Yes, Wisconsin is a union shop and the bill signed by Walker requires choice and personal payments for dues, no longer mandatory deductions for union dues and no requirement to join the union. All negotiations have to be done via ballot initiated. All good changes IMO.

  8. #1948
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    And sadly you cannot provide any substantiation for any of this.
    Right, just like you cannot provide substantiation for much of what you post or any of your own claims. I know what happened and don't have to prove a thing to you. There have been enough video and documented evidence on this thread of union thugs, you choose to ignore them and personally question my experience. Says a lot about you.

  9. #1949
    Don't Mess With Texas
    mertex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    10-14-14 @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,382

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Thought all liberals understood the liberal mantra that Republicans want to kill seniors, starve kids, and pollute the air. Your rants are ridiculous as usual. Calling me a liar doesn't do much for your argument either for what I see lie is not another word that you don't know the difference because you distort, divert, and are the one lying in most of your posts.
    Show me where I have posted any lies.

    You keep insisting that union dues are being paid by taxpayers, you've been exposed several times for that lie, yet you continue to post it - I would think the evidence is quite clear who the liar is here.



    "I have been thinking that I would make a proposition to my Republican friends... that if they will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop telling the truth about them."
    --Adlai Stevenson, Politician





  10. #1950
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,561

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yes, Wisconsin is a union shop and the bill signed by Walker requires choice and personal payments for dues, no longer mandatory deductions for union dues and no requirement to join the union. All negotiations have to be done via ballot initiated. All good changes IMO.
    I'm not sure just what "All negotiations have to be done via ballot initiated" means. Yes, open shop is a good idea. The union should be the servant, the teachers the boss. The union members should decide who, if anyone, is to represent them. Outlawing collective bargaining is not a good idea, however.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •