Page 18 of 198 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 1973

Thread: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights withou

  1. #171
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    there was no surplus. in no year did the national debt go down.

    The Myth of the Clinton Surplus according to some guy named Craig
    Fixed that for you.

  2. #172
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    the information is independently verifiable.

    Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)

  3. #173
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,756

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    But does calling for a quorum require them to show up no matter where they are? Or is it up to them if they show up or not? Calling for a quorom and attaining one are two different beasts.

    Edit note: clairfied...
    The rules require them to show up, which they didn't. So, on the other side of the coin, you have the reason that 8 Democrats are among the 16 legislators that recall efforts are underway against.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  4. #174
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Badmutha View Post
    So without the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1993.......the 1990's economy would have tanked.

    .....lol. Are you begining to realize BJ had nothing to do with the economic boom?
    .
    .
    When did I say that? I was asked to name a Clinton policy that contributed to the economic boom. I did - and it was one that contributed greatly. Please tell me where I said that without that policy the economy would have tanked? Please tell me.

  5. #175
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    But does calling for a quorum require them to show up no matter where they are? Or is it up to them if they show up or not? Calling for a quorom and attaining one are two different beasts.

    Edit note: clairfied...
    Yes, assuming that the parliamentary procedures are roughly the same in most state legislatures (I don't know what the rule is in Wisconsin specifically). But generally speaking, if they call for a quorum and members fail to show up, they can be arrested and forcibly taken to the Capitol. They fled to Illinois so that the Wisconsin police couldn't round them up.
    Last edited by Kandahar; 03-09-11 at 11:26 PM.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  6. #176
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    there was no surplus. in no year did the national debt go down.

    The Myth of the Clinton Surplus
    I do NOT believe that you directed me to that website.

  7. #177
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,756

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    the information is independently verifiable.

    Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)

    Yup, you are right on that. When politicians talk about how they are reducing the debt, they are really talking about reducing the rate of growth of the debt. While they can say that they have balanced the budget, they really aren't, but have brought down the rate of increase to zero or better. However, more money is still going out than is coming in.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  8. #178
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    False. The Police and Fire Departments formally backed Scott Walker for governor and then turned on him when he went after collective bargaining. The GOP is overreaching.

    One thing I always thought conservatives could understand was that people don't like it when you take away their rights - aren't they always whining about gun rights and the like - they're done.
    His guest, Wisconsin Republican state senator Glenn Grothman, slammed Matthews as “completely uninformed,” adding, “The firemen’s union around this state have campaigned against Republicans, and the statewide police have repeatedly campaigned against Republicans.”Walker said during a CBS interview last friday, “There are 314 fire and police unions in the state. Four of them endorsed me. All the rest endorsed my opponent.”
    Politifact clarified that it was three locals and the state police that endorsed Walker. “During the campaign last November, leaders of the Milwaukee Professional Firefighters Association and Milwaukee Police Association appeared in an ad supporting Walker and blasting his opponent, Democrat Tom Barrett. Walker also won endorsements from the West Allis Professional Police Association and the Wisconsin Troopers Association.”
    Scott Walker | spares Wisconsin police, fire fighters | collective bargaining | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  9. #179
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    I do NOT believe that you directed me to that website.
    facts are facts

    Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)

  10. #180
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    His guest, Wisconsin Republican state senator Glenn Grothman, slammed Matthews as “completely uninformed,” adding, “The firemen’s union around this state have campaigned against Republicans, and the statewide police have repeatedly campaigned against Republicans.”Walker said during a CBS interview last friday, “There are 314 fire and police unions in the state. Four of them endorsed me. All the rest endorsed my opponent.”
    Politifact clarified that it was three locals and the state police that endorsed Walker. “During the campaign last November, leaders of the Milwaukee Professional Firefighters Association and Milwaukee Police Association appeared in an ad supporting Walker and blasting his opponent, Democrat Tom Barrett. Walker also won endorsements from the West Allis Professional Police Association and the Wisconsin Troopers Association.”
    Scott Walker | spares Wisconsin police, fire fighters | collective bargaining | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment
    Somebody already pointed this out and I admitted that I was wrong. Thanks though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •