Page 179 of 198 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181189 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 1973

Thread: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights withou

  1. #1781
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I earned a paycheck by generating results. My pay was determined by the results generated not the hours worked. Unions are paid by the hours worked not the performance generated especially public unions where results aren't measured and the taxpayers write the checks. Profit doesn't matter to a public union and seniority determines pay increases, not merit.
    SO ....you did earn a paycheck eh? hmmmm...guessing that perhaps you had bills to pay and had need of that check, correct?.......hmmmmm...lets see, by your definition, you are a WAGE SLAVE, AND NO BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE...LIVE IT, LOVE IT, OWN IT....

  2. #1782
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    When those people have nothing invested nor any concept of investment, company profit or loss, or competition because they get their pay and nothing else matters they don't have a lot of credibility. Most people understand that thus the drop in union membership. Most people seem to realize they don't need unions to take care of them and can do it quite well themselves.
    And they're wrong.

    As Union participation has declined, so have wages.

    Wage Stagnation, Growing Insecurity, and the Future of the U.S. Working Class - Monthly Review

    Unions - even if you're not represented by them - help maintain a balance against corporate interests that makes sure that as American productivity continues to rise so do working people's wages.

    If it were solely up to the corporate interests paying people nothing (or next to it) would give them the highest profits. As long as the top classes can create enough goods and services for one another to maintain their status, they could return to indentured servitude for the rest of the nation.

    This is precisely what they want. It's really a destruction of capitalism by pretending to be capitalist. Those who are on top are trying to remove all the rungs below them and they do so by making education unaffordable for most families (this is what vouchers will do - because the schools most in demand will raise their tuition rates, eventually making the vouchers worthless and destroying the public schools in the meantime). For capitalism to succeed, you have to keep the middle class fat and happy. The unions did a good job of that by maintaining wage levels for non-union workers to compare themselves to.

    Now that they're largely gone, people make much less (adjusted for inflation) than their parents did. What's going to happen is that you're going to end up with a system you like a lot less than this one. Everyone pretends that they're against wealth redistribution, but through no-bid government contracts, corporate farm subsidies, tax breaks for multi-million dollar mortgages and vacation homes -wealth is being redistributed - continually upward to the top 5%.

    Their propaganda network convinces working people to vote against their own self-interest and blame the person on the rung below them (never realizing that the rungs above them are merely an illusion). Unions are one of the few ways left for people to organize - the same way corporations do when they form PACs, etc. They form PACs because they know that if they work together, they have an even stronger voice. Then they fund a network that pretends that the individuals who work for them are better off being a lone voice against their billions of dollars.

    Fools believe them and continue to vote for people who will continue to take money away from working people and giving it to the Ivory Tower elites who need at least two more gated homes to make up for their tiny penises.

    People ACTUALLY believe the way to solve the unemployment crisis is to lay more people off. This is Orwell's world now. Wisconsin is only the most obvious example of this double-speak.

  3. #1783
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    And they're wrong.

    As Union participation has declined, so have wages.

    Wage Stagnation, Growing Insecurity, and the Future of the U.S. Working Class - Monthly Review

    Unions - even if you're not represented by them - help maintain a balance against corporate interests that makes sure that as American productivity continues to rise so do working people's wages.

    If it were solely up to the corporate interests paying people nothing (or next to it) would give them the highest profits. As long as the top classes can create enough goods and services for one another to maintain their status, they could return to indentured servitude for the rest of the nation.

    This is precisely what they want. It's really a destruction of capitalism by pretending to be capitalist. Those who are on top are trying to remove all the rungs below them and they do so by making education unaffordable for most families (this is what vouchers will do - because the schools most in demand will raise their tuition rates, eventually making the vouchers worthless and destroying the public schools in the meantime). For capitalism to succeed, you have to keep the middle class fat and happy. The unions did a good job of that by maintaining wage levels for non-union workers to compare themselves to.

    Now that they're largely gone, people make much less (adjusted for inflation) than their parents did. What's going to happen is that you're going to end up with a system you like a lot less than this one. Everyone pretends that they're against wealth redistribution, but through no-bid government contracts, corporate farm subsidies, tax breaks for multi-million dollar mortgages and vacation homes -wealth is being redistributed - continually upward to the top 5%.

    Their propaganda network convinces working people to vote against their own self-interest and blame the person on the rung below them (never realizing that the rungs above them are merely an illusion). Unions are one of the few ways left for people to organize - the same way corporations do when they form PACs, etc. They form PACs because they know that if they work together, they have an even stronger voice. Then they fund a network that pretends that the individuals who work for them are better off being a lone voice against their billions of dollars.

    Fools believe them and continue to vote for people who will continue to take money away from working people and giving it to the Ivory Tower elites who need at least two more gated homes to make up for their tiny penises.

    People ACTUALLY believe the way to solve the unemployment crisis is to lay more people off. This is Orwell's world now. Wisconsin is only the most obvious example of this double-speak.
    Sounds like another intellectual without any practical real life work experience. There are a number of reasons for payroll fluctuations yet you claim to be an expert. What is your experience in claiming that money is being taken away from the working people and given to the "ivory tower elites?" You do realize that about 20% of the work force actually works for large corporations with Ivory Tower elites? What does any of this have to do with public unions and being funded by the taxpayers?

  4. #1784
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Sounds like another intellectual without any practical real life work experience. There are a number of reasons for payroll fluctuations yet you claim to be an expert. What is your experience in claiming that money is being taken away from the working people and given to the "ivory tower elites?" You do realize that about 20% of the work force actually works for large corporations with Ivory Tower elites? What does any of this have to do with public unions and being funded by the taxpayers?
    and yet, with the last line, your trot out the worn out lie again....

  5. #1785
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    When those people have nothing invested nor any concept of investment, company profit or loss, or competition because they get their pay and nothing else matters they don't have a lot of credibility. Most people understand that thus the drop in union membership. Most people seem to realize they don't need unions to take care of them and can do it quite well themselves.
    That's a load of horse dung, conservative, it's a gross generalization. There is a minority of people who act like like that, but it doesn't matter whether belong to a union or not. I worked for a corportation that had no unions and there were people just as you decribed. Shame on you!!! You don't know a G-D thing you're talking about.

  6. #1786
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    and yet, with the last line, your trot out the worn out lie again....
    If you repeat a lie enough times....

  7. #1787
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Sounds like another intellectual without any practical real life work experience. There are a number of reasons for payroll fluctuations yet you claim to be an expert. What is your experience in claiming that money is being taken away from the working people and given to the "ivory tower elites?" You do realize that about 20% of the work force actually works for large corporations with Ivory Tower elites? What does any of this have to do with public unions and being funded by the taxpayers?
    You have yet to show the difference between public Unions and private Unions. Why is that surprising? The only difference is the contracts they have between the parties they represent.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  8. #1788
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    If you repeat a lie enough times....
    he knows that his logic is badly flawed, yet, he don't care...anything to smear unions and those that belong to them.

  9. #1789
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    You have yet to show the difference between public Unions and private Unions. Why is that surprising? The only difference is the contracts they have between the parties they represent.
    Not surprising videos confuse you

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=su4Pw...layer_embedded

  10. #1790
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,358

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    That's a load of horse dung, conservative, it's a gross generalization. There is a minority of people who act like like that, but it doesn't matter whether belong to a union or not. I worked for a corportation that had no unions and there were people just as you decribed. Shame on you!!! You don't know a G-D thing you're talking about.
    Saying someone does not know what they are talking about seems to be an insult and an infraction of the forum rules. I am sure that the moderators of this site are not biased and will penalize you for these words.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •