Page 167 of 198 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 1973

Thread: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights withou

  1. #1661
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    One could argue it's far left policy.

    However, forcing people to buy a private product which is what Obamacare is, is not my idea of a left wing policy.

    I believe the mandate to be the real issue with Obamacare. And I have found it to be unconstitutional at this point. But it is not a "left wing policy".



    Please explain how the stimulus is a "left wing policy".
    Obama's goal is a single payer system which is basically the European model(far leftwing) that has failed to lower costs and improve quality. In order to get there he started with Obamacare, that is incrementalism.

  2. #1662
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,296
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Obama's goal is a single payer system which is basically the European model(far leftwing) that has failed to lower costs and improve quality.
    Ah you do realise that America spends more money then any other country in the world per capita, and gets lower results right?

    In order to get there he started with Obamacare, that is incrementalism.
    It's certainly POSSIBLE but the problem is, the Federal government would have to start aquiring private HMO's which I can't see happening without judicial and legislative intervention.

    Again, you're giving Obama far too much credit here sport.

  3. #1663
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    haymarket;1059358871]Actually they are not.
    Yes, actually they are according to the majority in this country

    The health care compromise is not at all what liberals and progressives wanted. We wanted single payer for everyone and not what we ended up with. Strike one on you.
    He couldn't sell single payer so he accepted an incremental approach to get there. His goal is still single payer and that is far leftwing.

    The stimulus was far short of what many of us advocated and did not go nearly far enough in many areas especially in creating new jobs. Strike two on you.
    Obama had total control of the Congress and to claim that his stimulus program was less than what you and others wanted ignores the fact that it was almost unanimously opposed by the Republicans. It isn't the amount that matters as much as where the money went. It bailed out union pension plans.

    What wealth redistribution? I have seen none. Many of us wanted the tax cuts on the wealthy to bite the big one and even be increased but Obama never gave us either. Strike three on you.
    That is his goal and has always been his goal, "spreading the wealth around", isn't that what he told Joe the Plumber? Obama couldn't sell his program but that doesn't make him any less leftwing, that is his goal as he doesn't understand free enterprise, wealth creation, and the private sector economy.

    Foreign appeasement? What the hell are you talking about? So you get an extra strike.
    The Middle East is on fire, he has basically dissed our major allies of England, France, Germany, and now Japan. Preferring instead to appease radical Islam, North Korea, and Iran.

    And you are out.
    Out also in the far corner of right field.

    Game over and you lost in a shutout

  4. #1664
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Ah you do realise that America spends more money then any other country in the world per capita, and gets lower results right?



    It's certainly POSSIBLE but the problem is, the Federal government would have to start aquiring private HMO's which I can't see happening without judicial and legislative intervention.

    Again, you're giving Obama far too much credit here sport.

    America spends more.....Greedy rich people.....Fat cat corporations.....Tax the rich.....I am beginning to see a pattern here....It's called the Green monster, or jealousy......

    What makes libs think that because someone else worked hard, had a good idea, or became successful that they are entitled to just take that wealth? Go out and get your own!


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #1665
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,296
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The Middle East is on fire, he has basically dissed our major allies of England, France, Germany, and now Japan. Preferring instead to appease radical Islam, North Korea, and Iran.
    Please elaborate on this cum custard.

    What do you mean exactly? Please give examples.

  6. #1666
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,296
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    America spends more.....Greedy rich people.....Fat cat corporations.....Tax the rich.....I am beginning to see a pattern here....It's called the Green monster, or jealousy......

    What makes libs think that because someone else worked hard, had a good idea, or became successful that they are entitled to just take that wealth? Go out and get your own!


    j-mac
    I believe you are confused about what I'm saying.

    The American federal government spends more on trying to provide health care to its citizens, yet in many fields including life expectansy they fall short.

    Again I'm not going to attribute this directly to money spent, considering that there are many others factors, especially in the United States Diet.

    It had nothing to do with taxes or Greedy rich people. Check again.

  7. #1667
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Jetboogieman;1059358877]Ah you do realise that America spends more money then any other country in the world per capita, and gets lower results right?
    So I am told, we spend more because we can plus we have more regulations and higher taxes than other nations have on the corporations and businesses in the healthcare field. Costs of R&D are much higher in this country because of quality control

    It's certainly POSSIBLE but the problem is, the Federal government would have to start aquiring private HMO's which I can't see happening without judicial and legislative intervention.
    That isn't because of lack of interest because that is exactly what obama wants, total control

    Again, you're giving Obama far too much credit here sport.

    He deserves credit for the results he has generated, 15 million unemployed Americans, more debt in 3 years than any other President in history, less people employed, meager economic growth, but his golf game has improved.

  8. #1668
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Please elaborate on this cum custard.

    What do you mean exactly? Please give examples.
    Where is Obama today? Where should he be? Where was Obama when Japan exploded? Where was Obama when Egypt exploded? Where was Obama when Europe was meeting on Libya? Let's not interrupt the golf game or vacation.

  9. #1669
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,296
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    That isn't because of lack of interest because that is exactly what obama wants, total control
    Everything you say from now on has no validity whatsoever.

    To believe the president wants "total control" is so stupid it defies imagination.

    He's not going to be president forever, perhaps he's doing what "he believes to be right".

    The compromise he came up with in the mandate I believe to be unconsitutional.

    I should not be required to buy a private product by the federal government. I agree.

    But he didn't do it because he wants "control".

    Utterly rediculous right wing koolaid talking points.

  10. #1670
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Unions don't own the job.


    j-mac
    doesnt matter....not up to the employer whether the shop is unionized or not, it is up to the employees.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •