Page 159 of 198 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 1973

Thread: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights withou

  1. #1581
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Unless the person in charge is Bush, then it's Clinton's fault.
    If McCain had run on the same type of platform as Obama (reducing debt, increasing jobs, etc etc etc) and had failed this miserably, I'd be sitting here blaming McCain, not Bush.

  2. #1582
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    This is true. But they have a political agenda they want to push and to push it they want to be able to say that the teacher's unions are supported by tax payer money. So in order to accomplish that goal, they will continue to claim that it is taxpayer money going to the union's instead of the teacher's money which it most clearly is. It won't change, it's a willful ignorance in order to engineer an argument to the outcome they wish to claim.
    i absolutely agree...i gave an expample earlier of going down to the local deli, buying a pound of roast beef, paying the owner of the deli, then turning around and saying 'oh, by the way, since i keep you in business with my patronage of your establishment, i don't want you spending the money i gave you on x or y, as that money came from me, and i control its use'.....i really don't think that would go over well with the owner, and he would rightfully tell me to piss off.

  3. #1583
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    If McCain had run on the same type of platform as Obama (reducing debt, increasing jobs, etc etc etc) and had failed this miserably, I'd be sitting here blaming McCain, not Bush.
    Fair enough, we'll take it at face value. I don't understand why anyone believed Obama when he was running. I said he's a Chicago politician and we won't get anything drastically different from Bush. And lo and behold, that's what happened.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #1584
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Fair enough, we'll take it at face value. I don't understand why anyone believed Obama when he was running. I said he's a Chicago politician and we won't get anything drastically different from Bush. And lo and behold, that's what happened.
    I do not disagree with anything you just said.

  5. #1585
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I don't need to get over anything. I was merely pointing out the double standard. You folk change your argument based on whether it's a D or an R in office.
    It has been the same argument over and over, results matter not the R or D after the name.

  6. #1586
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    It has been the same argument over and over, results matter not the R or D after the name.
    I would certainly agree, however that is not how the game is typically played. It's mostly just a partisan crap fest.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #1587
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Here is what your article ignores and why it lacks credibility, from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Employment Numbers

    Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
    2001 137778 137612 137783 137299 137092 136873 137071 136241 136846 136392 136238 136047
    2009 142221 141687 140854 140902 140438 140038 139817 139433 138768 138242 138381 137792
    2010 138333 138641 138905 139455 139420 139119 138960 139250 139391 139061 138888 139206
    2011 139323 139573

    Now what your article fails to point out is that when Bush took office there were 137.8 million people employed and when he left it was 142.2 million or a net increase in jobs.

    Obama takes office with 142.2 million employed and today that is 139.3 million. Why don't you tell BLS that they got the data wrong because your article claims 3 million jobs created when thes reality is 4.4 million net jobs created as the employment numbers show.
    What you fail to realize and my report recognizes is the population of the U.S. grew 22 million people. I guess math wasn't your strong subject...

    BTW, I called it, I knew a data dump was just around the corner.
    Last edited by pbrauer; 03-18-11 at 09:15 PM.


  8. #1588
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    What you fail to realize and my report recognizes is the population of the U.S. grew 22 million people. I guess math wasn't your strong subject...

    BTW, I called it, I knew a data dump was just around the corner.
    Right and the population of the country stopped growing when Obama took office. That is liberal logic and partisanship. You just cannot admit that the empty suit you supported is a failure.

  9. #1589
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Mean while back on topic. It looks like there is one honest judge that isnt under the thumb of the repug thugs in Wisconsin.

    <Judge temporarily blocks implementation of public union law>




    Madison — Dane County Circuit Judge Maryann Sumi issued a temporary restraining order Friday, halting Gov. Scott Walker's law that would sharply curtail collective bargaining for public employees.


    It seems to me the public policy behind effective enforcement of the open meeting law is so strong that it does outweigh the interest, at least at this time, which may exist in favor of sustaining the validity of the (collective bargaining law)," she said.


    Judge temporarily blocks implementation of public union law - JSOnline
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  10. #1590
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    Mean while back on topic. It looks like there is one honest judge that isnt under the thumb of the repug thugs in Wisconsin.

    <Judge temporarily blocks implementation of public union law>


    Madison — Dane County Circuit Judge Maryann Sumi issued a temporary restraining order Friday, halting Gov. Scott Walker's law that would sharply curtail collective bargaining for public employees.


    It seems to me the public policy behind effective enforcement of the open meeting law is so strong that it does outweigh the interest, at least at this time, which may exist in favor of sustaining the validity of the (collective bargaining law)," she said.


    Judge temporarily blocks implementation of public union law - JSOnline
    Maybe Walker should pull an "Obama" and ignore the order like Obama has done with the Healthcare order as well as the drilling moratorium reversal. Apparently those judgeswere activists Judges whereas the one in Wisconsin was doing the will of the people, right, Donc?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •