Page 158 of 198 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 1973

Thread: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights withou

  1. #1571
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Logic 101 says that part of the teachers salary (which is their's, not the taxpayers) are going to the unions.
    Right, forced union dues as a requirement of employment as unions tell workers what to do with part of their money, money they never see because it is deducted automatically from their pay, thus goes from the taxpayer, to the department head, to the unions. That is taxpayer funding of unions.

  2. #1572
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Unless the person in charge is Bush, then it's Clinton's fault.
    People voted for Obama to "clean up the Bush mess" and what we got were worse employment and debt numbers. Neither Clinton or Bush are in office now, you need to get over it.

  3. #1573
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    Allah forbid we blame the person in charge, right?
    Right and Obama ran for almost two years for the job he got saying he had the fix and here we are two years after he took office and the employment is less than it was when he took office and the debt numbers almost as bad as the entire Bush 8 year term. Apparently that is the "Hope and Change" liberals voted for.

  4. #1574
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Right, forced union dues as a requirement of employment as unions tell workers what to do with part of their money, money they never see because it is deducted automatically from their pay, thus goes from the taxpayer, to the department head, to the unions. That is taxpayer funding of unions.
    what is so hard to comprehend here for you? services are performed, for which wages are recieved, the employee is aware at the time of being hired , that they will be responsible for dues, they accept this, and are aware that the dues will be deducted from THEIR PAY, PAY THAT THEY HAVE EARNED, much like other deductions, such as federal and state income taxes..nothing is forced, and the union dues, no matter how long and often you want to claim, come from WAGES EARNED BY THE EMPLOYEE, NOT THE TAXPAYERS. I have hope that you will eventually come to understand this.

  5. #1575
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    STRIKE THREE!! conservative stood there like the house by the side of the road....again, saying it is obamas fault isnt gonna cut it.....
    How's this for leadership?

    CBO: Obama understates deficits by $2.3 trillion - Yahoo! Finance

    Poor leadership is a cause for new employment being created and poor leadership is why we don't even have a budget for the current fiscal year which is now almost half over. Poor leadership skills were shown in the Obama resume but you and others ignored it because you bought the flowery rhetoric. Now the rest of the country is paying for the ignorance of so many.

  6. #1576
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    what is so hard to comprehend here for you? services are performed, for which wages are recieved, the employee is aware at the time of being hired , that they will be responsible for dues, they accept this, and are aware that the dues will be deducted from THEIR PAY, PAY THAT THEY HAVE EARNED, much like other deductions, such as federal and state income taxes..nothing is forced, and the union dues, no matter how long and often you want to claim, come from WAGES EARNED BY THE EMPLOYEE, NOT THE TAXPAYERS. I have hope that you will eventually come to understand this.
    What is so hard for you to understand that payment from the taxpayers to the department heads to the unions is taxpayer funding the unions?

  7. #1577
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Right, forced union dues as a requirement of employment as unions tell workers what to do with part of their money, money they never see because it is deducted automatically from their pay, thus goes from the taxpayer, to the department head, to the unions. That is taxpayer funding of unions.
    The teachers are supporting the teacher unions. They all made a choice when they applied for the job and accepted the contractual obligations which came with it. They are adults, they can exercise their right to contract as they see fit. If they choose to exercise it by accepting the terms of employment, then that was their choice as an adult and well within their rights.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #1578
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What is so hard for you to understand that payment from the taxpayers to the department heads to the unions is taxpayer funding the unions?
    i'm going to keep calling you on this until you quit spouting this bs.....taxpayer pays WAGES to employee, at which point, the taxpayer no longer has any controlling interest in said WAGES, as these WAGES now belong to the EMPLOYEE, to spend howevere they want...THE EMPLOYEE authorizes said department head to send part of these wages as dues to the union....THE MONEY STILL BELONGS TO THE EMPLOYEE, AND PER CONTRACT, THE DUES ARE WITHHELD AND SENT OUT OF WAGES EARNED(hard concept for you to grasp, i know) to the union on behalf of THE EMPLOYEE...just because the department head sends the check covering the dues, doesnt mean that this is taxpayer money.....the dues come out of wages earned.....my god, is this really that hard to understand for you? really?

  9. #1579
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    People voted for Obama to "clean up the Bush mess" and what we got were worse employment and debt numbers. Neither Clinton or Bush are in office now, you need to get over it.
    I don't need to get over anything. I was merely pointing out the double standard. You folk change your argument based on whether it's a D or an R in office.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #1580
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    i'm going to keep calling you on this until you quit spouting this bs.....taxpayer pays WAGES to employee, at which point, the taxpayer no longer has any controlling interest in said WAGES, as these WAGES now belong to the EMPLOYEE, to spend howevere they want...THE EMPLOYEE authorizes said department head to send part of these wages as dues to the union....THE MONEY STILL BELONGS TO THE EMPLOYEE, AND PER CONTRACT, THE DUES ARE WITHHELD AND SENT OUT OF WAGES EARNED(hard concept for you to grasp, i know) to the union on behalf of THE EMPLOYEE...just because the department head sends the check covering the dues, doesnt mean that this is taxpayer money.....the dues come out of wages earned.....my god, is this really that hard to understand for you? really?
    This is true. But they have a political agenda they want to push and to push it they want to be able to say that the teacher's unions are supported by tax payer money. So in order to accomplish that goal, they will continue to claim that it is taxpayer money going to the union's instead of the teacher's money which it most clearly is. It won't change, it's a willful ignorance in order to engineer an argument to the outcome they wish to claim.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •