Page 136 of 198 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1973

Thread: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights withou

  1. #1351
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Yeah, we've been shown. But it's all distortion and make believe.
    That is your opinion, the facts prove differently.

  2. #1352
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    what exactly does Andrew Klavan have wrong? Specifics??
    Why don't read what the man wrote, he said he doesn't take him seriously? Do you know what that means? Clue: It doesn't mean he has to detail to YOU or anyone else what Klaven got wrong. HE DOESN'T TAKE HIM SERIOUSLY!!!!


  3. #1353
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Why don't read what the man wrote, he said he doesn't take him seriously? Do you know what that means? Clue: It doesn't mean he has to detail to YOU or anyone else what Klaven got wrong. HE DOESN'T TAKE HIM SERIOUSLY!!!!
    Right, the messenger not the message is important to you? What is it specifically in that video that is wrong regarding public unions? I have seen unions absolutely destroy business and a lot of unemployed union employees now receiving taxpayer money since they no longer have a job after running business out of business. yes, unions are great, aren't they?

  4. #1354
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Right, the messenger not the message is important to you? What is it specifically in that video that is wrong regarding public unions? I have seen unions absolutely destroy business and a lot of unemployed union employees now receiving taxpayer money since they no longer have a job after running business out of business. yes, unions are great, aren't they?
    Some corporations are good and some are bad, some people are good and some are bad, it's life.


  5. #1355
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Some corporations are good and some are bad, some people are good and some are bad, it's life.
    Yes, but when we have a bad corporation they go out of business as they lose customers, when we have a bad public union it stays in existence and continues to get funded.

  6. #1356
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    That is your opinion, the facts prove differently.
    What facts? Your belief that people can't own the money that they receive as compensation for their labor? Is that a fact? No, it's an opinion. This entire fantasy of "the unions are supported with tax payer dollars" is just pissing into the wind. In the end, unions are a useful structure to have if properly controlled and maintained. They still serve a purpose even. And this whole trying to make it look like the government is funneling money into the unions....they may be but it ain't because teachers have to pay dues. It will be some shady back room thing none of us know about. And if you don't think they ain't doing to others to, then you're living in a fantasy world as well. This happens a lot. Look at Bush's Medicare Part D, it was a give away to the pharmaceutical companies. Look at the lack of regulation on the banks and wallstreet which lead to the economic collapse. You think that was coincidence? Hell no! The banks and the aristocracy have the ear of the government. That was a one-two punch from Clinton/Bush to deregulate that. Look at the oil companies. Not only do they get tons of money from the government but the regulatory committee there was apparently just doing cocaine and hookers instead of looking for problems. Where was the check? Hell, even FEMA uses a lot of money...where did it all go? Cause it certainly didn't go into fixing New Orleans. This is America, we could have fixed New Orleans up like new within a year.

    The list goes on and on. Government has its hands in everything. Yet I'm supposed to sit here and actually believe this nonsense about public funding of a union because the teachers have to pay dues and they happen through coincidence of their job be paid by the tax payers. That's what I'm supposed to believe. That's what I'm supposed to have a problem with. That. And all this other **** is going down in the government, all this other money is ending up in shady places, and I'm supposed to be concerned about some po-dunk union in the backwoods of Wisconsin. All because the teachers who belong to the union have to pay dues.

    People in this country better start getting priorities set, else we are going to lose this Republic.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #1357
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yes, but when we have a bad corporation they go out of business as they lose customers, when we have a bad public union it stays in existence and continues to get funded.
    No we don't. When we have bad corporations, they get hand outs from the government (which IS taxpayer money) to stay afloat even when they are the one's who broke the system in the first place. There's no free market capitalism in America anymore. This is corporate capitalism.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #1358
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You have been shown over and over how taxpayer money gets to the unions, you choose to ignore it.
    Do you feel that you can defend your position in a debate?
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  9. #1359
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    What facts? Your belief that people can't own the money that they receive as compensation for their labor? Is that a fact? No, it's an opinion. This entire fantasy of "the unions are supported with tax payer dollars" is just pissing into the wind. In the end, unions are a useful structure to have if properly controlled and maintained. They still serve a purpose even. And this whole trying to make it look like the government is funneling money into the unions....they may be but it ain't because teachers have to pay dues. It will be some shady back room thing none of us know about. And if you don't think they ain't doing to others to, then you're living in a fantasy world as well. This happens a lot. Look at Bush's Medicare Part D, it was a give away to the pharmaceutical companies. Look at the lack of regulation on the banks and wallstreet which lead to the economic collapse. You think that was coincidence? Hell no! The banks and the aristocracy have the ear of the government. That was a one-two punch from Clinton/Bush to deregulate that. Look at the oil companies. Not only do they get tons of money from the government but the regulatory committee there was apparently just doing cocaine and hookers instead of looking for problems. Where was the check? Hell, even FEMA uses a lot of money...where did it all go? Cause it certainly didn't go into fixing New Orleans. This is America, we could have fixed New Orleans up like new within a year.

    The list goes on and on. Government has its hands in everything. Yet I'm supposed to sit here and actually believe this nonsense about public funding of a union because the teachers have to pay dues and they happen through coincidence of their job be paid by the tax payers. That's what I'm supposed to believe. That's what I'm supposed to have a problem with. That. And all this other **** is going down in the government, all this other money is ending up in shady places, and I'm supposed to be concerned about some po-dunk union in the backwoods of Wisconsin. All because the teachers who belong to the union have to pay dues.

    People in this country better start getting priorities set, else we are going to lose this Republic.
    It has nothing to do with it being their money but instead of what they are forced to do with it by unions. That is the issue, forced union dues. Calling it a po-dunk union says a lot about you.

    As for the rest of your post it is too ill informed to even discuss. You continue to buy the rhetoric that govt. pays oil companies instead of those companies getting to keep more of what they earned. Quite a bit of difference. Liberalism has been successful in the brainwashing. You are hardly a Libertarian.

  10. #1360
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    Do you feel that you can defend your position in a debate?
    Absolutely, I have no problem defending my position based upon actual work experience as well as actual verifiable facts. You offer opinions as fact but only opinions from leftwing sources.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •