Page 119 of 198 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1973

Thread: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights withou

  1. #1181
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I cannot believe you and others cannot see the connection. Where do you think the money comes from to fund the unions if not the salaries of the workers, a salary paid for by the taxpayers? Did you ever take a logic's class in school?
    Well let's see...PhD physicist....logic....yeah I think I'm good at that. I cannot believe you and others cannot understand ownership and property. When a teacher is paid, that's his/her money. If they made obligations to the Union to pay them out of their salary, that is THEIR MONEY they are paying to their union. Not the tax payers. It's a dumb dumb dumb argument to claim that the Unions are paid by tax payers because you can trace the money through enough people to eventually arrive at the government and say "AH HA!". I cannot believe you can't see THAT. Let's not make retarded arguments here. I have to pay my rent, I have to pay may bike payments, I have to buy food. It's like saying that because I have to spend money on this that my landlord, my credit union, and the grocery stores I go to are funded and supported by tax payer dollars because I have to spend my money on these things. That's how STUPID the argument is. Did YOU take a logic class in school? Maybe not, it seems that leaps of logic are your thing if you're truly going to believe an argument as painfully ignorant as that.

    I can see the connection your ilk is trying to make. It's just ****ing dumb.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #1182
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I cannot believe you and others cannot see the connection. Where do you think the money comes from to fund the unions if not the salaries of the workers, a salary paid for by the taxpayers? Did you ever take a logic's class in school?
    I think everyone understands that the salaries of public workers comes from the taxpayers (which public workers are themselves). People are taking issue with the fact that you think this gives other taxpayers a right to have an input on how public workers spend their money. By the same logic, anyone with a job has to answer to anyone that contributed to their salary.

    When the state gives the money to the public worker, that money becomes the property of the public worker. Public workers exchange work for money, they don't exchange work + rights to determine where they spend their salary for money.

  3. #1183
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    When the state gives the money to the public worker, that money becomes the property of the public worker. Public workers exchange work for money, they don't exchange work + rights to determine where they spend their salary for money.
    A-****ing-men! Thank you Jebus. Finally a soul who understands property.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #1184
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Well let's see...PhD physicist....logic....yeah I think I'm good at that. I cannot believe you and others cannot understand ownership and property. When a teacher is paid, that's his/her money. If they made obligations to the Union to pay them out of their salary, that is THEIR MONEY they are paying to their union. Not the tax payers. It's a dumb dumb dumb argument to claim that the Unions are paid by tax payers because you can trace the money through enough people to eventually arrive at the government and say "AH HA!". I cannot believe you can't see THAT. Let's not make retarded arguments here. I have to pay my rent, I have to pay may bike payments, I have to buy food. It's like saying that because I have to spend money on this that my landlord, my credit union, and the grocery stores I go to are funded and supported by tax payer dollars because I have to spend my money on these things. That's how STUPID the argument is. Did YOU take a logic class in school? Maybe not, it seems that leaps of logic are your thing if you're truly going to believe an argument as painfully ignorant as that.

    I can see the connection your ilk is trying to make. It's just ****ing dumb.
    I don't see any logic in your argument so try again, taxpayers fund the teacher's salary for without taxpayers there wouldn't be any jobs thus the taxpayer money becomes the teacher's money which unions demand dues thus forcing teachers to pay those dues which come from their salary. It is no wonder we are in such a mess in this country when you and others cannot grasp the simple concept of transfer of payment from the taxpayers to the unions through the teachers.

  5. #1185
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    this thread pertains to public unions. you need to keep the proper context in mind, we shouldn't have to clarify with each post that we are not discussing private unions.
    Define what you consider public unions. Would the teamster local, that represents the Wasila Alaska police dept. be considered a public union?
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  6. #1186
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I don't see any logic in your argument so try again, taxpayers fund the teacher's salary for without taxpayers there wouldn't be any jobs thus the taxpayer money becomes the teacher's money which unions demand dues thus forcing teachers to pay those dues which come from their salary. It is no wonder we are in such a mess in this country when you and others cannot grasp the simple concept of transfer of payment from the taxpayers to the unions through the teachers.
    If you cannot see any logic in my argument, then we're done because you are unable to see logic.


    I am paid by the taxpayers. Are you saying my landlord is funded by the taxpayers? Just because the taxpayers pay my salary does not mean the money I spend is your money. It's MY money. I worked for it, I exchanged my labor for it, it's mine. It's the same with the teachers. They exchange their labor in service of the State, so the State pays them. Once they pay them, that money is NO LONGER STATE MONEY. It belongs to the individual who exchanged their labor for it. That's it. When they pay their union dues, they are not paying it with YOUR MONEY. It is THEIR MONEY. They are the ones who did the work, they were the ones who received compensation for that work in the form of money, they are the ones who agreed to be part of the Union, they are the ones who use their money in order to pay their union dues.

    That's it. If you can't see the logic, you are incapable of seeing logic. That's all there is to it.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #1187
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    If you cannot see any logic in my argument, then we're done because you are unable to see logic.


    I am paid by the taxpayers. Are you saying my landlord is funded by the taxpayers? Just because the taxpayers pay my salary does not mean the money I spend is your money. It's MY money. I worked for it, I exchanged my labor for it, it's mine. It's the same with the teachers. They exchange their labor in service of the State, so the State pays them. Once they pay them, that money is NO LONGER STATE MONEY. It belongs to the individual who exchanged their labor for it. That's it. When they pay their union dues, they are not paying it with YOUR MONEY. It is THEIR MONEY. They are the ones who did the work, they were the ones who received compensation for that work in the form of money, they are the ones who agreed to be part of the Union, they are the ones who use their money in order to pay their union dues.

    That's it. If you can't see the logic, you are incapable of seeing logic. That's all there is to it.
    Your landlord is indeed funded by the taxpayer money that goes to you. You have a choice however to live in that place and fund that landlord, not so with the public unions in Wisconsin. There is no choice there thus the taxpayers do fund the unions through the union teachers. No one is claiming you didn't work for the money but you are ignoring where that money comes from and if there were no taxpayers there wouldn't be any job thus no money for you to fund your unions. Same with private sector union employees, no business no salaries but the difference is people choose where to spend their money in the private sector.

    If you cannot understand this logic then you are part of the problem.

  8. #1188
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    uh oh, illinois

    No Easy Fixes in Illinois Pension Mess - WSJ.com

    one of the very few united states with a democrat house, senate and gub is looking to BURN

    with state pensions ONLY FORTY FIVE PERCENT FUNDED (worst in the nation) the pols are pushing plans to punish employees by prescribing them to pay more, wait longer AND receive less

    even if ALL OF THE ABOVE is in direct violation of CONTRACTS agreed upon

    wait a minute, didn't GOVERNOR QUINN just raise taxes an astounding SIXTY SIX PERCENT?

    by taxing teachers TWENTY PERCENT towards retirement, illinois' unlucky leaders look to leverage a whole twenty five billion

    unfortunately, the state is EIGHTY TWO BIL beneath

    they're considering going to DC for help

    you can f-g-i that, forget about it

    how did we get here?

    how do we get out?

    why do teachers in my state of california draw retirements some FOUR HUNDRED PERCENT higher than ordinary americans who depend on insulting soc sec?

    THESE are the questions of our times

  9. #1189
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    Define what you consider public unions. Would the teamster local, that represents the Wasila Alaska police dept. be considered a public union?
    This thread isn't about the teamsters or what is going on in Wasila. Just admit you are wrong and let's move on

  10. #1190
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Your landlord is indeed funded by the taxpayer money that goes to you. You have a choice however to live in that place and fund that landlord, not so with the public unions in Wisconsin. There is no choice there thus the taxpayers do fund the unions through the union teachers. No one is claiming you didn't work for the money but you are ignoring where that money comes from and if there were no taxpayers there wouldn't be any job thus no money for you to fund your unions. Same with private sector union employees, no business no salaries but the difference is people choose where to spend their money in the private sector.

    If you cannot understand this logic then you are part of the problem.
    This is just some of the dumbest, juvanile arguments I have ever seen. It completly ignores property and ownership. My landlord is not funded with taxpayer dollars, he is in part funded by MY dollars. You want to take away my labor, and it's bull****. You don't want to acknowledge MY WORK. That's what you're really saying. By continually claiming MY money is Taxpayer money you're saying I didn't earn it, that it was not fair trade.

    It is too early in the morning to deal with this level of stupid arguments.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •