Page 111 of 198 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1973

Thread: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights withou

  1. #1101
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I agree we have to be careful about villifying unions and blaming them for our economic meltdown. We can rightfully expect, though, that public sector union members share in some of our pain...thereby helping to ease the burden on taxpayers. Defined benefit pension plans are Rolls Royce's we just can't afford.
    Yeah I hate it when the teachers, firefighters and policemen ride around in their Rolls Royce's! They are just so over compensated!!!! I mean what if they don't make as much as the average tax break for those making over a million dollars a year. Why should millionaires have to suffer from cuts to their $93,000 tax break each year just because teachers, firefighters and policemen are so greedy?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  2. #1102
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Yeah I hate it when the teachers, firefighters and policemen ride around in their Rolls Royce's! They are just so over compensated!!!! I mean what if they don't make as much as the average tax break for those making over a million dollars a year. Why should millionaires have to suffer from cuts to their $93,000 tax break each year just because teachers, firefighters and policemen are so greedy?
    Well, you're the second poster on your side of the union controversy who doesn't understand analogies. A real shame.

    I wonder if others are as tired as I am of your referencing those tax cuts. Do you even know what a defined benefit plan is? I'm guessing the answer is, "No." Or maybe it's, "Yes!! But I want one anyhow!!!" Well, middle class taxpayers can't afford to indulge you much longer.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  3. #1103
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Well, you're the second poster on your side of the union controversy who doesn't understand analogies. A real shame.

    I wonder if others are as tired as I am of your referencing those tax cuts. Do you even know what a defined benefit plan is? I'm guessing the answer is, "No." Or maybe it's, "Yes!! But I want one anyhow!!!" Well, middle class taxpayers can't afford to indulge you much longer.
    We understand the analogy; we think you're ridiculous for using it.

  4. #1104
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    We understand the analogy; we think you're ridiculous for using it.
    Another poster who doesn't know what a Defined Benefit Plan is...
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  5. #1105
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Another poster who doesn't know what a Defined Benefit Plan is...
    I love it when people assume that my different opinion points to a lack of knowledge. Once you start attacking my knowledge or intellect instead of the actual argument, I know that you've lost it, especially when most of your posts are one liners backed by absolutely no significant evidence.

  6. #1106
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    I love it when people assume that my different opinion points to a lack of knowledge. Once you start attacking my knowledge or intellect instead of the actual argument, I know that you've lost it, especially when most of your posts are one liners backed by absolutely no significant evidence.
    You're right; I shouldn't assume you don't know what it is.

    Who is attacking whom here? Most of my posts are one-liners? As I reminded you before, you arrived a bit late to this particular party. I've posted/re-posted/re-re-posted links on this and every other aspect of public sector unions/compensation/benefits. I have no particular desire to bring you up to speed.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  7. #1107
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Most of my posts are one-liners?
    take my wife ... please!

  8. #1108
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    You're right; I shouldn't assume you don't know what it is.

    Who is attacking whom here? Most of my posts are one-liners? As I reminded you before, you arrived a bit late to this particular party. I've posted/re-posted/re-re-posted links on this and every other aspect of public sector unions/compensation/benefits. I have no particular desire to bring you up to speed.
    1. Cool.
    2. I'm assuming you since you attack understanding when people don't agree with you. Although you could argue my pointing this out is an attack.
    3. Maybe not most.
    4. Wow. Talk about an ego.
    5. The end. Sorry for taking this off topic.

  9. #1109
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Well, you're the second poster on your side of the union controversy who doesn't understand analogies. A real shame.

    I wonder if others are as tired as I am of your referencing those tax cuts. Do you even know what a defined benefit plan is? I'm guessing the answer is, "No." Or maybe it's, "Yes!! But I want one anyhow!!!" Well, middle class taxpayers can't afford to indulge you much longer.
    Indulge me? I am not a teacher, firefighter or policeman. Do you even know that teacher's agreed to have less in salary so more of their compensation could go towards their benefits? Together, with benefits they make $75,000 a year on average for one of the most challenging and important jobs in the country. That is $18,000 less than the average annual tax break for those making over $1 million a year. So you are saying $75,000 a year is too high of an expectation for a college educated middle class?

    What annual compensation do your think our college educated middle class should aspire to?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  10. #1110
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:10 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,091

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    take my wife ... please!

    do you have suitable pictures?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •