Page 109 of 198 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1973

Thread: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights withou

  1. #1081
    Educator Sgt Meowenstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-22-17 @ 06:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    620

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    And because you are wrong I will continue to educate you. Show me a line item on the Federal Budget for tax subsidy expense? How does you keeping more of your money through tax cuts hurting the economy? Like most liberals it is illogical and totally false to believe that the Govt. needs the tax dollars more than the American taxpayer. I am sure that some day you will be working and figure it out.
    You are just spewing con tax cut ideology, not fact. I'm not a con. I don't buy it. Never will. Ochham seems to have fallen for it, though. Maybe the two of you can jerk off over Reagan quotes.


  2. #1082
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    You have an exceedingly short memory, don't you?

    1 in 7 poor in 2009
    So do you. From your link:

    One in seven Americans are living in poverty, the U.S. Census Bureau reported today -- the highest level since 1994.
    Who was president in 1994 ???

    Which party controlled the House for 45 years prior to 1994 ??

    Looks like poverty went down under Reagan to me, after increasing dramatically under Carter.


    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  3. #1083
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Meowenstein View Post
    Sorry you wasted all that time on a response that I won't read. I don't buy into the conservative theory of tax breaks. You can try and convince me all you want. It won't happen. Save that con BS for your naive brethren.
    You're self imposed exile on non-conservative facts about tax breaks is part of the problem. It's not conservative theory - this is what's taught in liberal arts colleges and is called "Economics". You're free to stick your fingers in your ears and loudly scream to avoid it though. Have fun.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  4. #1084
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Meowenstein View Post
    You are just spewing con tax cut ideology, not fact. I'm not a con. I don't buy it. Never will. Ochham seems to have fallen for it, though. Maybe the two of you can jerk off over Reagan quotes.
    This isn't about "falling for it". Do you realize how hyper-partisan and ignorant your response sounds?

    I assume then you only want to hear from posters who share your ideology and reject anyone who questions it as a "liar conservative". Quite amusing actually. You're view is usually what some progressives claim evangelical christian conservatives do... quite ironic actually.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  5. #1085
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,994

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Moderator's Warning:
    Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights withouPosters should note that this is the *Breaking News* section, not the basement. They're posts and discourse should match it as such. Cut the personal attacks and attacking vulgarity or consequences will occur

  6. #1086
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    I didn't explain mandatory anything because that wasn't the topic.Why the lame attempt at changing the topic?

    Here ,maybe you lost your train of thought(such as it is) was the post i was responding to when i posted the following.





    In your own words, tell me how a Union tells their members what to do with the money that they earn for their labors.
    What exactly is wrong with you? Forced union membership and forced dues! You don't think forcing someone to spend "their" money on union dues isn't telling someone what to do with their money? You just cannot admit you are wrong.

  7. #1087
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,072

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Yeah its working perfectly. A 14.2 trillion dollar debt and 1 in 7 American are now poor!

    Poverty Rate Climbs in Recession, One in Seven Now Poor
    Which hasn't a thing to do with supply-side economics. You can thank liberal entitlement programs, unions, and stimulus packages for that. You know, the stuff the founders never wanted the government to do. You know, EXACTLY what Lenin and Trotsky wanted the government to do.

  8. #1088
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What exactly is wrong with you? Forced union membership and forced dues! You don't think forcing someone to spend "their" money on union dues isn't telling someone what to do with their money? You just cannot admit you are wrong.
    There's still a choice here Conservative, if the person doesn't like a closed shop, they don't have to work there.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  9. #1089
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    There's still a choice here Conservative, if the person doesn't like a closed shop, they don't have to work there.
    I agree with this, even for a heavily unionized profession like teaching, there are still plenty of schools without unions.

  10. #1090
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,307

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    I agree with this, even for a heavily unionized profession like teaching, there are still plenty of schools without unions.

    I am going to inject a usually liberal talking point here, which surprisingly TPD has either forgotten, or chooses to ignore because it is his ox being gored.

    Some towns and cities have only one industry left in them, and the jobs that pay a standard of living that is middle class are in those industries. It is inherently UN-American, and UN-Democratic in my view to tell someone whom is qualified, and able to be hired in all other aspects of the job, that they can't have it unless they submit to union membership.

    Normally I would say for them to take their qualifications and move to another part of the country to get a job in line with what they want to make, however, in this case it is more like the bully in the park. When someone is playing nicely, not bothering anyone, then comes the bully and says that this is HIS part of the park and you have to pay him to be in it. It's BS.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •