Page 108 of 198 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1973

Thread: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights withou

  1. #1071
    Educator Sgt Meowenstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-22-17 @ 06:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    620

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    You do now that Conservative informed you, because you did make a mistake in saying:



    Just sayin'.
    Boopidy bopidy boop...just sayin...


  2. #1072
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Meowenstein View Post
    Boopidy bopidy boop...just sayin...
    Or... you could just say you made a mistake and move on. Either way is cool with me.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  3. #1073
    Educator Sgt Meowenstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-22-17 @ 06:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    620

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    If you know what tax subsidies are then you sure haven't shown it. It isn't taxpayer funded, it is a taxpayer keeping more of what they earned by doing certain things required by the govt. No tax subsidy is an expense to the govt. which has been explained to you over and over. Still it doesn't sink in.
    You can explain things all you want. I really don't care. Your take is the conservative take on tax breaks. Not the liberal take. Just because you believe that tax breaks don't hurt the economy, and aren't a form of corporate welfare, doesn't make it so.


  4. #1074
    Educator Sgt Meowenstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-22-17 @ 06:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    620

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Or... you could just say you made a mistake and move on. Either way is cool with me.
    I didn't make a mistake. You can accept that or not. I really couldn't give a flying **** what you think.


  5. #1075
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Meowenstein View Post
    I didn't make a mistake. You can accept that or not. I really couldn't give a flying **** what you think.
    Obviously you do or you wouldn't bother responding with your little insult. Let me help explain it further: A tax subsidy actually has the government relieving the normal revenue that would be collected. This has no real cost associated with it as these costs are really tax expenditures. This allows, as was previously pointed out, more money to be kept for the purposes of economic growth. Tax subsidies (of course these are not taxpayer funded) increase returns by cutting the cost of having to tax - this can be done a few different ways. Tax credits, changing the tax rate, or changing what is and is not taxed.

    The end result is the person, corporation or whomever as they have higher profits, higher wages or lower prices for goods and services. As you can see, the taxpayer doesn't fund anything. Hopefully you can use this information in the future to not make the same mistake again.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  6. #1076
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No, you didn't explain mandatory unions that are in Wisconsin and unions forcing people to pay dues out of taxpayer funded wages. Why do you support someone else telling union employees how to spend their money. Forced unions is something that is indefensible.
    I didn't explain mandatory anything because that wasn't the topic.Why the lame attempt at changing the topic?

    Here ,maybe you lost your train of thought(such as it is) was the post i was responding to when i posted the following.

    Conservative

    This thread is about unions and their rights plus who is funding those unions. You seem to be misguided as usual all in an effort to claim some sort of victory. Fact unions do tell people how to spend some of their money and that money is union dues which come from the taxpayers in the form of salary, get it yet?
    donc
    “Give me an example of a how a Union " telling people what they have to do with some of their money? "
    In your own words, tell me how a Union tells their members what to do with the money that they earn for their labors.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  7. #1077
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Meowenstein View Post
    You can explain things all you want. I really don't care. Your take is the conservative take on tax breaks. Not the liberal take. Just because you believe that tax breaks don't hurt the economy, and aren't a form of corporate welfare, doesn't make it so.
    And because you are wrong I will continue to educate you. Show me a line item on the Federal Budget for tax subsidy expense? How does you keeping more of your money through tax cuts hurting the economy? Like most liberals it is illogical and totally false to believe that the Govt. needs the tax dollars more than the American taxpayer. I am sure that some day you will be working and figure it out.

  8. #1078
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    I didn't explain mandatory anything because that wasn't the topic.Why the lame attempt at changing the topic?

    Here ,maybe you lost your train of thought(such as it is) was the post i was responding to when i posted the following.





    In your own words, tell me how a Union tells their members what to do with the money that they earn for their labors.
    It is indeed the topic, you screwed up, just admit it. This has nothing to do with the UAW or Teamsters but everything to do with unions forcing workers to join and pay union dues. Guess a liberal can never admit when wrong. Keep posting and showing your ignorance on the topic.

    when a union accepts union dues they are telling the workers what to do with that part of their income. Pretty simple concept, I would expect it easier for you to understand.

  9. #1079
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    It is indeed the topic, you screwed up, just admit it. This has nothing to do with the UAW or Teamsters but everything to do with unions forcing workers to join and pay union dues. Guess a liberal can never admit when wrong. Keep posting and showing your ignorance on the topic.

    when a union accepts union dues they are telling the workers what to do with that part of their income. Pretty simple concept, I would expect it easier for you to understand.

    Seeing as you keep attempting to divert ,dance around, my question which, is show me an example of a uniion “telling people what they have to do with some of their money? ”.Perhaps this question will be a bit easer for you. From post #893, where you say that public unions live off the taxpayers dollars? You’ll have to explain that one to this old Teamster.

    Are you saying that because public employees pay their union dues, out of wages that they earn from the work they do, be it filling potholes, teach children in public schools, fight fires, or put their lives on the line to protect and serve the citizens of the city/state. You consider that public unions living off of taxpayer’s dollars?
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  10. #1080
    Educator Sgt Meowenstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-22-17 @ 06:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    620

    Re: Wisconsin Republicans vote to strip public worker collective bargaining rights wi

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Obviously you do or you wouldn't bother responding with your little insult. Let me help explain it further: A tax subsidy actually has the government relieving the normal revenue that would be collected. This has no real cost associated with it as these costs are really tax expenditures. This allows, as was previously pointed out, more money to be kept for the purposes of economic growth. Tax subsidies (of course these are not taxpayer funded) increase returns by cutting the cost of having to tax - this can be done a few different ways. Tax credits, changing the tax rate, or changing what is and is not taxed.

    The end result is the person, corporation or whomever as they have higher profits, higher wages or lower prices for goods and services. As you can see, the taxpayer doesn't fund anything. Hopefully you can use this information in the future to not make the same mistake again.
    Sorry you wasted all that time on a response that I won't read. I don't buy into the conservative theory of tax breaks. You can try and convince me all you want. It won't happen. Save that con BS for your naive brethren.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •